News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF2RC2.0] How to add a border image around the avatar?

Started by 7s-1k, November 23, 2009, 07:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7s-1k

Hello All,

I was wondering how I could add a border image around the avatar in topic..

And What to do if i have severall border images.. (Just look at the example I putted with)

Like as it should be: click

Thanks in advance,

7s
One Day, Two Many

7s-1k

One Day, Two Many

Beagleboys

i think you can do the same trough css
thats how the page you linked do it:
div.lg_forum_profil_1 { width:125px; height:125px; background:url(../gfx/profil_lewy_forum_1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; float:left; clear:both; }
div.lg_forum_login_1 { background-image:url(../gfx/c_left_profile_1_bg.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:Arial; font-size:11px; color:#FFF; font-style:normal; width:106px; padding:1px 0px 1px 7px; }
div.lg_forum_profil_2 { width:125px; height:125px; background:url(../gfx/profil_lewy_forum_2.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; float:left; clear:both; }
div.lg_forum_login_2 { background-image:url(../gfx/c_left_profile_2_bg.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:Arial; font-size:11px; color:#FFF; font-style:normal; width:106px; padding:1px 0px 1px 7px; }
div.lg_forum_profil_3 { width:125px; height:125px; background:url(../gfx/profil_lewy_forum_3.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; float:left; clear:both; }
div.lg_forum_login_3 { background-image:url(../gfx/c_left_profile_3_bg.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:Arial; font-size:11px; color:#FFF; font-style:normal; width:106px; padding:1px 0px 1px 7px; }
div.lg_forum_profil_4 { width:125px; height:125px; background:url(../gfx/profil_lewy_forum_4.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; float:left; clear:both; }
div.lg_forum_login_4 { background-image:url(../gfx/c_left_profile_4_bg.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:Arial; font-size:11px; color:#FFF; font-style:normal; width:106px; padding:1px 0px 1px 7px; }

7s-1k

Thanks for replying!

Should I add those lines in index.css? And After what should I add it?
One Day, Two Many

Beagleboys

no should create these line, adapt it to your forum and your site to do what you want. You should also create some image for that.
The idea is to add a background to the images that i bigger than the actual image so it looks like a frame. You should know how to write in CSS. You can use a program that can help you with coding... but you should have some basis. I'm sorry but i can't help you more than that...

ps. i use, on my mac, CSS Edit that is a really powerful and simple CSS editor. i don't know of there is a PC version. http://www.macrabbit.com/cssedit/

7s-1k

Thanks but I guess this ain't a solution.

I don't know anything about Editting and CSS that's why I need some support.. Someone who can tell me the exact details.

Anywayz thanks :)
One Day, Two Many

Beagleboys

sorry i can't help you more... but, if you are on a mac give to CSS Edit a try. It's really for Dummies! It's the nearest thing you can get to a visual editor.

7s-1k

Quote from: Beagleboys on November 25, 2009, 03:16:16 PM
sorry i can't help you more... but, if you are on a mac give to CSS Edit a try. It's really for Dummies! It's the nearest thing you can get to a visual editor.

I am on Vista :)
One Day, Two Many

Kill Em All

Looking at that code, it should work. I haven't tried it though.

Take a look at this link though:
http://www.quackit.com/html/codes/html_image_borders.cfm

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: