News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Tracking User Activity

Started by Mike Bobbitt, May 24, 2005, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtf_gamer

is there a link for tones version floating around?

bucharest

How do i add this to my forum ?

agraj1

hello,
it can be really useful, it will definitely going to give an try. By this one can learn certain thing how it can target its user. Good work..!

Mike Bobbitt

Lorisplace,

It shows a list of users who belong to a usergroup you specify. When you click on a user, it shows:

Boards || Topics || Monitored Topics || Admin Actions || Errors

Basically anything it can find for that user.

Uhura!, sorry for the (very) late reply... IP addresses are only shown for Admin Actions... are you seeing them there? In SMF 2 you can use the "Track User" feature under their profile to see what IP addresses they have used.

Cheers
Mike

Robert.

Autumn13

The Admin before me had this so that there was a link on every member's profile. In Sources>Profile.php I have the following code
// Groups with moderator permissions can also....
if (allowedTo('moderate_forum'))
{
$context['profile_areas']['info']['areas']['trackUserActivity'] = '<a href="http://www.myforum.com/tracker.php?function=track;u=' . $memID . '">' . $txt['trackUserActivity'] . '</a>';

(I have my real URL of course)

There were other instances of where it was added, but I think this could be where the main problem is

So on the Profile page, I just have a blank space under the Profile Info of where the link should be. :\ Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

flapjack

do you have some echo in profile.template.php to print it on screen?

Mike Bobbitt

Also, do you have $txt['trackUserActivity'] defined somewhere? Could be that the URL has no text to link.

Masterd

When you will modify this for SMF 2.0?

Mike Bobbitt

It should work with 2.0 RC4 already. Are you having problems with it on 2.0?

Masterd

Mike Bobbitt

No worries, it was buried on page 12! I've updated the first post to have a link to the download.

Autumn13

My apologies, it appears I didn't have this set to notify me on new replies.
Quote from: flapjack on January 01, 2011, 02:58:33 PM
do you have some echo in profile.template.php to print it on screen?

No, it appears I do not. That is definitely the problem...however, I have no clue what to insert.

Quote from: Mike Bobbitt on January 03, 2011, 03:56:14 PM
Also, do you have $txt['trackUserActivity'] defined somewhere? Could be that the URL has no text to link.
Yes, I do.

I have 2 PHP files. One is simply Profile.php and the other is Profile.template.php. The Profile.php is where I have the code you have above, but it is missing from Profile.template.php.

Again, I'm not sure what code to put in Profile.template. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Autumn13

Interesting...I do not have the ability to attach.  ???

You are so sweet! Thank you:)

http://www.2shared.com/file/EWRcuy_e/Profiletemplate.html

Autumn13

Thanks, but no it did not work:(

flapjack

any clues? it should appear as the last item on the profile menu, is it not there?
also, is there any error in the log?

Autumn13

No, it is not there. It looks like there is a place for it, but it is blank.

Regarding error logs - well that is a bit of a problem. My host updated Apache server a month ago, and it completely threw my forum out of whack. My custom themes tripped thousands of errors. I am creating a new theme from default and I'm still getting a lot of errors...so I am not seeing anything that is out of place, because technically everything is :s I've been living a bit of a nightmare for the past month that I'm trying to unravel!

Eyesman

Hi there,

I just installed this mod but it doesn't show any activity. All it shows is the following:
Track User Activity

This script tracks the recent actions of all users in The Watch List.

Is there a configuration page for this?

My smf is v.1.1.12 with the default theme.

Thank you.

Advertisement: