News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kratty256

Quote from: Crissm on June 15, 2011, 05:11:14 PM

thanks in advance for your help (i also tried to join SA support forum, but i didn't receive the confirmation email, and i can't register again because the the forum blocks me.)

I activated you. :)

Did you have a previous version of this mod installed before installing the 2.0 version? I'm not sure if fbname is used any more or not.

ChrisSheppard

For the dissociation of users:

How necessary is this?  I just ask because it looks like when this happens, you end up having to re-login using your forum password and such; is this necessary due to the switchover to OAuth 2?

Kratty256

Quote from: ChrisSheppard on June 15, 2011, 07:06:09 PM
For the dissociation of users:

How necessary is this?  I just ask because it looks like when this happens, you end up having to re-login using your forum password and such; is this necessary due to the switchover to OAuth 2?

This is only necessary if you had a previous version of the mod installed. If you did, this MUST be done or you will encounter various errors when trying to associate your account with Facebook.

Crissm

Quote from: Andrew94© on June 15, 2011, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: Crissm on June 15, 2011, 05:11:14 PM

thanks in advance for your help (i also tried to join SA support forum, but i didn't receive the confirmation email, and i can't register again because the the forum blocks me.)

I activated you. :)

Did you have a previous version of this mod installed before installing the 2.0 version? I'm not sure if fbname is used any more or not.

No i didn't. This is my first installation of SA Facebook integration. 2_0_RC_REV21 is the file.
Btw, i'm trying a manual installation now, but i can't execute install.php (i receive blank page). I suppose that the problem of this could be on my hosting side (i'm on a VPS so i could do some setting change, but i don't know what..) , but i would like to know if there is a chance to make the db change needed via phpmyadmin...

tabletsdroid

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

Facts:
- I have Upgraded to the new 2.0 RC Rev21 version of the mod
- previous version 1.0 RC5 Rev292
- SMF Version RC5

Problem:
Everything is working with the upgrade apart from the facebook register/login 'connect with facebook' button which has now completely disappeared. I have disassociated all my previous facebook connect members in the hope that it may resolve this problem, but it hasnt.

please help, thanks

Are you Looking Forward To it?

Spoogs

Is your theme 2.0 compatible?
Does the button show on SMF's default theme (Curve)?

tabletsdroid

i am using the default theme 2.0 RC5 curve

Spoogs

Spoogs

That is not the SMF Default theme. Also note that the newest version requires SMF 2.0 and not the Rc version... there was a clear warning about that in the first post of this thread, on the mod page, and also the same warning appeared when you tried to install on RC5

tabletsdroid

I have changed the graphic main_block.png - all code is unchanged remains default.

Spoogs

Note that the newest version requires SMF 2.0 and not the RC versions... there was a clear warning about that in the first post of this thread, on the mod page, and also the same warning appeared when you tried to install on RC5

tabletsdroid

so it is time to uninstall this version and go back to the previous version 1.0 RC5 Rev292 - should this present any problems?

Spoogs

Ooops, i stand corrected support for RC5 was maintained :P

tabletsdroid

phew I was so close to uninstalling then! - yes well, its working for the most part. its just the 'connect with facebook' button that is missing at the top of the smf log in area. If you click register the fb connect button appears on the new register page.

Spoogs

I took a look at the source on your page and compared to mine, the coding seems a little different around the quick login box, not sure if that's what the problem is... anyhow best to hang around and SA will take a look I'm sure.

Nikhil P Naik

hi,

previously i had installed  SA_FBConnect_1.0_RC6_rev300 on my board ... it wasnt working properly.. whenever i used to click on the connect thru facebook button.. it wud take me to the index page of my forum... so  after i updated to SMF 2.0 gold i uninstalled it.. and installed SA_Facebook_Integration_2.0_RC_REV21 .. now there is problem.. whenever i try to create a topic or reply on a topic.. i dont get the submit button to post the topic.. instead i get a error: " Fatal error: Call to undefined function faceBook_USettings() in /home/freeforu/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2175) : eval()'d code on line 434 "  i am not getting any clue about this... even if i uninstall the mod.. same error appears... i want the mod to be installed properly..
plz help!!!

Spoogs

Disable template evaluation
Admin>> Configuration>> Server Settings....Disable evaluation of templates, check that box. Clear your error log.

Have you disassociated all users... see note in the mods admin settings.

SA™

@tabletsdroid

the part that shows the fb login button will only show on smf 2.0 the mod works with rc5 but some features just wont due to the chnges in themes since rc5

@funforum
uou havent fully uninstalled the previous version that function isnt used in 2.0
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Nikhil P Naik

SA : thanks for the reply ! i have uninstalled it completely because i cant see it in the installed mods..... what shud i do to uninstall the previous version completely now??

Advertisement: