Failure to load a PHP page

Started by Mitii, April 10, 2010, 03:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitii

SMF Version: 1.1.11
TinyPortal Version: v1.0 beta 4
MySQL Version: 5.0
Custom Theme

I made a new action in my portal that is suppose to load a PHP coded page using an action whenever you hit the link.

The code works in Dreamweaver and if I just go to a direct link of the URL where it is uploaded. However when I try to load the page I get the following error:

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in D:\Hosting\xxxxxxxx\html\Sources\Load.php(1742) : eval()'d code(9) : eval()'d code on line 1

My not sure what this is referring to... I can infer that its saying the '<' in '<?php' is unexpected for that file, but... The code works on the website fine as an HTML file and loads, just not as a PHP file. I can attach the file if you wanna look at it.

Also if it helps, I'm using this mod to create the new action: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=331 I am setting the option to PHP. I can set it to HTML and it works. But I can't display my panels/blocks on the page so I believe its because its set to HTML.

If anyone knows a good guide to create a new action by editing the code, I'd really appreciate a link because the ones I have tried so far don't seem to work with my theme.

Any help is appreciated and if you need more information, I'll be working on my website for awhile just checking in here.

MrPhil

Turn off "eval" (see my sig > FAQs > Enable/Disable Eval) and get the correct files and line numbers.

Most likely you have HTML code in the middle of what is supposed to be PHP code (within <?php ... ?>).

Advertisement: