General Questions

Started by HakuAnime, September 22, 2009, 09:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HakuAnime

Hello,

I installed SMF 2.0 RC1.2 yesterday and have some questions about it's posibilities.

1. Is it possible to create multiple admin groups? If so, can I assign adminstrative permissions to each of those groups?

2. Aside from color, is there any way I can further modify the text style of a group's users in the online list?

3. Can I add additional permission sets?

4. Can I easily replace the "Mark Read", "Notify", "New Topic", and "Post New Poll" text links with image links?

5. Can I easily remove that IP logging notification shown at the bottom right hand corner of posts for non-admin/mod groups?

Kind Regards,

Haku

Arantor

1. Sure. Just take care: the ability to add/remove people from member groups doesn't protect people being moved in and out of group 1 (the primary admin group). What I would do is make the custom group for those users and attach admin as a secondary group (since only admins can grant admin to other users)

2. Adjusting the text style, not directly. You can modify it manually in the code.

3. Sure, you can create new groups. If you mean whole new permissions for things, that's a code change.

4. Reasonably easily, depends on your theme.

5. Yes, should be covered in a tip in the Tips & Tricks board, will be in your theme's Display.template.php file.

Advertisement: