Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration Version 1.2 - RC2!

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, October 15, 2009, 05:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well, this is not primarily used for displaying ads, although it can be used for that, it will be very similar to using a portal or ad management to display an ad.

Adsense does not have any problems when ads are displayed on a portal or ad management.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

PalmBeachPreps

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Two, well if you count the one used in SMF yes.

The search box for Google is used to make money with the ads that are displayed with search results, this mod will make the whole Google "Adsense for search" integration easy for you

SMF 2.0 RC5

PalmBeachPreps

OK, I see.

I may as well attempt to put it into the template(yeah right) because I wouldn't want the default SMF search box anymore.

Seems like a nice mod though.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You don't have to use the search box part, you can put the search box anywhere you like using a portal or ad management mod. I have made the mod so you can have the option to display the google search box or not, of course if you choose not to use the options to add the Google Search box, it will not be there, Its been designed like this so you can use a portal to display your search box code anywhere you like since the results code is already in index.template.php it will always show the results wherever you decide to put your search box.

Maybe I will make a mod to remove the smf search box  ::)

SMF 2.0 RC5

old goat

I found the standard "Google Custom Search" text too small and so I changed the wording and the text size.

For members who don't know coding, open the Configurations > Miscellaneous > Modifications where you placed your original code ( or other location where you put the code) and then...

To change the text size find <div class="cse-branding-text"> and add <font size=3> so that code now reads <div class="cse-branding-text"><font size=3> Note: you can use another number beside 3 for font size, but 3 is pretty large for most people.

To change the text, just replace whatever text there is following <font size=3> with any message you wish. 

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: old goat on October 24, 2009, 12:36:09 AM
I found the standard "Google Custom Search" text too small and so I changed the wording and the text size.

For members who don't know coding, open the Configurations > Miscellaneous > Modifications where you placed your original code ( or other location where you put the code) and then...

To change the text size find <div class="cse-branding-text"> and add <font size=3> so that code now reads <div class="cse-branding-text"><font size=3> Note: you can use another number beside 3 for font size, but 3 is pretty large for most people.

To change the text, just replace whatever text there is following <font size=3> with any message you wish. 

I can probably add options like that into the configuration area, maybe in next version :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

LOVELORD

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: LOVELORD on October 26, 2009, 09:30:07 PM
Any 1.1.19 version?

I may add support for SMF 1.x.x.x later, its not a priority at the moment though.

SMF 2.0 RC5

LOVELORD

Only parts witch must change is this: ./Sources/ManageSettings.php

Find:
// Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!

Add after:
            //Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration - johncccccc
            array('large_text', 'Google_SearchBox'),
            array('int', 'Google_Results_Width'),

any idea where to add this code? ModSettings? I will try to make this mod for 1.1.10. This is oinly part witch is critical.

Regrets.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: LOVELORD on October 27, 2009, 10:19:00 AM
Only parts witch must change is this: ./Sources/ManageSettings.php

Find:
// Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!

Add after:
            //Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration - johncccccc
            array('large_text', 'Google_SearchBox'),
            array('int', 'Google_Results_Width'),

any idea where to add this code? ModSettings? I will try to make this mod for 1.1.10. This is oinly part witch is critical.

Regrets.

This mod will be ported to 1.x.x.x when ready to be ported.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Afro

kappazuhk

Quote from: BoZilla on October 15, 2009, 11:42:11 PM
I installed this and it centered everything on my forum! :o
(Uninstalled for now) ;)

Same problem, but only in IE8, I installed it from the pack and made no change to the code, did not add any thing to it. Firefox is ok, it is only with IE8. Every thing is now centered.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: kappazuhk on October 31, 2009, 12:59:30 PM
Quote from: BoZilla on October 15, 2009, 11:42:11 PM
I installed this and it centered everything on my forum! :o
(Uninstalled for now) ;)

Same problem, but only in IE8, I installed it from the pack and made no change to the code, did not add any thing to it. Firefox is ok, it is only with IE8. Every thing is now centered.

Once again, as stated in above post, you probably did not close the center tag.
example:
<center>
SOME CODE HERE
</center>

SMF 2.0 RC5

kappazuhk

Did not add center tag as "I" said before. Even with nothing in the code box, only install mod IE8 centers. Tried enter the code, added center tag and close, does not make any difference.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: kappazuhk on October 31, 2009, 02:54:23 PM
Did not add center tag as "I" said before. Even with nothing in the code box, only install mod IE8 centers. Tried enter the code, added center tag and close, does not make any difference.

I just re added IE to my system, and yes, everything does center when using IE, damn IE...

Firefox is fine, I will find out and once again, add a handicap for that stupid browser.

I assumed that it was the missing close tag since another member had forgot it too, and IE I don't use for testing lol.

SMF 2.0 RC5

kappazuhk

Thank you! Please let us know when you figure it out, I hate IE and only use Firefox myself, So I didnt see this until now by accident. I would not care but so many people us IE and It make the forum look terrible. Hope you can fix this because this is one of the best mods out for Adsens!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I have fixed it

I will add it as 1.2 on the mod site.

New Update.

Fixed "Everything Centered" on IE browsers.
Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration Version 1.2

Be sure to Uninstall your previous version 1st.

SMF 2.0 RC5

kappazuhk

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: