News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toastedone

There is an "Apps" link in the top bar, but when i click it again it takes me to my page.

vbgamer45

Quote from: toastedone on April 24, 2013, 03:13:50 PM
There is an "Apps" link in the top bar, but when i click it again it takes me to my page.
Hmm what country are you in?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Odd I would try contacting FB support and see if they have a restriction for some reason.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

toastedone

I had to register as a developer, enter a code they sent me via text. I will try and find the issue and report back. Thanks

vbgamer45

Ok cool good to know. Looks like they added an extra level of verification.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

toastedone

It seems my pogae is set up as a business page and apparently you can not develop apps on a business page even thought when I set up th page I set it up as a website not a business

toastedone

Ok i have now got to the dev page by using my personal account but the guide on page 1 here looks nothing like what i am seeing

toastedone

Forget my last two posts I have given up with this one. Thanks for the previous help

SA™

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2013, 02:59:09 PM
no...   pages are created from the standard facebook page...   apps are created from the developer facebook page

Ryan,

Are you sure that is from this mod?   I have this mod installed, but my system doesn't have any comment boxes like that.

yes it is this mod that can be anbled and disabled in facebook admin/social you can also setup the action=facebook page there aswellto show a comments box or like box
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Kindred

Ah Thanks SA.

Ryan,
I suspect that this is a case of theme conflicting with mod (or visa-vera)
Use firebug to determine what if making the box appear there and then modify it (probably in CSS)

toasted... 
I don't understand your problem... I have created apps linked to pages and apps which are separate. I have business, organization and personal pages... and they all work just fine with this mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SA™

Quote from: toastedone on April 24, 2013, 05:22:28 PM
Ok i have now got to the dev page by using my personal account but the guide on page 1 here looks nothing like what i am seeing

most people tend to over complecate things
you know your website url right? that all you need to enter at the actual settings page

Website with Facebook Login
is were your site adresse goes save and your done

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

QuoteRyan,
Use firebug to determine what if making the box appear there and then modify it (probably in CSS)

i think facebook changed the comments box cos it does this on another site that i use

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ryan_dwight

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2013, 06:05:16 PM

Ryan,

thanks but i dont how to do that so ill just disable it

SA™

Quote from: ryan_dwight on April 24, 2013, 06:27:22 PM
Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2013, 06:05:16 PM

Ryan,

thanks but i dont how to do that so ill just disable it
sources/facebook/facebookhooks.php

change
<span class="upperframe"><span></span></span>
            <div class="roundframe centertext">';

SAFacebookhooks::call_facebook_hook('show_facebook_comments',array($turl,$com_com,'800',$com_colour,true));

to

<span class="upperframe"><span></span></span>
            <div class="roundframe">';

SAFacebookhooks::call_facebook_hook('show_facebook_comments',array($turl,$com_com,'800',$com_colour,true));

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

toastedone

I spent 4 hours trying to get this to work with no joy. I know it works,  it's just me that is failing

toastedone

Is anyone willing to set this up for me if I give them my details? All I want to achieve is to have new topics posted on a facebook page.

Silvershark78

OK just to clarify for myself.
do I have to register as a developer?
And from what I am reading, this can be applied to work with a page? do I have to do soemthing special to do that?
And instead of a page, my car club functions heavily in the actual group. Can this mod be applied to work only in the facebook group?

Sorry if i have repeasted a question. there are over 160 pages and I thought I might get a quicker result by asking.

The page has also changed from the screen shots in the first post. So I am a little confused.

edit again. I am attempting to creat an app but it looks nothing like the first post. it is asking how my app will interact with facebook. Am I in the proper place to be creating the app for this mod

edit: unless im doing something wrong, this is totally different than the OP. I am very lost. Do I set up page tab? Do I select website with facebook login? And do I do "app on facebook"? I assume the last one because it talks about canvases. But the options are totally different. there is no auto size select. And what is the secure canvas url. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am doing my best by trying to proceed but I am affraid that I may be doing it wrong
Still have lots to learn

SA™

Quote from: SA™ on April 24, 2013, 06:09:17 PM

most people tend to over complecate things
you know your website url right? that all you need to enter at the actual settings page

Website with Facebook Login
is were your site adresse goes save and your done

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: