News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Lucien]

Really great mod!!

I only would like to know if the "i like this" button can be placed under the post instead above :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

[Lucien]

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 03, 2011, 08:51:20 AM
Lucien, check this:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=334955.msg2910955#msg2910955

Thank you very much for the link, it works like a charm :D
You saved me from searching the most pages on this thread :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Exterminator2006

Tengo problemas.

1. No me deja escribir para ser posteado en facebook. sale pero incompleto

2. Las tildes y la ñ salen mal   Ejemplo  (25 años y es 25 años)  en mi portal sale bien es cuando queda publicado en facebook

Gracias desde ya

Suki

Exterminator2006   try using English in this topic please or use your language's local support board.

1.-  theres a setting in the mods settings to allow you to specify the height of the button, put a hight number, for example 150px

2.- your not using utf8 facebook uses utf8 so when facebook reach your site it will not see the actual ñ, it will see the html entity,    try using  utf8 in both your languages anf your database.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

InfoStrides

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 02, 2011, 12:24:27 PM
we are currently making a FAQ for this mod,  with several questions and tips, we will publish it here once it gets done ;)

Nice!

chedie

*sigh * It's me again.

I'm not really sure how to fix this. I just checked on modules installed in our forum and it seems no module is prohibiting bots to access the forum. *sigh*

I'm wondering though, under Forum Maintenance, do you think 'Convert the database and data to UTF-8' could help in this situation?

Suki

in all honesty I don't know what your problem is,   does it happen with other facebook mods?

to have utf8 does not really help you here, sorry.

do you have a robots.txt in your root folder?

Exochat

Can any knowledgeable soul please tell me how to go about moving the lower social_icons so they are next to and in line with the Report To Moderator/IP Address line? I think it would look more flush and less cluttered in the message body if they were dropped to that bottom line.

I have followed some earlier advice on this thread but I cannot seem to get it work, [with the tip suggested way back on July 3 2009 causing template errors when I tried it]. 

I am using SMF 2.0 RC4

Many thanks in advance and a wonderful component. :)

Exochat

Quote from: chedie on February 05, 2011, 05:36:36 AM
*sigh * It's me again.

I'm not really sure how to fix this. I just checked on modules installed in our forum and it seems no module is prohibiting bots to access the forum. *sigh*

I'm wondering though, under Forum Maintenance, do you think 'Convert the database and data to UTF-8' could help in this situation?
Try turning off your shoutbox, maybe uninstalling it temporarily and then seeing if it works? I think that Facebook is trying to grab the primary text and its trying to get it from an application or script that is failing rather than the title heading of your post.
That will be why the URL is correct and working but the text that is going with it is not.

I dont feel that Facebook is telling you there is an error...... I think it is just taking that phrase from something on your site that is causing an error when it views it, and I can see from visiting as a guest that the shoutbox is telling guests that you have to register to use it. It could be telling Facebook that there is an error in it trying to view something it is not allowed to view, and its pasting that error message it reads instead of the message title your wanting.

If its not the shoutbox, then it will be something else you have on your site that is prohibited, most probably to guests, that is causing an error when someone, or in this case Facebook tries to view it. If no luck turning off the shoutbox and trying again, then consider removing other scripts or Mods that may be causing an error page towards guests, one by one until you hopefully find which one causes it.

Suki

Exochat   attach your theme's  Display.template.php

Exochat

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 06, 2011, 07:41:54 PM
Exochat   attach your theme's  Display.template.php

It uses the default theme template, it doesnt have one of its own. 

I have attached it below. :)

swiftman

Hi
This is very nice mod, thank you
Anyway, after installed I found font color is same as SMF background (black) - difficult to read
How can I change mod font color? Please teach me – thanks in advance

this is my site (sorry in Thai)
hxxp:www.suzukiswiftclub.com/index.php?topic=4936.0 [nonactive]

mirahalo

exochat, theres a reason for the icons to be in that position and that is to avoid template edits, this benefits both the users and the mod author.

if you want to move the icons to the report to moderator div then in your display.template.php find:

<div class="smalltext reportlinks">';

// Maybe they want to report this post to the moderator(s)?

and replace with

<div class="smalltext reportlinks">',$mirahalo,'';

// Maybe they want to report this post to the moderator(s)?

and then go to your Sources/Display.php

find:

if (!empty($modSettings['share_all_messages']) &&  !in_array($board_info['id'], $share_denied_boards))
$message['body'] = ($suki.$message['body'].$mirahalo);

if (empty($modSettings['share_all_messages']) && $counter == 0 &&  !in_array($board_info['id'], $share_denied_boards))
$message['body'] = ($suki.$message['body'].$mirahalo);

replace with:

if (!empty($modSettings['share_all_messages']) &&  !in_array($board_info['id'], $share_denied_boards))
$message['body'] = ($suki.$message['body']);

if (empty($modSettings['share_all_messages']) && $counter == 0 &&  !in_array($board_info['id'], $share_denied_boards))
$message['body'] = ($suki.$message['body']);

you will need to make changes to the icons css to fit with the report to moderator line

mirahalo

swiftman

in your /Sources/ShareThis.php file find:

colorscheme=light

and replace with:

colorscheme=dark

please note that is up to facebook to recognise the colors,  lately facebook is ignoring all the parameters for the iframe version of the like button, that include the color.

swiftman

Quote from: Mr. 0 on February 08, 2011, 10:30:22 AM
swiftman

colorscheme=light

and replace with:

colorscheme=dark

please note that is up to facebook to recognise the colors,  lately facebook is ignoring all the parameters for the iframe version of the like button, that include the color.

Many thanks, I will try it  :) :)

swiftman

Quote from: swiftman on February 08, 2011, 10:33:24 AM
Quote from: Mr. 0 on February 08, 2011, 10:30:22 AM
swiftman

colorscheme=light

and replace with:

colorscheme=dark

Many thanks, I will try it  :) :)

Uhhh..  Nothing change
Its may forced by facebook to recognize the colors as you said
Anyway, thank you so much.

HunterP

Quote from: 4kstore on November 27, 2010, 05:43:17 PM
But when someone goes to a post will automatically generate 3 innings in the error log

Undefined index: share_icons_enable
Archivo: /htdocs/Sources/ShareThis.php
Línea: 118
Undefined index: share_buzzbutton_enable
Línea: 57
Undefined index: share_diggbutton_enable
Línea: 56

within 3 days about gender and a half million records in the error log.

As I said, we thought it was the language files but they are all correctly edited.

I'm getting exactly the same errors. SMF 1.1.12, the language file is renamed correctly.
I had to install this MOD, this isn't working for me...

Suki

HunterP
are you usnig the latest version?

attach your Sources/ShareThis.php

does the mod does not work at all?

HunterP

Hi,

Yes the latest version; 2.7

The mod does work, but I'd like to keep my errorlog free of unneccessary errors. Normally, I'm able to fix this kind of errors, but not for thismod :(

Advertisement: