Blue Star Theme | Theme owner by Sh@rp hxxp:www.omernarin.com [nonactive]

sAce

Nice work, very neat and clean theme,

Kurakama

I like it, I will try it! ^_^! thanks!

Sakurachan

SilverlineWebSolutions

Hi there,

I downloaded this theme for my forum and have to say it is really professional. I changed some of the images, colours and text to fit my forum, but since upgrading from RC5 to version 2, my forum is broken and is not being displayed properly.

Is there any chance you could update the theme Sharp and make it work again? Link to my forum is below so you can see what's happened:

www(dot)silverlinewebsolutions(dot)co(dot)uk/forum/

I would really appreciated some help.
Many thanks,
Adam

MrGrumpy

the possession of knowledge is worthless unless imparted upon others
My Custom Themes
2.0 themes only - I don't do 1.1.x

SilverlineWebSolutions

Hi thanks for the fast response :)

Will this sort out my theme issues with it not displaying correctly? It seems a little tedious just to fix a few things?  :-\

MrGrumpy

It's what needs to be done to update a 2.0RC5 theme to 2.0 final, the theme author would need to do the exact same edits to update the theme them self but they haven't been online for a couple of months so you might be waiting around a while for them to update it.

Only they can update the download package so it's either wait around in the hope they update it or do it yourself - if you are unsure of doing it yourself pm me and we can sort something out.
My Custom Themes

SilverlineWebSolutions

Hi MrGrumpy,

I have already updated my forum to 2.0 using the SMF website upgrade package. Does the forum you linked me to include the manual changes, or must I still do them?

Just want to make sure I don't trawl through the list to find the changes have already been made :)

MrGrumpy

The link I gave is instructions to update the theme to work on a 2.0 forum. Updating your forum to 2.0 doesn't update the theme or make changes to the theme in anyway you have to do that yourself - if the theme contains any of the files named in that post then those files need to be updated - note that your theme may not contain all the files listed in that post so you may not have to do all the edits listed, if you can't find a file listed in your theme don't worry about it just move onto the next file edit, not all themes contain all those files.
My Custom Themes

SilverlineWebSolutions

MrGrumpy,

Thanks for your help. I'm working through the edits now.

SilverlineWebSolutions

Hi there,

My forum has not changed in style that I can see. Most of the files the document suggests are missing, but the template on my forum functioned fine before I updated my forum.

Any ideas please?

MrGrumpy

I'll pm you rather than filling this topic up with support that seems not related to the theme directly.
My Custom Themes

Nymeria

The drooping menu from navigation doesn't work with this theme, I don't know if the cause is I have installed 2.0.1 or if it's a bug of the theme, any solution?.

Thank you :)
Hielo y Fuego [nofollow] (Game of Thrones by HBO in Spanish).

ViewFromTheBoundary

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am wanting to use this theme for my forum, however it seems a lot of mods wont install on it. I presume this is something to do with it not being up to date with the latest version of SMF. How simple is it to update a theme to the new version of SMF and would it be possible for guidance of it.

olilibob

Please how do i change the blue star theme logo and put mine?

hijinx

I installed this on 2.0.7, looks great! The "Quick Reply" textbox is expanding all the way off screen to the right though, any simple fixes for this that I can go in an change?

for reference:

br360

In the theme's index.css find-

#quickReplyOptions form textarea
{
height: 100px;
        margin: 0.25em 0 1.0em 0;

change to-

#quickReplyOptions form textarea
{
height: 100px;
        width: 635px;