Quote from: pavan061994 on January 02, 2013, 03:43:49 AM
Have A problem:

After Doing all things.... Getting error:

No connection to facebook found

and after I logged in FB.....thn it shows:

CurlException: 7: couldn't connect to host

Link: forum.risingphoenix.asia [nofollow]

Same with me

Try this http://www.tech-and-dev.com/2012/07/how-to-fix-facebook-connect-error.html [nofollow]

DBCoop

Quote from: HEMI on February 11, 2014, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: nicotoine on January 04, 2014, 04:00:27 AM
Hello, I installed this mod SA_Facebook_Integration but when I try to connect I have this message No connection found to facebook
I created a facebook application (configuration see attachment), I put the id code on the mod.
hxxp:pralognan-vanoise.com/forum [nonactive]
thank you for your help

Simple response but have you tried adding your app domain in your facebook app? hxxp:yourwebsite.com [nonactive]
If you're using a pretty url mod or the like too, could that be blocking? Try index.php?action=forum

Took me a long time to find this solution 
Thanks to you my headache has cleared.   Thanks alot worked perfectly as it should

forfun

I have question on the "publisher" feature.  The mod is working awesome, except that it doesn't show the topic title, instead it only shows in all the posts and comments, the website description, which has the right link to the post or comment.
How can I "fix" and set the mod, so it will show the correct title on facebook.
The attached image is the sample page on facebook that shows all 3 comments have the same topic title, but actually they have different link to different thread.
Thanks much in advance
Here is the link to the real facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/HDvTwinForums/709687289070339
You can see that ALL the "comments" have the same "topic", but they all have different links. :-(

forfun

jlt1

What files do I need to make writable in the FTP directory? When I go to install it isn't connecting to my database so I want to do it manually but I can't find the files listed in order to do that. Thanks.

Kindred

attempting to fully-manually install mods is a bad idea...
(updating a failed line or two is one thing, doing a full manual install? bad)

However, if you go to the mod page, there is a "parse this mod for manual installation" option.

If you are having problems connecting to the database, then you have bigger issues than this mod....   and I'd suggest you fix those before trying to install a mod like that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JOSHSKORN

Have the instructions changed on how to create a Facebook App?  After the second picture on the OP, I get lost.  I don't know where to enter the Description, Icon, logo, language and everything else listed there.  Any help?

For awhile, I was getting the canvas error entering the app domain, and I couldn't find how to enter in the website URL.  Figured that out by adding a platform. For App domain, I just took out the "http://www." portion and it worked fine.

forfun

Quote from: forfun on May 08, 2014, 03:45:21 PM
I have question on the "publisher" feature.  The mod is working awesome, except that it doesn't show the topic title, instead it only shows in all the posts and comments, the website description, which has the right link to the post or comment.
How can I "fix" and set the mod, so it will show the correct title on facebook.
The attached image is the sample page on facebook that shows all 3 comments have the same topic title, but actually they have different link to different thread.
Thanks much in advance
Here is the link to the real facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/HDvTwinForums/709687289070339
You can see that ALL the "comments" have the same "topic", but they all have different links. :-(

Any idea?

Harvester

Im having issues setting the image that will show on facebook when I make a post to it through the Comment feature. It keeps showing a generic green chat bubble looking thing, which as far as I know, is nowhere on my site. I would like to set it so that it at least uses my site logo.

also, i notice that when i use the publish feature, it uses an altogether different thumbnail... some little grey thing.

I would love to be able to set this. Either to set them and leave or even better yet, to set specifically per posting to facebook.

Kindred

index.php?action=admin;area=facebook;sa=og

Open graph settings of the facebook mod....
set your image there.

You can not do it "per post"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

oroedel

I´ve got this error:

OAuthException: (#12) username is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher

is this why my fb name is "Oliver Rödel"

or what happened?

Is there an actual instalation guide cause the posted one is a "little" bit confusing.

Dzonny

Quote from: oroedel on May 11, 2014, 04:37:38 PM
I´ve got this error:

OAuthException: (#12) username is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher

is this why my fb name is "Oliver Rödel"

or what happened?

Is there an actual instalation guide cause the posted one is a "little" bit confusing.

Same error here, and I have no idea what's up with that tho'.

Kindred

I think it  has to do with the UTF8 characters in the names....
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Or the fact that part of the API being called is deprecated by the version of OAuth, like the error says?

cjgoodings

Ya im having that same error message "OAuthException: (#12) username is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher"

Not to sound like a complete idiot, but what would be a quick fix to get things going?

Arantor

I don't think there is a quick fix.

cjgoodings

Heh, sounds just like my luck. Im trying to launch a forum for a facebook buy/sell/trade/job group, in order to keep track on all transactions and review sellers. With it already existing on fb, the only option i had was fb integration.

Advertisement: