News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

Quote from: !RFAN on July 10, 2011, 02:00:22 PM
Facebook connect is not working on my website. When someone clicks on Facebook Connect button gets this error message " An error occurred with AmigoZone. Please try again later."

http://www.amigozone.com

Thanks
A little more info than that is needed
Were there any errors on install?
Are the settings in the mod ACP correct (the AppID, API Key, Secret Key)?
What mods do you have installed?
Is your facebook app in sandbox mode?

twitter

Quote from: Spoogs on July 10, 2011, 02:31:25 PM
50 shouldn't be an issue as I have more than that... maybe this is something SA can look into but I'm still curious as to what other mods you have installed, it may help pinpoint an incompatibility.

Spoogs,

Thank You for this MOD. This MOD has features beyond expectation. I am just cross fingered that it works.

I have 2 vanilla systems with

1.    RSS Feed Poster    3.0.2a
2.    Pretty URLs    1.0RC5.2

as the only installed other mods and I am facing the same issue faced by bluejay.

The other issue that I faced was with the login with facebook connect. After allowing the application to login; it takes me to the registration page again.

Thanks for your help.

Spoogs

Quote from: twitter on July 10, 2011, 03:23:46 PM
as the only installed other mods and I am facing the same issue faced by bluejay.
SA will have to take a look at that, I'm really not sure what would be causing the issue, I can say however that I do not use any of those mods.

The other issue that I faced was with the login with facebook connect. After allowing the application to login; it takes me to the registration page again.
When the mod is first installed it doesn't know your facebook info and facebook does not know your forum info... you will notice when it brought you back to your registration page the info is a little different from what you would see on a normal SMF registration... click 'Already Registered' so you can sync your accounts... or you can login with your forum account and go to your profile and sync with your fb account there.

shorepower

I'm trying to understand how to install this mod. Being a newbie to SMF perhaps its a basic question but I'm stuck.

The mod do not exist under the package manager so I downloaded the files (rev24) (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2322) and uploaded thru FTP to the directory were the forum is placed. Executing install.php only results in a blank page.

Do I need to manually edit all the files as suggested or is there an easier way? Tried to search for a solution but can not find an instruction on how install this mod so I assume there is something basic I'm missing being a newbie with SMF

Thx for the support.

PS. The forum is running 2.0 gold vanilla. No other mods or themes are currently installed.
Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια -- www.finewines.se

Kindred

You must use the package manager to upload and install the mod....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dejv

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. I didnt find any screenshots. Can FB-connected-Users post in the forum just like normal users? They have a forum profile/id as well?

2. Would this mod work for a multidomain-multisite sharing the same user-database and forum-codebase? I assume I have to make an api for each domain.
Has anybody done that already for more a multisite?

Thanks a lot for reply
SMF 1.1.20

Spoogs

1. yes each user that registers via facebook will also have a forum account crested for them.
2. Dont know.

!RFAN

Quote from: Spoogs on July 10, 2011, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: !RFAN on July 10, 2011, 02:00:22 PM
Facebook connect is not working on my website. When someone clicks on Facebook Connect button gets this error message " An error occurred with AmigoZone. Please try again later."

http://www.amigozone.com

Thanks
A little more info than that is needed
Were there any errors on install?
Are the settings in the mod ACP correct (the AppID, API Key, Secret Key)?
What mods do you have installed?
Is your facebook app in sandbox mode?

sorry it was in sandbox mode.. never knew about it.. Thanks

Spoogs

Joker™

QuoteWarning: You must create an application on facebook to use this modification
For information on creating your application please read ==> here <==

You need to change the links of those texts to
http://www.sa-smf.com/community/index.php?topic=734

Also is that slow on my side only?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Spoogs

The site was recently moved, that will be updated in the release, but yeah the 1st post needs to be updated.

!RFAN

can i have Avatar Select on Registration mod along with this mod?
I mean user must select avatar while registering using FB Connect.
Thanks

mrpackethead

I'm getting this everytime! 

Quote from: dematrix2571 on July 10, 2011, 10:42:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I have used this Mod and been very happy with it.  I've been check the logs and notice that when someone tries to sign up using the facebook connect...it's generated a critical log...

The error is  "  The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: member_id "

I have gotten this error before when I tried to use the facebook connect for the first time.  Now it seems that some of my users who are trying to connect or sign up is getting this error.

Any ideas.

WinkWay

I installed this Facebook mod and it almost works great but heres my issue.

1) I clicked register register with facebook
2) allow access (screen that shows up on facebook)
3) took me back to the Registration terms of service
4) i pressed 'i accept ...'
5) pressed 'login with facebook' again
6) now it says "(you only need to do this once) Already registered? Click here to login"
7) pressed 'here'
8) shows Username:
              Password:   

I don't have one if im using facebook connect, so i just hit login and it ofcourse says "You need to fill in a username" and im not on the main login page again.

Any ideas? All the facebook key, secret etc all work fine and are correct. In the admin panel it doesnt show anyone is using facebook connect, even though I got like half way through the process.

Jordan

Spoogs

You do already have 1 if you're already registered... it's your forum username and password ;)

It doesnt show in the log because of exactly what you said, you only went halfway through the process ;)

WinkWay

Quote from: Spoogs on July 13, 2011, 06:17:44 PM
You do already have 1 if you're already registered... it's your forum username and password ;)

It doesnt show in the log because of exactly what you said, you only went halfway through the process ;)

Thanks for the reply. I've just realised I was completely clueless and when I was taken to the page where it asks you to make a Username and Password I thought that was a mistaken then I realised its to link to the facebook account so you have a name to be known by in the forum. So yeah it works great although can I ask help on one thing.

I tested with an entirely different facebook account etc, all went fine however when I pressed 'ALLOW' on that facebook page it redirected me back to my sites registration terms of service again, how can I make it go straight to the (Username: Password:) page instead of pressing accept tos for the second time?

Spoogs

Spoogs

The would be the issue, the theme doesnt have the quick login box where the mod inserts the facebook button, it would have to be manually added to the themes index.template.php file. If you switch to the SMF default theme temporarily you will notice the facebook button at the top of the page if you click that instead of the register button you will only see the agreement once.

WinkWay

Ok for now I'll just put a notice about you may have to press it twice but hopefully I can manually add it in sometime.

I appreciate the help! Fantastic work.

Jordan

Advertisement: