News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

There is gong to be a delay in me looking at the code.  My computer fan burned out and I am waiting fro a new one.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

surfer97

I have one user complaining of persistently getting kicked out of sending a PM, the Denial Reason is "POST more than two days after GET". He's only using the regular PM screens in SMF, and not using a proxy, so doesn't seem to fit any of the reasons I have seen listed for this denial. Any idea why he (and no one else in the history of the forum as I recall) could be getting this?

butchs

That error is a is under post and is to test for trackback spam.  The test in question is checking if the maximum duration of the bad behavior cookie/ post is excessive.  Maybe he is taking hours to post or possibly His cookies are disabled.  You can try checking "EU Cookie Handling" to disable the cookie check, then it will only check the post timing.  Please note that nothing will happen unless you completely flush the server cache and he wipes out his computers cache.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Biology Forums

For the first time in a long time I am receiving a heck of a lot of spam, is this mod still working?

butchs

It is working just fine.  Check your http:BL Access Key.

Kindred

also check your other spam prevention methods...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adrek

Today I also got few spammers, and I see that project website is closed for maintenance (on Facebook fanpage there are comments that site is not working for few weeks now).
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

butchs

I really cannot help you with posts like that.  Commentary explains nothing.

If you do not see green "Project Honey Pot is online." at the top then go to the honeypot site and check your status, change password and confirm your access key.  Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall the mod?  Maybe your host is blocking Project Honey Pot?

landyvlad

from the httpBL thread - Project Honeypot's database that it uses for spam detection IS online. There is just no way to register for it at the moment, for new users.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

butchs

This mod does more than just honey pot.

Biology Forums

I'm using 1.x and I believe this has officially stopped working even though it reports "Online" in the admin area

Kindred

???   AFAIK, Bad behavior AND httpBL both still work perfectly well with the current version of the mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

butchs

Thanks Kindred.  That would have been my reply.

landyvlad

By the way Project Honeypot is now back up and allowing people to register etc.  :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

landyvlad

Question.  I currently have "Stop Spammer" and "httpBL" mods running on my site.

Does the "Bad Behaviour for SMF mod" offer anything additional which is not already be done by the combination of those two mods?

Would it be worth it / useful / beneficial to have all three installed, or would I gain nothing extra?

Kindred

This uses the bad behavior script... (and has httpBL also built in)

so, if you use this, you don't need the other httpBL only mod
Слaва
Украинi

butchs

See the first post for a link to the bad behavior script website.

landyvlad

BillLeeDee

I don't know if anyone has a thought or suggestion on this one, but I notice the following error when I get a certain type of suspicious activity. There is no user agent and the following error occurs with the accompanying bad action shown in the picture. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement: