News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Re: PunBB 1.3.4 to SMF 2.0 RC2

Started by mt2isgreat, February 01, 2010, 06:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mt2isgreat

Hi
I`ve also tried to convert punBB 1.3.4 to SMF 2.0 RC2 with this converter
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=punbb
with no success, there are many errors strated from unknown entry 'real_name' etc...
so can you guys upgrade for full compatibile with 1.3.4 this converter .
BTW:Both charset are set to UTF-8 and i set mysql in smf for msqli in punBB.

Norv

Quote from: mt2isgreat on February 01, 2010, 06:22:54 AM
with no success, there are many errors strated from unknown entry 'real_name' etc...

Can you please tell the full error? Note that the converter to SMF 2.0 RC2 should only be used with a SMF 2.0 RC2 installation. Do you have SMF 2.0 RC2 installed, as well? There are two current SMF versions, right now, one is 1.1.11 and the other is 2.0 RC2.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

mt2isgreat

yes
look,i try it convert punBB 1.3.4 to
ver 2.0 RC2 , i followed the instructions but its many problems to convert it
, if its possible to convert punbb 1.3.4 to smf 2.0 RC2 with those converter please give some
help , cause it is not going like it should , thx for answer

Norv

I have split your posts into their own topic.

Please tell what errors you get. Copy paste them here, or make a screenshot and attach them.
I did test PunBB conversion to SMF 2.0 RC2 myself and succeeded (on a small test database), so we simply need much more information in order to understand what the problems with converting your database are.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

mt2isgreat

wow , i installed SMF RC3 and conversion from punBB 1.3.4 to SMF 2.0 RC3 takes 5 seconds :D with full success  and no probems :) thx ... great !

Norv

Cheers, good to hear!
Marking the topic as solved.

Advertisement: