News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrek

Quote from: shorepower on August 29, 2011, 08:12:24 AM
Quote from: ph4ntom on August 26, 2011, 03:08:42 PM
How can i add different buttons for login and register page?
From REV34 you have the option to change the logon button (the image) at the main page of Facebook Settings (under the admin page). Works very well

Yes, i know, but i would like to have Login with FB at login page and Register with FB at register page ;)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Nikhil P Naik

Quote from: funforum on September 16, 2011, 08:40:29 AM
how to show facebook connect on the index page of the smf...! help...

any1???

SA™

you can use the social hooks in fb admin todo this

rev 36 realsed

updated fb logs feature to use create_list() function
fixed problem with charctors when publishing post [thanks shorepower]
removed api key wasnt needed any more
updated  mod text strings [thakns shorepower]
fixed duplicate class Facebook renamed to SAFacebook
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Danni_X

I want to add the button facebook register in frontpage of my theme but i do not how  :(
My themes is FacebookSMF.
Thx for help.

SA™

Quote from: SA™ on September 18, 2011, 01:07:08 AM
you can use the social hooks in fb admin todo this

grab the code from social hooks in fb admin and add it where you want it to show in the index.template.php for that theme

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

shorepower

REV36, what does it do  :)

Also, anyone tried installing REV34 on 2.01 of SMF, should I expect any problems.

Thx
Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια -- www.finewines.se

SA™

@shorepower

rev 36 realsed

not tryed it on 2.0.1 yet but will update as nessary at the week end when i have more time todo so

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

shorepower

Quote from: SA™ on September 20, 2011, 02:54:57 PM
@shorepower

rev 36 realsed

not tryed it on 2.0.1 yet but will update as nessary at the week end when i have more time todo so
Ah, missed that and thanks for your credits (look a bit stupid that I ask  ;D ). Keep up the good work.

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

NeobeatIKK

Hi SA, thanks for this awesome mod, I'm having a little problem if anyone can help please.

When I go to my "Facebook" tab in my forum (with any account) and try to send invitations to my forum, the 'delivered' invitation on Facebook sends you to a error page saying it wasn't found. I think this is a config mistake either on the Facebook App or the Forum Facebook config.
Another problem is when a new user tries to register with his/her Facebook in the register page says "(you only need to do this once) Already registered? Click here to login".

I need help with the invitation problem please.
Thanks in advance.

katsbits

Quote from: NeobeatIKK on September 22, 2011, 12:25:33 PM
...Another problem is when a new user tries to register with his/her Facebook in the register page says "(you only need to do this once) Already registered? Click here to login"...
I'm slightly puzzled by this as well as I though the purpose of the mod was to allow Facebook users to log in with their FB 'credentials' rather than having to create, in their eyes, yet another log-in account for something. Is there a setting missing or config that needs to be set somewhere? (Facebook app setup went ok so far as I can tell, various connections for me worked OK with no errors or issues cropping up, other than the above).

SA™

that isnt an error
if the user has aredy synced there account with fb then it will just login and you wont see that page

if the user is already registerd but has not synced there accounts with fb your see that page cos smf doesnt know facebook users id with out syncing there accounts

if you click click here to login it will show you a form to enter username and pass then it will login in and sync your account normaly

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

katsbits

Ah cheers for the clarification.. I misunderstand the general purpose behind the mod in that case  ;) . I didn't think it was an error by the way, was just a little confused over what was going on. *up*

NeobeatIKK

Thanks for the clarification and help but if you can help me with the config of the "invitation feature" from Facebook please

Quote from: NeobeatIKK
...When I go to my "Facebook" tab in my forum (with any account) and try to send invitations to my friends to visit my forum, the 'delivered' invitation on Facebook sends you to a error page saying it wasn't found. I think this is a config mistake either on the Facebook App or the Forum Facebook config. ... I need help with the invitation problem please.
(Corrected.)

I really don't know what's wrong, the facebook app config or the facebook config on the forum. Help please, I need this feature to send invitations faster.
Thanks again for replying.

buzzybee

Nice Mod. It's helping my users connect with my forum.

I'm currently running SMF 2.0.1 with the OmegaPinkRC4 curve theme variation (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2108)

With this theme I do not get a FacebookConnect button on my index page or Facebook icons next to the publish buttons in topics.

The SMF Default Curve theme works fine. Can you advise how I can get the missing features to work in the Omegapink theme that I'm using?

Thanks

shorepower

Quote from: NeobeatIKK on September 23, 2011, 09:49:47 AM
Thanks for the clarification and help but if you can help me with the config of the "invitation feature" from Facebook please

Quote from: NeobeatIKK
...When I go to my "Facebook" tab in my forum (with any account) and try to send invitations to my friends to visit my forum, the 'delivered' invitation on Facebook sends you to a error page saying it wasn't found. I think this is a config mistake either on the Facebook App or the Forum Facebook config. ... I need help with the invitation problem please.
(Corrected.)

I really don't know what's wrong, the facebook app config or the facebook config on the forum. Help please, I need this feature to send invitations faster.
Thanks again for replying.
It would help if you could be more precise. Is it an SMF or Facebook error message you get. Write the full error message. I had some initial challenges that I manged to solve but a more comprehensive error description will be of use.

NeobeatIKK

Quote from: shorepower on September 23, 2011, 03:33:22 PM
It would help if you could be more precise. Is it an SMF or Facebook error message you get. Write the full error message. I had some initial challenges that I manged to solve but a more comprehensive error description will be of use.

Ok, the invitation is sent from the forum with the Facebook linked account (via Facebook (tab) > Invite Friends tab, then i select some friends and send the invitations to my forum, but when my friends open the notification i sent, they get a Facebook error saying that the link wasn't found.

katsbits

Do FB registrations bypass the forums administration of new accounts?

NeobeatIKK

better try it for yourself and see what i was saying:

www.nextstageteam.com

then you can delete the account.
Thanks again for the help.

Advertisement: