News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Attachments and Avatars Missing after Update Attempt

Started by EricTheRed, March 24, 2010, 07:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricTheRed

Hi All,

On my site, http://www.4ginsider.com/ I attempted to update it to RC3. I had some problems with the update, so I reverted back to my backup of RC2. After I did this, all of my attachments and avatars are missing. This seems to be a normal thing for me every time I move files around. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Eric

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

EricTheRed

ukhalik2

seems to me that you replaced your attachment and avatar directory with the empty one in the update pack!

did you restored the backup on the same site? how you did it i mean!

EricTheRed

Quote from: ukhalik2 on March 25, 2010, 06:03:41 AM
seems to me that you replaced your attachment and avatar directory with the empty one in the update pack!

did you restored the backup on the same site? how you did it i mean!
I did a full restore from the backup I did earlier. The attachments directory has data in it. I've checked. The attachments directory also hosts the custom avatars.

Kill Em All

Admin>Attachments and Avatars

Check Attachment settings and avatar settings. Make sure they all look right.

Also, is your Attachments directory CHMOD to 755 or 777?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

EricTheRed

Yup, everything looks good.

All directories are 755.

I'm willing to give admin access if anyone wants to take a look at it  :)

ukhalik2

try clearing the attachment and avatars table and importing it again!

Edit: he gave me the admin access! as far I think, those files are not coming, they are being corrupted.. those files are also not showing up in browse files, Any mod can help on this please?

EricTheRed

Tried a complete database restore - even to an earlier version. Attachments are now there, but avatars are still missing.

Shortie

EricTheRed

Looks like I'm victim of the filezilla issue. Doing some testing now, will update everyone.

EricTheRed

Yup, that was the issue.
Quote from: AncientDragonfly on March 26, 2010, 12:40:31 PM
This thread may help: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=370199.0

Thank you so much AncientDragonfly!

SimpleMachines: This topic really needs to be stickied. Many people are using FileZilla and don't realize that they are backing up there attachments and avatars with this issue.

Thanks again.

Eric

Advertisement: