News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

It's either somewhere in the app settings... Of Facebook, being the digits that they are went and fundamentally changed their app setup so that everything that was done before is no longer relevant.

Which is likely, given their record.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

EliteClicks

Hello!

I installed in this mod in theforum..

When I click on register it show's :

An Error Has Occurred!
OAuthException: An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.

and Another error:

An Error Has Occurred!
OAuthException: (#12) username is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher

Please Help me ;)

Let me know if any other details needed :)

MESWEB

I have this error:
8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
Plik: /home/messiah/domains/obeznany.pl/public_html/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php
Line: 174

margarett

@EliteClicks: check previous posts. FB changed something on their side and, as it stands, you can't use this MOD until the author fixes/upgrades it.

@MESWEB: You are running PHP 5.5+ and this MOD needs to be rewritten to suppress those errors. Pretty much what happened to SMF from version 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

EliteClicks

Quote from: margarett on June 03, 2014, 12:59:01 PM
@EliteClicks: check previous posts. FB changed something on their side and, as it stands, you can't use this MOD until the author fixes/upgrades it.

@MESWEB: You are running PHP 5.5+ and this MOD needs to be rewritten to suppress those errors. Pretty much what happened to SMF from version 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 ;)

So can I get similar mod that works for me?

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: margarett on June 03, 2014, 12:59:01 PM

Let me get this straight.  I'm trying to use this MOD for the first time.  Due to a change on Facebook's side, this MOD is currently unusable?

Kindred

possibly...  some people have gotten it to work, some have not.

Based on a post a few posts back, it looks like it may matter what kind of app you created --- a v1 or v2 OAuth version....
v1 works
v2 does not

All thatnks to facebook and their crap about changing interfaces without actually telling people
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: Kindred on June 04, 2014, 12:50:24 AM
possibly...  some people have gotten it to work, some have not.

Based on a post a few posts back, it looks like it may matter what kind of app you created --- a v1 or v2 OAuth version....
v1 works
v2 does not

All thatnks to facebook and their crap about changing interfaces without actually telling people
How do you know which one you created and if you did v2 can you switch over to v1 or do you have delete it and start over?

Jack_Elixir

Dzonny

If you created an app more than a month ago or so, it can be changed to v1 probably, but if you create it later you can not go back to v1 sadly. Follow the instructions provided few posts above and you'll see if you can change it to v1.

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: kronprom on May 31, 2014, 06:54:07 AM
2. Modify code in File  FaccbookHooks.php     find  " me?fields=id,name,username"  then remove ",username"                               

3.  Click :  "Get Access Token" 
4.   Test Get :  field " username"   
Step #2 here doesn't seem to work for me.  By default, I do not see username, anyway.  What is the deal with the rest of the code in the second screen shot? Where do I get it from?  Obviously I can't copy text from a screen shot.

EliteClicks

Quote from: kronprom on May 31, 2014, 06:54:07 AM
Dzonny  :   sorry for my bad English .. I will try my best to answer you  :)

1 .  Choose : Your Application name
2.   Check:    API  version  supported  for your App
                      **   If you just create new application , it will show only v2.0 that's means  you can not use SA FB Module with your App.
                 To Solve :
                      1.  Change your Application   (if you have created  before April , Choose one that support API v1.0 "
                      or 2. Modify code in File  FaccbookHooks.php     find  " me?fields=id,name,username"  then remove ",username"

3.  Click :  "Get Access Token" 
4.   Test Get :  field " username"   

I followed that buy just error msg changed..

OAuthException: An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.

Please help me   :o

Dzonny

That edit wasn't helpful for me as well.
I already wrote what to do and which helped me:
Quote from: Dzonny on May 31, 2014, 11:58:45 AM
Thank you so much    kronprom, that helped to me, and app is working fine now :)

So for everyone who's not sure how to do it, I did it with using one of mine old apps on FB which has option for v 1.0, so I just changed url and all settings in that app, and then go to Tools - Graph Explored, choose the app that you'll use, and firstly change the version to 1.0 then get access token and debug it. After that just add ",username" to the field below and save everything. That should be it.

However, let me just note that editing FacebookHooks.php file didn't helped in my case though.

Thanks once again!

EliteClicks

Quote from: Dzonny on June 05, 2014, 12:54:12 PM
Thank you so much    kronprom, that helped to me, and app is working fine now :)

So for everyone who's not sure how to do it, I did it with using one of mine old apps on FB which has option for v 1.0, so I just changed url and all settings in that app, and then go to Tools - Graph Explored, choose the app that you'll use, and firstly change the version to 1.0 then get access token and debug it. After that just add ",username" to the field below and save everything. That should be it.

However, let me just note that editing FacebookHooks.php file didn't helped in my case though.

Thanks once again!

Hello Mate thanks for reply..

But My app cannot be converted to v1.0
As I recently created that..
Please can any one help me in this..

Dzonny

Sadly there's nothing we can do about that in that case, we must wait for new version of app to be published or some patch for this problem...

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: Dzonny on June 05, 2014, 12:54:12 PM

Thanks once again!

Unfortunately, I have a new app (v2). I didn't even begin playing with this mod until around April or May.

EliteClicks

I'm getting this error

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

JOSHSKORN

I noticed this app was updated recently to work with SMF 2.08.  Any word on integration with Facebook Apps 2.0?  I can't go back to 1.0.

vbgamer45

Haven't made any changes don't have time at the moment.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 19, 2014, 06:46:06 PM
Haven't made any changes don't have time at the moment.
Ugh ok.  I'm eagerly awaiting this mod.  I'm going to go ahead with a "functional work-around" for now.  Not what I wanted, but when this mod is updated for FB Apps 2.0, I'll take advantage of it.  Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement: