I want users to give more information when registering

Started by eric3, February 05, 2010, 01:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric3

How can I add fields to the reg form or require the profile to be filled out?

Thanks
Eric

Arantor

eric3

SMF 1.1.11 , the free version from go daddy.

For my particular application, I'd like them to have to fill out their name and address.

Thanks

Arantor

I think you should be able to do that by way of the Custom Profile Fields mod available from the mod site.

eric3

Ok, I'll take a look at that.  I ignored it at first since the profile is filled out after registration is approved and I want the info during registration to help me decide on approval.

Thanks
Eric

eric3

Custom Profile Mod was EXACTLY what I needed.

Thanks for the tip

curlin

Hello

Have tried unsuccessfully so far to add an email confirmation box on the registration page like there is for the password. Any know how for 2.0 rc2?

Thanks
Hoss Talk At Thoroughbred Junkie

Arantor

curlin: What *exactly* are you trying to do? Enter the email twice?

curlin

Hey There

I don't want the new member to make a mistake entering their email so i want a confirmation box (enter email twice) like there is for the password.

Arantor

Hmm, that's quite a bit of new code (not only to add the box, but also to add to the validation and also to actually check it behind the scenes)

Would be worth asking as a mod (because it's not a couple of lines)

curlin

Quote from: Arantor on February 08, 2010, 03:27:43 PM
Hmm, that's quite a bit of new code (not only to add the box, but also to add to the validation and also to actually check it behind the scenes)

Would be worth asking as a mod (because it's not a couple of lines)

I went into manage registrations and registration .php and duplicated what was there for the password confirm but it didn't work and actually created errors during the registration process  :o

Arantor

Yeah, because it's complex code in about 4 different files that needs to be changed. Just copying/pasting won't do it (and even if it did, it would be doing the same thing twice)

Really, you would be best advised to make a mod request because this is a BIG change.

curlin

There is some info here but it is from 2004  :o and i'm on 2.0 rc2. Ok, thanks for your help.

Advertisement: