News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Enhancements to reattribute posts

Started by davidhs, April 17, 2010, 01:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidhs

Quote from: SirAlahn on May 06, 2014, 04:51:12 AM
So I have this mod installed on a forum that's running 2.0.7. I'm trying to reattribute the first post in a topic where the act of an admin editing the original user's post for some reason... attributed it to that admin? I've tried reassigning the post a couple of times -- I've made sure I'm entering the post number, not the topic number, checking the "reattribute to/from registered user" option, and selecting the user I want to reattribute to from the dropdown list that pulls up when I start typing in their username. However, when I click the Reattribute button, I get an empty dialogue box. The page then reloads and says that the post has been reattributed successfully -- except it hasn't. It's still showing up as having been posted by the admin who edited the post.

It seems that you do it right.

Can you make screen images
- with fillings fields (before clicking), and
- With dialog box (after clicking)
?

What is the language of your forum?

SirAlahn

I attached the screenshots to this post:  the first one demonstrates how I'm entering the information; the second is the empty dialogue box; the third is what displays after I check "Ok" on the dialogue box.

My forum is in English.

Thank you for your time!

davidhs

Quote from: SirAlahn on May 06, 2014, 04:51:12 AM
So I have this mod installed on a forum that's running 2.0.7. I'm trying to reattribute the first post in a topic where the act of an admin editing the original user's post for some reason... attributed it to that admin? I've tried reassigning the post a couple of times -- I've made sure I'm entering the post number, not the topic number, checking the "reattribute to/from registered user" option, and selecting the user I want to reattribute to from the dropdown list that pulls up when I start typing in their username. However, when I click the Reattribute button, I get an empty dialogue box. The page then reloads and says that the post has been reattributed successfully -- except it hasn't. It's still showing up as having been posted by the admin who edited the post.
There is an error in JavaScript code.

New version:
1.5.6   2014-05-10
------------------
! Error in JavaScript code.
! Use HTML entities in non-UTF-8 languages.

SirAlahn

Thank you very much. The new version works perfectly.

a10

Very nice, being able to choose posts by message id is great. Thanks.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

davidhs

New version:
1.5.7   2014-10-06
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.8-2.0.9.

davidhs

To moderators: Text to move to first post
QuoteSubject:
QuoteEnhancements to reattribute posts, 1.5.7 (SMF 2.0-2.0.10)
Body:
Link to Mod

Enhancements to reattribute posts

ABOUT...

Enhancements to reattribute posts, 1.5.7
© 2010-2015 by davidhs
© English and British English language 2012 by sharks
© Russian language 2010-2011 by Bugo

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

DESCRIPTION

New options added in "Administration Center > Forum Maintenance > Members > Reattribute User Posts":

• Option to reattribute all guest posts regardless of username or email.
  • Specific posts to be reattributed based on post ID. Default value is all posts.
  • Define how old (with age or date) posts should be, in order to be reattributed to the registered member.
  • Posts can also be reattributed from registered members instead of the default option to reattribute guest posts only.

Without this MOD the forum has the default option to reattribute all posts by guests only.

SMF COMPATIBILITY

• SMF 2.0 to 2.0.10.

LANGUAGES

• english, english_british.
  • russian (incomplete).
  • spanish, spanish_es, spanish_latin.

If you want help translating it into other languages, you can add the translation in this topic.

DOWNLOAD

Link to MOD

MANUAL INSTALLATION

See http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manual_installation_of_mods

SUPPORT AND COMMENTS

In English: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=376825.0
In Spanish: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=373265.0

CHANGE LOG

Legend:   ! Fixed   + Added   - Removed   * Changed   @ Note

1.5.7   2014-10-06
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.8-2.0.9.

1.5.6   2014-05-10
------------------
! Use HTML entities in non-UTF-8 languages.

1.5.5   2014-01-24
------------------
! Texts in languages.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.7.

1.5.4   2013-10-24
------------------
! Error in source code.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.6.

1.5.3   2013-08-18
------------------
@ This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.5.
- SMF compatibility: Support to Beta and RC versions.

1.5.2   2013-04-06
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.4.

1.5.1   2012-12-21
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.3.

1.5     2012-11-10
------------------
+ Input radio button for reattribute all guest posts regardless of username or email.

1.4     2012-04-29
------------------
! The order of the buttons is not logical, moves checkbox button "Reattribute no guest posts" at the bottom.
! Languages: english, english-utf8, english_british, english_british-utf8, thanks to sharks.
+ Input text button for date of posts to be reattributed.
+ Warning messages if not enter email or username of guest posts to reassign or member to attribute posts.
+ Redirect to "Reattribute User Posts" area after install.

1.3.5   2011-12-24
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.2.

1.3.4   2011-09-22
------------------
+ Languages: New language string in russian, russian-utf8, thanks to Bugo.

1.3.3   2011-09-20
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.1.

1.3.2   2011-09-17
------------------
+ Explanation in input checkbox button for reattribute no guest posts.

1.3.1   2011-06-17
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.

1.3     2011-05-20
------------------
@ Renames this MOD as "Enhancements to reattribute posts".
! If input checkbox button for reattribute no guest posts is unchecked, only be reattributed guest posts.
+ Input text button for maximum age of posts to be reattributed.

1.2.3   2011-02-13
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0 RC5.

1.2.2   2011-01-16
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public.

1.2.1   2010-11-06
------------------
! GUI of SMF 2.0 RC2 to RC3.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0 Beta 4, RC1 to RC1.2 and RC4.
+ Languages: english_british, english_british-utf8 (copy of english).
+ Languages: spanish, spanish-utf8 (copy of spanish_es).

1.2     2010-04-28
------------------
+ Auto suggest in input text button for guest name (it can be no guest).
+ Languages: russian, russian-utf8, thanks to Bugo.

1.1     2010-04-20
------------------
+ Input checkbox button for reattribute no guest posts.

1.0     2010-03-28
------------------
+ Input text button for post numbers to be reattributed.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0 RC2 to RC3.
+ Languages: english, english-utf8, spanish_es, spanish_es-utf8, spanish_latin, spanish_latin-utf8.

Compatible with SMF 2.0.10.

El_ChiCo

Hello davidhs,

Thank you for this mod.
I can contribute for a french localization.
the file provided has been created on a mac, I hope there won't be any glitch with the accented letters.

Best regards.

davidhs

Quote from: El_ChiCo on June 04, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
Hello davidhs,

Thank you for this mod.
I can contribute for a french localization.
the file provided has been created on a mac, I hope there won't be any glitch with the accented letters.

Best regards.
Thanks! You do not worry, accented letters are seen ok. :)

I will add your language on next update.

davidhs

New version:
1.5.8   2015-09-23
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.10-2.0.11.
+ Languages: french, french-utf8, thanks to El_ChiCo.
- Languages: spanish, spanish-utf8 (these are not used).

badon

I have users that forgot they were registered on the forum I admin already, so they made a new account. Then later they remembered their original account, and started using that again. I'm basically trying to merge their new accounts into their original account, but it isn't working. I've tried entering both usernames, and I've tried doing it one post at a time by post ID. The checkbox for "Attribute registered member posts" is not checkable. Screenshot attached to show the settings I'm using, and this is the post ID URL:

https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=4827.msg22781#msg22781

davidhs

Quote from: badon on August 16, 2016, 01:37:50 AM
I have users that forgot they were registered on the forum I admin already, so they made a new account. Then later they remembered their original account, and started using that again. I'm basically trying to merge their new accounts into their original account, but it isn't working. I've tried entering both usernames, and I've tried doing it one post at a time by post ID. The checkbox for "Attribute registered member posts" is not checkable. Screenshot attached to show the settings I'm using, and this is the post ID URL:

https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=4827.msg22781#msg22781
If you want reattribute post from a registered member (member1) to other registered member (member2), you must to do this:
1. Write username of member1 in Attribute guest posts made with - Username of.
2. Leave empty the field Attribute specific posts (you want attribute all posts).
2. Write an old date in Attribute posts based on time (for example 2000-01-01; you want attribute all posts).
4. Check Attribute registered member posts. Before of this you must write time (this is for security, reattribute all post between registered members can be an error).
5. Write username of member2 in Attribute posts to member.

If member1 has many posts, perhaps you should to do this some times more.

When member1 has not posts, you can delete member1.

badon

Thanks for the info! It worked! It seems unnecessary to require entering a random old date to get the mod to function. Perhaps you can remove that requirement?

Also, I assume that if I delete the unnecessary account, all the PM's and profile information will be lost. Is that correct? Profile information is unimportant, and can easily be re-entered. But PM's cannot be preserved in any simply way. Maybe it's possible to reattribute PM's too?

davidhs

Quote from: badon on August 16, 2016, 05:30:53 PM
It seems unnecessary to require entering a random old date to get the mod to function. Perhaps you can remove that requirement?
Yes, it is unnecessary but I created this requirement for security. Without this you can attribute all post to another member by an error.

Quote from: badon on August 16, 2016, 05:30:53 PM
Also, I assume that if I delete the unnecessary account, all the PM's and profile information will be lost. Is that correct? Profile information is unimportant, and can easily be re-entered. But PM's cannot be preserved in any simply way. Maybe it's possible to reattribute PM's too?
Yes, if you remove an user you remove his PMs. And I do not known if exists some function or mod for reattribute PMs. It can be an enhancement for next update of this mod, perhaps in some months...

badon

SMiFFER

2. Write an old date in Attribute posts based on time (for example 2000-01-01; you want attribute all posts).
Sorry, that is non-intuitive nonsense.
That should be done by default WITHOUT having to enter that.

Err what?

Nevertheless: This does work.
Only that it is very little intuitive.

(Who thinks so weird?)
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

davidhs

Quote from: SMiFFER on October 06, 2017, 06:07:05 PM
Sorry, that is non-intuitive nonsense.
That should be done by default WITHOUT having to enter that.

Err what?

Nevertheless: This does work.
Only that it is very little intuitive.

(Who thinks so weird?)
I know it is hard but you must write specific posts or a date for security. If this requirement does not exist, all posts may be assigned by mistake.

Not very intuitive... yes! This area is used only by administrators: these are "advanced users".

Advertisement: