News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

I have 2 requests
1- Please, please move the X Close button on the top of all the notifications
2- Please add sound feature to it also. So we can upload and use a sound for each notification.

Thank you.

pevanis

Hi,
I instaled ENotify2.0.2.zip and forum crashed :-( can I download somewhere ENotify2.0.1.zip which is working ?? i'll try to install again old version

Thanks

vbgamer45

There should almost be no difference between versions. What was the error?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

pevanis

In install mode it says that's everything ok.
After instal when i click on modifications settins i have white screen with that error.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ENotify() (previously declared in /home/***/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2070) in /home/bdsmhrva/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2306

I have done one mistakes :-) before istal 2.2 i didn't deinstall 2.1 and that wass error notificaton like' don't istall there is something wrong'

Shambles

Well the "do not uninstall" warning was there for a reason - it was telling you that the uninstall action would not be complete if you continued. Well, by continuing you left some v2.1 code in there which is now causing the conflict that you can see.

See if the v2.2 will uninstall. If it will, you'll then need to manually remove the superfluous v2.1 code (to complete the uninstallation of that version). Only then should you proceed to attempt to install v2.2

pevanis

Quote from: ®Shambles on December 22, 2012, 09:56:50 AM

See if the v2.2 will uninstall. If it will, you'll then need to manually remove the superfluous v2.1 code (to complete the uninstallation of that version). Only then should you proceed to attempt to install v2.2

Thank You, very kind of You  :)
Is there some Way to locate files for manually deleting ?

akbora

Notify seems bad character. Not turkish utf8 sample: açıldı=a??ld?
How can I correct it?

Edit: Previous version wasn't like that turkish utf8 characters were correct.
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

PLAYBOY

can somebody please tell me how to move the X closer button from the bottom to the top of the notifications?

When you have tens of notifications, is pain to close each of them individually until you can actually see the close button on the bottom

WantSome

Hi vbgamer45...

I really like this mod, but it is throwing out these two errors (version 2.0.3):

Type of error: General
http://www.wantsome.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=enotify
2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
File: /forum/Sources/Security.php
Line: 831

Type of error: Undefined
http://www.wantsome.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=enotify
8: Undefined index: permissions
File: /public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php
Line: 831

This is the code in security.php at line 830 - 832 (the middle line being the issue although I don't know what's wrong with it):

// Check if they can do it.
if (!is_array($permission) && in_array($permission, $user_info['permissions']))
return true;

I have no idea why it's only showing the error for guests - they shouldn't be able to see much of anything on my forum, and they can't post/pm so they shouldn't be getting notifications.  When I click on the link that says 'action=enotify' I get a white screen with the following text:

Quote({ "title": "Notification Feed", "generator": "ENotify Modification for Simple Machines Forum", "items": [ ] })

Generally the forum & this mod are working, so it's not terribly urgent, I'd appreciate help when you have time.

Even less urgent (but really helpful) is if you were to help me move the main X button to the top of the notifications.   I think a couple of other people also wanted this (from reading through this thread). 

And, if it's possible, I'd like to allow individual users to turn off the notifications (possibly through their profile settings?).  Some people use small screens and the notifications bother them.

Even with all the above, I really like this modification.  Thanks for all the hard work!

WS

Skaty

i finaly got it work enotify but now is getting me error when i try to login or register with facebook.

({ "title": "Bildirim Beslemesi", "generator": "Simple Machines Forum İçin ENotify Modu", "items": [ ] })

any idea for this ?

DAVID. D.A

when registering with sa facebook, error comes up

({ "title": "Notification Feed", "generator": "ENotify Modification for Simple Machines Forum", "items": [ ] })

Abavagada

Quote from: DAVID. D.A on February 02, 2013, 08:01:39 AM
when registering with sa facebook, error comes up

({ "title": "Notification Feed", "generator": "ENotify Modification for Simple Machines Forum", "items": [ ] })

I am getting this as well after I installed OneAll to log in using Facebook and tried to remove the enotify redirect on login.

vbgamer45

Known issue a bug with enotify haven't had time to track it down though.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DAVID. D.A

PLAYBOY

3 things;
1- I wish people could be able to limit how many notifications they will get at once.
2- I wish close X button was on the top. <<< I have been complaining about that forever.
3- I wish we could adjust the size of the notification popups. Because in some cell phones, notifications cover the entire page and you have to close each and every one of them to see your forum.

perfec2

Is there a way one can make the notification steady until one clicks cancel. As I notice that refreshing or going to one of notified pages clears all the notifications.

I also notice that when notification comes it display in one windows not all. For example if you open multiple  sections or posts of the forum, the notification only appears in one of the windows instead of all. Is there a way out of this.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: PLAYBOY on February 11, 2013, 03:04:00 AM
3 things;
1- I wish people could be able to limit how many notifications they will get at once.
2- I wish close X button was on the top. <<< I have been complaining about that forever.
3- I wish we could adjust the size of the notification popups. Because in some cell phones, notifications cover the entire page and you have to close each and every one of them to see your forum.

You could try to get someone to do it for a little cash, i.e. a treelancer.

thisizaremix

What I can't understand is why can't a mod just use the built in function that emails a member when a reply is posted.
Have that same function also post something to the screen while it sends the email, instead of having this mod hammer the server all the time.

Can this be done?

Arantor

Because that's fundamentally not how any of this stuff works?

Advertisement: