News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Add Links to Wap2

Started by jameswx09, September 18, 2009, 03:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jameswx09

I was wondering how you could add some links to the Wap2 part, instead of displaying only Log In on Additional options could you add a link to the register page too?

Balaban

hi jameswx09 :) nice idea .

find in wireless.template.php
echo '
<p class="windowbg"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=login;wap2">', $txt['wireless_options_login'], '</a></p>';

and replace this

echo '
<p class="windowbg"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=login;wap2">', $txt['wireless_options_login'], '</a></p>
<p class="windowbg"><a href="', $scripturl . '?action=register;wap2">', $txt['register'], '</a></p>';

thank u again for idea :)

jameswx09

Did that now Fire Fox says content encoding error. My question is why wasn't the register link already included?

Arantor

The reason it isn't included by default is because it is a large page of text that isn't WAP friendly especially by default it has an image and Javascript.

As for the error please can I have a link to the exact page that is giving you the error?

jameswx09

Well I really don't even understand Wap. I sent you the link though. I was going to use the Wap version of the forum on my site to just make a forums.html and put an Iframe or just include it with Php, but the template I made for my site is crap and it keeps making some of the layout disappear so I don't know what to do.

Arantor

The WAP version is designed for mobile use only; many browsers do not really understand it properly and so attempting to style it probably isn't a good idea for the most part.

I did see the link, as I replied it was not working for me at all (the entire site seemed unavailable)

Why would you embed the forum into an iframe? Why not just browse to it normally?

Advertisement: