News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Buddy Page

Started by live627, October 15, 2009, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Are buddy lists enabled on your site?

Afro

yes,

cpan >>features n options >> Enable buddy lists. checked

Arantor

Weird, very weird. Please can you attach your Load.php file here?

For reasons unknown, the list of buddies is not being loaded properly during Load.php, which is causing this error.

Afro

Afro

maybe this could help.

I uninstalled it and installed the other buddy list mod.

It shows the same error but this tile it added something like

expecting (buddy_list).

i checked on the database but no table like buddy_list there.

Arantor

Interesting, very interesting. Something is askew inside SMF then...

Both mods draw on the same place; it's not a table but a column in it.

If you check smf_settings, you'll find a long list of entries across the two columns in it, one of which should be 'enable_buddylist' on the left - is that listed and what does it say?

Afro

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2009, 02:57:47 PM
Interesting, very interesting. Something is askew inside SMF then...

Both mods draw on the same place; it's not a table but a column in it.

If you check smf_settings, you'll find a long list of entries across the two columns in it, one of which should be 'enable_buddylist' on the left - is that listed and what does it say?

it is listed there .    enable_buddylist     1 .  i opened  it and the value is one

Arantor

OK... now in the smf_members table, find your own row (by your user id, typically 1) and see the value for the buddy_list column. What does that contain? (Please feel free to PM me that if you're not willing to post it publicly, given that it would be able to identify everyone on your buddy list if they were to sign up on your forum)

Afro

I saw something like this there

''''4,9,11,137,22,2978,3,119,6,134,4225,4223,5537,...

Arantor

Afro

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2009, 04:10:41 PM
In quotes?

i dont get what you mean here please.

meanwhile i see i have only 4 people on my buddy list according to my profile.
yet i see many member id numbers here on the database

Arantor

Well, you've put "" at the start. Did it have that in the field, or was it just a list of numbers with commas?

Afro

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2009, 04:20:26 PM
Well, you've put "" at the start. Did it have that in the field, or was it just a list of numbers with commas?

oh yes. i just copied and pasted it the way it is there

Arantor

That shouldn't be there.

Do other users have "" too? (I don't want the numbers, just want to know if "" is there too)

Afro

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2009, 04:23:50 PM
That shouldn't be there.
Do other users have "" too? (I don't want the numbers, just want to know if "" is there too)

hmm, others dont have the quotes, i was gonna tell you that now because i just looked closely.
i will remove the quotes and see what i will get

Afro

Ok, the buddy page is showing up now.
Thanks a lot.

Arantor

Good to know, though I'm also curious where the "" came from. Let me know if it happens again.

Afro

Here is the scenario at the moment. I use Ultimate profile which i think has its own buddy structure.
The people i see on my buddy page are different from the people i added on my buddy list after installing ultimate profile.

what can i do about that ?

Arantor

I don't know anything about Ultimate Profile, but if it does use something different I guess Buddy Page would have to be rewritten.

SoLoGHoST

Great Mod Arantor!!

Sorry, I never actually used the Ultimate Profile mod before, so can't help ya with that one Afro :(

Advertisement: