News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF forum posts to Twitter / Facebook (without mods/coding!)

Started by Mr. Jinx, January 15, 2010, 10:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fckool

Twitter no longer allows third parties such as Twitterfeed to use your username and password. To log in, please click Authenticate button above to authenticate your account

:-[ :-[ :'(

Chen Zhen

Excellent tip Mr. Jinx!!  8)

This works great for twitter and facebook.

Thank you kindly!  :)  :)

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Dharshan

R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

sandmannd

I would love to use this but I can't find my rss feed anywhere. Do I have to install something first??

Dharshan

Quote from: sandmannd on September 20, 2010, 08:58:48 PM
I would love to use this but I can't find my rss feed anywhere. Do I have to install something first??

nope, just read the tutorial, it explains how to add the RSS... (read carefully)  8)

sandmannd

I get "Feedurl We couldn't parse this feed, please check URL and/or feed content are valid" and I'm trying to use the URL http://www.uppermidwestoutdoors.com/forum/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml

chrishicks

I'm not sure if I missed it in the topic or what but is there a way to stop it from grabbing replies to topics?

Example: I have it posting subject title only. Say that title is "check out this video". If I get 10 replies to the topic my Twitter page looks like:

Check out this video..(link)
Re: Check out this video..(link)
etc.

I've tried some random settings but I can't seem to stop it from grabbing the replies. Anyone else have/had this issue and what settings fixed it?

Dharshan

at  chrishicks,

did you enable the post details settings in twitter feed, advanced settings??

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: sandmannd on September 21, 2010, 03:19:45 PM
I get "Feedurl We couldn't parse this feed, please check URL and/or feed content are valid" and I'm trying to use the URL http://www.uppermidwestoutdoors.com/forum/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml
Just proceed. Mine have that too but it works just fine.

chrishicks

Quote from: Dharshan on September 22, 2010, 11:39:09 PM
at  chrishicks,

did you enable the post details settings in twitter feed, advanced settings??

Thanks for the reply. Mine is set up exactly like the image(advanced settings) in the very first post in this topic to the dime. Should I change a setting in there somewhere?

There is tips and tricks for SMF rss where you can pick only New Topic and not replies for rss. Do search for it.

smitch6

brill info thanks
i successfully connected to my twitter group
one slight problem which i seem to be having all the time is my FB group
i have a FB personal ac and have set a group up for the website
all these applications want to connect to my personal and not the group

has anyone any idea how to get around this please thanks
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

sandmannd

Dani88

I have the address so I http://www.adictosweb.net/foro/.xml.html;type=rss and then I take but I want to make him only the downloads forums that not all see on twitter as I? Greetings

Registrate en bitshare y empeza a ganar dinero compartiendo tus archivos, solo tenes que pinchar sobre la imagen

MI WEB:
==>> www.adictosweb.net <<==

sandmannd

This is working fine for me but is there a way to only post it on the first post of a topic? Also to limit which boards are the ones allowed to post to it?

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on January 15, 2010, 10:10:01 AM
Examples:

index.php?type=rss;action=.xml
This will publish all new topics and replies

index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;boards=10
This will publish all new topics from board 10 only

index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;boards=10,12,15
This will publish all new topics from board 10, 12 and 15 only

index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=members
This will publish all new members.
Using the Post Prefix and Suffix in the advanced section on Twitterfeed you can make messages like "Welcome on our forum, username !

More RSS Feed options
Yes. If you read the above in the OP properly you can find that sa=news is for new post only and you can follow More RSS Feed options too.

gisfreak

using 2by2host mod before, and uninstall it, and i want to add this functio again, but those mod are commercial right now  :o
thanx for this free tips   ;D
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

KensonPlays

Advertisement: