Conversion worked well.. but some small errors...

Started by roomeat, December 10, 2009, 03:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Quote from: roomeat on December 27, 2009, 06:16:30 PM
3. Last edit being shown on EVERY post.. but it's being displayed as ""Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 10:00:00 AM by membername"" (even for enything that has actually been edited.. it shows this date)

Could you please make a screenshot, or something, with the data in the phpbb's users table, that you said it must be spiders? Only the spiders data, not your other users.
Or, perhaps you could consider to try exporting the users in an sql file, then open the file and remove your normal users, leaving only spider(s)?
Or, if you know the ID of a spider record, then, in the Export tab, in phpmyadmin, you can choose exactly to export only "from 110 to 111", for example. Where 110 is the ID of a record that belongs to a spider.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

roomeat

We were not given dreams, without also being given the power to achieve them.

roomeat

Hmmm.. I can do a search that narrows the list to what I (or you) need:

SELECT *
FROM `phpbb_users`
WHERE `user_email` = ""

but I can't figure out how to export just that part.

roomeat

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

roomeat

Norv

No, sorry about that.
Not the best days unfortunately.

roomeat

no problems.. have a great new years.. talk in 2010 :D :D

roomeat

Are you still recovering from holidays Norv? :-p

roomeat

Quote from: roomeat on December 27, 2009, 06:16:30 PM
My Apology.. it was actually the theme I am testing on one of the conversions. It wasn't displaying the page number to be able to see the other posts.  :-[

So really.. only the following issues need to be sorted for me to be able to convert my live site:

1. Slashes still being shown in forum titles and descriptions
2. Slashes still being shown in member signatures
3. Last edit being shown on EVERY post.. but it's being displayed as ""Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 10:00:00 AM by membername"" (even for enything that has not actually been edited.. it shows this date)

They are probably the bigest things I can think of at the moment that are issues with converter.
Below is a couple of other issues.. probably only problems with my forum due to phpbb mods that I have been using.
1. I need to get rid of bbcode that is currently wrapping around urls to videos. (example given earlier in this thread)
2. Need to get rid of bbcode from signatures. I currently have a [img2] bbcode that restricts the size of images.. but I dont need that in SMF.

Just noticed that it hasn't converted member Birth Dates over either Norv.

roomeat

Any news Norv?
Got my new theme sorted .. so really keen to do the live conversion now.. after one more test to sort these last bugs lol.

roomeat

Bump...
Is anyone else able to help me out with the above issues??
Really really keen to convert my live site over and give it a much needed facelift :)

roomeat

????
Has SMF crumbled that much that no one can help anymore?? :(

roomeat

Is 7 days long enough to bump this up again?? lol

Norv

I'm really sorry, roomeat, I took a break some time ago and it seems this break still cannot end, I'm far too busy with work and other projects... I will be back on it if no one else does meanwhile, unfortunately, I can't say for sure when.

roomeat

Thats cool Norv.. hopefully you get some time.. or someone else here is willing to try and help???

Advertisement: