News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Free Mambo templates that could be used with SMF

Started by Psiloman, May 10, 2005, 11:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psiloman

http://www.freemambo.com

In this website you can find many mambo templates as well as a Demo site that lets you "wear" each template and see it in action.This could be a very good addition to one looking Mambo templates to go with their SMF intergation...Also some templates from there can be used for development of new SMF skins...

Kindred

lol... I had a test site up, with 212 mambo templates (every free template I could find)

Nothing else was installed (in terms of mods or components)
but the site caused MAJOR server issues...  lol   It tried to log in once for every template each time I switched pages.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Psiloman

Wow Kindred! Talking about chewing system resources! I bet your CPU load plus bandwidth would reach unearthly values! That could cause huge problems if you didnt own the server!

Anyway,212 templates is something that makes my saliva flow!

chadness

Ever seen this trick?
Go to the index.php file of your Mambo installation, and find this line:
$cur_template = $mainframe->getTemplate();
Replace that line with these lines:
if (@$_GET['pagetemplate'] == ""){
} else {
   $cur_template = $_GET['pagetemplate'];
}

Then, if you add ?pagetemplate=templatename to your URL it will load the templatename template.  For instance, if you go to http://aim.aiiresources.com/index.php?pagetemplate=rhuk_solarflare it loads the site with the solarflare template.

Psiloman

Ha! Thats nice! A real hand-untangler when you want to test which tamplate looks best with your forum! Thanks!

I guess thats the trick that people utilize to make a demosite to exhibit different templates at will.

chadness

Yeah, I used it when I was choosing what template to start with.  I loaded about a dozen, then just browsed through them using that trick.

Kindred

hmmm.... I also have a template switcher module for mambo. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadness

That's another easy way to do it - I just used the other way so that I could quickly use the forward and back buttons to compare sites.

[Unknown]

Quote from: chadness on May 11, 2005, 01:44:35 PM
Ever seen this trick?
Go to the index.php file of your Mambo installation, and find this line:
Replace that line with these lines:
} else {
   $cur_template = $_GET['pagetemplate'];
}

Then, if you add ?pagetemplate=templatename to your URL it will load the templatename template.  For instance, if you go to http://aim.aiiresources.com/index.php?pagetemplate=rhuk_solarflare it loads the site with the solarflare template.

Are you sure you don't want to validate that first?  I'm afraid I just see:

} else {
   POTENTIAL SECURITY HOLE!?
}

When I see that code.

-[Unknown]

chadness

I just pulled that off of Mambo's forums.  I'm not good enough with security issues to know what the potential problem is (aside from someone being able to change the template).

So, I would say, if you're going to use that trick, only do so during development.

Advertisement: