Modifications.english.php

Started by ~DS~, January 09, 2010, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Now every time I tried to install something...my forum goes down with a error relating Modifications.english.php and cache folder. I had to uninstall them manually. Look like all my installations is put on hold figure I figure it out.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

JBlaze

Sounds like your forum isn't clearing the cache after your mods are installed.

Make sure ./cache is CHMOD to 777 or 755 (How do I use chmod?)

Then you can also try to clear the cache manually (Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine -> Clear file cache)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

~DS~

It's on 755, but will try 777, however I looked inside the cache folder where all the cache phps are...are on 644. Is this correct?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

~DS~

It's really frusting. I can't install them mods because it came out with a template parser everytime I install a mod. All are pointing to  Modifications.english.php and lang_index+Modifications_english_default.php. I did clear out the cache folder and had to uninstall them manually by removing mod lines everytime it crashes. Some thing is not right in the Modifications.english.php. Any help appreciated.

Antechinus

Attach the file here so someone can take a look at it.

~DS~

Quote from: Antechinus on January 10, 2010, 08:31:33 PM
Attach the file here so someone can take a look at it.
I'm afraid to install anything after that. Only if there is a feature to revert and uninstall after the any errors which would save many SMF user. Hope it's a feature in the future version.

Antechinus

I can't see anything wrong with that Modifications.english.php but I don't understand what the other file is supposed to be.

Have you got a copy of Modifications.english.php after you have tried to install another mod and it generates the error?

ETA: knowing the exact error message might help too.

~DS~

Ok, I will try the new upgraded Aeva. Using the LightModern Theme. After installing Aeva or any other mods I get this. First error:
Template Parse Error!

There was a problem loading the /cache/lang_index+Modifications_english_lightmodern.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

Ok, then I deleted the cache files in the folder.

Second error I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/owner/public_html/mysite.com/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php on line 642

Third I goes to where this error lead and remove all lines related to the mod. So the site is back to normal again.
The attached files are before and after.

SA™

$txt['show_iphone_in_menu'] = "Show iphone in menu:"

should be

$txt['show_iphone_in_menu'] = 'Show iphone in menu:';
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

~DS~

Quote from: Sleepy Arcade on January 11, 2010, 02:44:49 AM
$txt['show_iphone_in_menu'] = "Show iphone in menu:"

should be

$txt['show_iphone_in_menu'] = 'Show iphone in menu:';
Edited...clear the cache...Wow, that fixed it. Kudos to you. Will send the author about this.

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Advertisement: