News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Theme] Starry Night

Started by PopLife, April 17, 2005, 12:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Chief

Quote from: giba_choo on April 18, 2005, 04:27:16 AM
Updated...
Thankyou for your help Viking Chief

My pleasure giba_choo  ;)
"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus" -Mark Twain

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JewelCG

This is a great theme...  Would be great if it was adjusted to work with the MKPortal without making the screen scroll to the side.   :D

crazystu

I was looking for a theme like this before :P
Great job

PopLife

Quote from: JewelCG on April 18, 2005, 09:57:24 PM
This is a great theme...  Would be great if it was adjusted to work with the MKPortal without making the screen scroll to the side.   :D

Open up index.template.php
Find all "825" values and change them to an appropriate size. I think that by changing the values simply to "100%", the page will automatically fit the forums.

JewelCG

Tried making the changes but no go...   :(    I just barely started with this board and the portal system so I may be missing something..  Still think the theme is excellent. 

Jewel

Viking Chief

Quote from: JewelCG on April 19, 2005, 11:34:59 AM
Tried making the changes but no go...   :(    I just barely started with this board and the portal system so I may be missing something..  Still think the theme is excellent. 

Jewel

I'd just looked at the index.template.php and what you have to find is is all the "800" and not "825"

:P

JewelCG

QuoteI'd just looked at the index.template.php and what you have to find is is all the "800" and not "825"

~laughs~ I did figure that out.. Figured it was a typo or some such..

Viking Chief

Viking Chief

Hi JewelCG

I've just installed MKPortal and the Starry Night theme. You can check it out here...
I modified the theme a bit... If you want the index.template.php and style.css let me know ;)

User: smf
pw: test

http://ragnarokportal.upnweb.dk/forum/index.php

(the server is slow :()

JewelCG

QuoteI've just installed MKPortal and the Starry Night theme. You can check it out here...
I modified the theme a bit... If you want the index.template.php and style.css let me know

:(  You know, I'm beginning to think it's me somehow since with both portal sides open it makes the screen scroll to the side for me at your site too...  I'd like to have the modified files anyway though..  This is too nice a skin not to try to make work.

[email protected]

Viking Chief

Just mailed you the files  ;)

PopLife

Quote from: JewelCG on April 19, 2005, 04:35:50 PM
QuoteI've just installed MKPortal and the Starry Night theme. You can check it out here...
I modified the theme a bit... If you want the index.template.php and style.css let me know

:(  You know, I'm beginning to think it's me somehow since with both portal sides open it makes the screen scroll to the side for me at your site too...  I'd like to have the modified files anyway though..  This is too nice a skin not to try to make work.

[email protected]

The theme was not intended for use on my site, or any sites with portals for that matter. I will change the index.template.php file so that it will appear inside the portal properly and attach it to my first post also.

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: giba_choo on April 17, 2005, 07:56:31 AM
I wonder if anyone will actually use it ???
I don't expect them to.

I will. Great theme! It's perfect for the sig battles I hold.

nwowatcher

I am trying to add my boards banner in this cool looking theme, my members love this and a good few are using it  :) But i have no clue how to add my banner to it..I have looked about the forum but did not find an answer..I managed to change my default banner but for the themes i find it so hard..I am new and learning so sadly i have a long way to go..

Any help would greatly appreciated.. :)

Great job.. :)

PopLife

Right click the header, click "save image as" it should come up with Logo_banner.gif. Save the file, then edit it to your liking. Now all you have to do is overwrite the old header. I could help making one if you needed help

nwowatcher

Not sure what you mean dude, what i meant was i want to place the banner i use for my forum in the the theme starynight..Right now i have placed the banner i use in my default theme and that worked real well but as for the starynight theme.

This is my banner that i want placed in the themes i use..Ofcourse my banner is much bigger, so i need to find out how i can do this..

Elijah Bliss

It's missing a "calendar" button.

NightHobbit

I'm using it at my forum, I'd love it in white thoguh to blend in with my site design.

I changed the logo at the top to fit my site though if you don't mind?

But I've been looking for something like this and well done

hxxp:www.midwintertears.com [nonactive]

PopLife

You have the old version installed. Please go back to the first post and download the theme again. If you don't, guests will see the register and login buttons as the default buttons.

Advertisement: