News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

restore_backup.php problems..

Started by Tristan Perry, June 04, 2005, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Romil

Ya I do have all the installation intact in form of your bridged version.

BTW, I was trying this installation on SMF 1.1 and in the meantime, SMF 1.1.1 got in picture. Please suggest...
~Romil

Orstio

Reupload your SMF 1.1 RC1 files to match your SMF 1.1 RC1 database.

Make sure everything functions as it should.

Then upgrade to SMF 1.1.1.

~Romil

Before you adviced, I rather tried to upgrade the SMF 1.1 RC1 to 1.1.1 on original installation, it worked fine!

Now, I took a backup of the db there and saved it with removing the 'TIMESTAMP' issue.

Installed a fresh SMF 1.1.1 on another server and when uploaded the db I had in my hand, but strangely the posts still don't appear?

Any ideas, before I take a U turn to what Orstio suggested?
~Romil

sifirforum.com

when you optimeze tables before backup then restore proses runs perfect.

and mysql version is important. mysql 5 is not good for smf.
SIFIR proudly hosted by servega

BigGunn

i lost all of my threads and posts because of a "duplicate entry" error.

argh.

SleePy

You should have an empty database or have your mysql file empty it before you add everything back.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Han

When there is an update of the forumsoftware, can I than still use my old "create_backup.php" and "restore_backup.php" or will there be new versions of this two files as well?

I never used the "create_backup.php" and "restore_backup.php" files before. I always used phpmyadmin. I'm just curious how this works.
For restore in PHPMyAdmin I always had to cut my sql-file in pieces. If I don't do that, the server of my host times out on me. Cutting my sql-file in pieces is quite a job, so I wonder if backup and restore with "create_backup.php" and "restore_backup.php"  is easier for me.

Han

SleePy

I never used restore_backup and phpmyadmin has never gave me much trouble when I do use it which is seldom.

Did you try any and get it working?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Han

I'm sorry for not answering. I lost track of this topic.

No, I did not try it, because i do not want to temper my database if not nessesary. My host has now a backup and restore system. I can make backups online and I keep a backup on my own harddisk. I don't need it "restore_backup.php" anymore.

babjusi

How exactly those 2 files work? Sorry for this newbe question, but I can''t quite understand it.

Create_backup.php- This file should be uploaded to the webroot so it can make a back-up of database?  And the other file, restore_backup.php should be again uploaded to the webroot so it can restore the database? Did I get it right so far?

My other question is, after I upload, say, Create_backup.php to the webroot, what else should I do? Do I have to type s.th. to the broweser like. www.mysite.com/Create_backup.php and run it. Or should I do s.th else? All help is very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance for all your answers

greyknight17

Quote from: babjusi on May 29, 2007, 12:22:14 PM
How exactly those 2 files work? Sorry for this newbe question, but I can''t quite understand it.

Create_backup.php- This file should be uploaded to the webroot so it can make a back-up of database?  And the other file, restore_backup.php should be again uploaded to the webroot so it can restore the database? Did I get it right so far?

My other question is, after I upload, say, Create_backup.php to the webroot, what else should I do? Do I have to type s.th. to the broweser like. www.mysite.com/Create_backup.php and run it. Or should I do s.th else? All help is very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance for all your answers

You can upload it wherever you want. It will just be going after the database either way. It will prompt you to enter the login info and the database info. After that, depending on which file you are using, it will restore or backup your database.

I never use these two files either. I remember trying one of these out myself before and didn't work out quite as planned. Had to contact my webhost and everything was peachy after that ;)

Advertisement: