News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF4iPhone Theme

Started by Fabius85, April 15, 2010, 11:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farfromperfection

Hi, I know I've not been around for a while, and while I appreciate your editing of my theme I'm not too comfortable with the donation buttons there.

Fabius85

Quote from: farfromperfection on May 17, 2010, 10:54:25 PM
Hi, I know I've not been around for a while, and while I appreciate your editing of my theme I'm not too comfortable with the donation buttons there.
hi man!
well, mod of sm4iphone was completely rewritten from new by butchs and me, so it has nothing to do with the original mod, and i'm going to improve it too. and theme was fixed, was ported to RC2 and RC3 (where it didnt originally work), was and will be improved.
and we currently give support for both mod and theme. and i obviously gave you proper credits everywhere (theme's download page, theme and mod readme...)
i think that a little donate button has the right to stay there (even if i didnt get any donation atm and i dont expect to get many :P), don't you agree?

Mr. Jinx

I understand farfromperfection's reaction on this 'donation button' totally. He probably did the most work. However, I think Fabius85 put enough effort in this to keep the project alive. If he stops doing this (because of a silly donationbutton), then maybe nobody is going to continue this nice and important theme/mod.

Salkiri

Adding a number > 0 seems to work fine for viewing x number of recent topics, but what would be great if there was an option to view Unread Topics like the WAP2 theme has.

Mod and Theme are installed on SMF 2.0RC3 and working great!

Thanks!

~DS~

There is some errors showing up from time to time
8: Undefined offset: 2
File: /home/****/public_html/forum.com/Sources/DetectFree.php
Line: 57
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Fabius85

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 19, 2010, 06:38:07 AM
There is some errors showing up from time to time
8: Undefined offset: 2
File: /home/****/public_html/forum.com/Sources/DetectFree.php
Line: 57

this is caused by the DetectFree system beeing not reachable, it happens sometimes: but it is not an error of the mod.

searchgr

I have selected the
Enter the theme #1 ID: as number 2

Do i have to select the rest of the other two themes?

Enter the theme #2 ID: 
  Enter the theme #3 ID: 

Fabius85

Quote from: searchgr on May 22, 2010, 02:24:27 AM
I have selected the
Enter the theme #1 ID: as number 2

Do i have to select the rest of the other two themes?

Enter the theme #2 ID: 
  Enter the theme #3 ID:
that's not necessary. if you have installed other themes specifically for some other types of devices (like Curve Mobile theme or others) then you can use that to set the default theme for those devices

searchgr

Any ideas for the following errors?

[Thu May 27 23:13:56 2010] [error] [client 62.4.91] File does not exist: /home/******/public_html/Themes/smf4iphone_theme2/images/post

[Thu May 27 23:12:22 2010] [error] [client 62..91] File does not exist: /home/******/public_html/apple-touch-icon.png

[Thu May 27 23:12:22 2010] [error] [client 62..91] File does not exist: /home/******/public_html/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png

booch_21

I found a couple of things that you may not be aware of.

First, you say that if you go to classic mode, a tap will bring you back to this theme.  On my Moto Droid, it has a hard time going back to the theme.  It is hit and miss whether the iPhone theme comes up or the classic mode with SimplePortal on the screen.

Second, I allow guest posts.  When I was trying a test post as a guest, I could create the message and enter the verification code, but it would not let me enter a username.  When I would post, it would indicate that no username was provided, but no place to put that in.

Thanks for listening!

Fabius85

Quote from: searchgr on May 28, 2010, 12:40:33 AM
Any ideas for the following errors?

[Thu May 27 23:13:56 2010] [error] [client 62.4.91] File does not exist: /home/******/public_html/Themes/smf4iphone_theme2/images/post

[Thu May 27 23:12:22 2010] [error] [client 62..91] File does not exist: /home/******/public_html/apple-touch-icon.png

[Thu May 27 23:12:22 2010] [error] [client 62..91] File does not exist: /home/******/public_html/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png
these images are not related to smf4iphone theme

Quote from: booch_21 on May 28, 2010, 09:42:49 AM
I found a couple of things that you may not be aware of.

First, you say that if you go to classic mode, a tap will bring you back to this theme.  On my Moto Droid, it has a hard time going back to the theme.  It is hit and miss whether the iPhone theme comes up or the classic mode with SimplePortal on the screen.

Second, I allow guest posts.  When I was trying a test post as a guest, I could create the message and enter the verification code, but it would not let me enter a username.  When I would post, it would indicate that no username was provided, but no place to put that in.

Thanks for listening!

thanks for reporting, i'll add a field for guest posting in next relese :)

but i didn't understand what's your matter with going back to SMF4iPhone theme when using classic theme

booch_21

Quote from: Fabius85 on May 29, 2010, 10:28:11 AM
but i didn't understand what's your matter with going back to SMF4iPhone theme when using classic theme
It appears to be ok after rebooting the phone.  Once I go into Classic mode I have to reload the page from the Bookmarks to get it to take.  Hitting Home doesn't always do it.  I'm using the default Droid/Google browser as well.

Fabius85

Quote from: booch_21 on May 29, 2010, 03:01:09 PM
Quote from: Fabius85 on May 29, 2010, 10:28:11 AM
It appears to be ok after rebooting the phone.  Once I go into Classic mode I have to reload the page from the Bookmarks to get it to take.  Hitting Home doesn't always do it.  I'm using the default Droid/Google browser as well.
wait.
if you go to "classic mode" a cookie is changed to let you view the forum with a desktop theme you choose.
but you have to add a link somewhere in you desktop theme to switch back to smf4iphone theme. a link like:
http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php?theme=N
where N stands for the ID of smf4iphone theme.
so that the cookie can be turned again from "classic" to "smf4iphone".

you cannot just tap on "back" button, cause the theme is not set again to smf4iphone theme, if doing that.

SallyM

Hello everyone.

Am getting 2 Error log errors:

8: Undefined index: iRemember
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: .../Themes/iPhone/Login.template.php
Line: 35 

8: Undefined index: iSubmit
Line: 49

All errors have come from guests and we're up to page 75 of them in 12 hours.

Any help appreciated.

NanoSector

Quote from: SallyM on June 19, 2010, 05:05:15 PM
Hello everyone.

Am getting 2 Error log errors:

8: Undefined index: iRemember
Line: 35 

8: Undefined index: iSubmit
Line: 49

All errors have come from guests and we're up to page 75 of them in 12 hours.

Any help appreciated.
Have you installed the mod?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

SallyM

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

SallyM

The mod or the theme?

Yes to both so far as I know. iPhone theme has been being used and auto detect functioning as expected (well, havent had any complaints). Only installed 2 days ago and I'm not absolutely sure that the errors have been happening ever since install.

Fabius85

no matter even if you didnt installed theme or mod, they can work standalone.
it seemes that you have a corrupted or not working
/Themes/iPhone/languages/iPhone.language.YOURLANGUAGE.php

probably these lines are missing:
/* Login */

$txt['iRemember'] = 'Remember';
$txt['iSubmit'] = 'Submit';

my suggest is to extract the file again from the package you downloaded and reupload it again.
if this file was corrupted, it would be a good idea to reupload every file of the theme, as long as some other files could have been corrupted, while you first uploaded them.

SallyM

Hi Fabius,

Unfortunately no, the lines weren't missing but I've re-uploaded anyway and will keep an eye on the error log. Will have to wait until someone else logs in using iPhone.

Thank you for this theme by the way. Nice.

And thanks again Yoshi.

Advertisement: