FlowPlayer

Started by nikan, April 22, 2010, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikan

Link to Mod

Introduction
FlowPlayer mod integrates FlowPlayer into SMF and adds a bbcode button to insert flv and mp4 video files.
The video files must reside on the same server.

FlowPlayer License:
Free version available under the GPL license.

Features
* Adds a BBCode button to insert flv and mp4 video files
* Uses FlowPlayer to play the files

Languages
english
english-utf8
greek
greek-utf8

History
1.2 - Updated to Flowplayer 3.2.16
1.1 - Updated to Flowplayer 3.2.7
        Changed the loading method to work on any theme
        Added support for multiple video players on same page
1.0 - Initial release

dimdom

Working good except that i am getting this error every time I open the post template:

8: Use of undefined constant flowplayer - assumed 'flowplayer'
File: /home/site/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.greekpol-utf8.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 886

I use Greek and I have tested all the codes in language files (everything OK there)...

rd

Looks good! I'll try it out soon.

nikan

Quote from: dimdom on April 24, 2010, 05:39:40 PM
Working good except that i am getting this error every time I open the post template:

File: /home/site/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.greekpol-utf8.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 886

I use Greek and I have tested all the codes in language files (everything OK there)...

If you manually installed the mod try the package manager.

BoxingChaos

I love the MOD. SWEET!

BUT

I am getting the following error

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

If I manually parse it, do I have to parse each custom theme also?

I don't care if the button does not show up or not. I just want to be able to post and play FLV files on my site when needed.

Any suggestions?

I have over 20 themes and only 3 themes passed the test.

www.BoxingSquad.com/forum

nikan

The mod is error free on a fresh smf installation. I have it installed with no errors in 5 themes on my smf2 demo site.
When we install other mods and themes the situation is different and we have to install mods manually.
The code inside the index.template.php is required for the player to work. You have to parse the code in each theme.

BoxingChaos

Quote from: nikan on April 28, 2010, 03:13:46 AM
The mod is error free on a fresh smf installation. I have it installed with no errors in 5 themes on my smf2 demo site.
When we install other mods and themes the situation is different and we have to install mods manually.
The code inside the index.template.php is required for the player to work. You have to parse the code in it's theme.

I know the errors are not your fault, because I installed this MOD on another site I made for a friend and it works fine on all 20 themes of his. His site has less MODS than my site.
My site is a giant cluster fudge of MODS  ;D
But my question is:
Do I have to parse the code in each and every theme?

Arantor

If you're installing manually, yes. If you're installing on 1.1.x, definitely.

If you're installing on 2.0 through the package manager it should be able to work through Install On Other Themes.

Better suggestion would be to have the <script> tag added to $context['html_headers'] prior to going to the theme code (index.php even) so it's automatically on all themes without having to parse each one manually.

nikan

Sorry for the typo.
Correction: You have to parse the code in each theme.

Arantor

nikan: See my note above on how to do it without touching a single theme file.

Arantor

I use the same technique for loading CSS and Javascript in my own code.

Nao 尚

Haven't looked into FlowPlayer for a long time now... Anything interesting in it, compared with JW Player?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

BoxingChaos

Quote from: Arantor on April 28, 2010, 08:24:05 AM
nikan: See my note above on how to do it without touching a single theme file.

I am not sure what you are talking about until I get my hands dirty but I know you make sense. I will keep my eye on this topic :) TY

Arantor

Well, right now the mod modifies index.template.php, which means it has to be done for every theme individually.

By making the change I mention, you add it to an existing subsystem in SMF which should be displayed on every theme anyway, so it should just require a single edit to the core source, rather than one to every theme.

Kreator

Can you tell me why the embed code that is assessible in the control panel just links to media.com??..... and will the player be updated to the latest flowplayer version ?

nikan

Quote from: Kreator on May 17, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
Can you tell me why the embed code that is assessible in the control panel just links to media.com??
Can you be more specific? What is media.com?
Quote from: Kreator on May 17, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
..... and will the player be updated to the latest flowplayer version ?
Not necessary but probably, if i have time.

EDIT: Updated to latest version of FlowPlayer and changed the code to work on any theme (suggested by Arantor)

Raffoz

thanks for the mod...

some questions:
i want to use flowplayer to play some mp3 files...

1) can i replace the versions of the player in your package with newer ones?
2) how can i use th eplugin for mp3? http://flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/audio.html
3) how can i use this plugin too? http://flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/secure.html

thanks for the help...
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

nikan

This mod is given free as it is and has it's own license of the player. When you install it on your server you can change any file you want and alter the code as you like. If you want you can give any changes here to be added in the package.

1) In previous post you can download the beta with the new version of the player
2) Just copy the plugin to the same folder as flowplayer-3.2.1.swf
3) You need to add config parameters. If you do it post it here.

- danny

can't seem to get any video to actually play with this mod.

seems like it's always trying to load a video and when it's finally done, nothing loads.

did i miss something?

p.s.
i should also add that i'm getting an error in the admin log.
File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Post.template.php
Line: 851

i added it via the package manager and had to manually edit custom theme...

Advertisement: