News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Menu Buttons

Started by 2by2host, September 29, 2008, 07:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

After the PHP update, I can not successfully uninstall the menu button mod(It shows all the errors if you attempt to uninstall).  With the amount of traffic on the site, I can #1 leave it and delete 18k errors a day or try to fix this.

Here is the error line   "list(, $lastmod) = each(array_reverse($twoby2host_modlist));" 

I have NO PROBLEM leaving their "credits" on the bottom of the page but would like to remove whatever internal link is for this.  They made it very clear that If anyone wants a fix for the free mod, they will have to find it in their budget to pay them. 

Yes I would delete it , Im not sure if rolling back my PHP to 5.6 from 7.0 will allow it and then update again?    I just cant have site crashed like updating Simple audio (A different topic posted in that area)

Ronald_1938

You will have to manually correct the errors then remove the menu mod, or run repair_settings.php and kick all the mod.'s out, then when done reinstall the mod.'s one by one, only the ones you want..

showngo

Thanks for the Repair_settings help. 

Ronald_1938

Quote from: showngo on August 15, 2017, 01:53:18 PM
Thanks for the Repair_settings help.

Run that and it will remove all the mod.'s, then when your ready just reinstall the ones you need..Works for me..I just used it to change my forum over from http:// to https://

Arantor

I don't think repair_settings will remove this mod. :(

showngo

That would suck.  This is what I get with them now.     I would love to get get the error log fixed.

vbgamer45

You may have to manually uninstall the mod. upload the mod to http://smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html  then follow the edits and reverse them to uninstall.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

I don't know if this will work for fixing the actual warning but you can try it. It doesn't help that you never actually said what the error message was... so I'm guessing what it's complaining about since the PHP 7 upgrade but based on what's changed in the language, I think this is a reasonable bet...

Try changing:

list(, $lastmod) = each(array_reverse($twoby2host_modlist));

to

$lastmod = array_pop($twoby2host_modlist);

This will be in the top level index.php.

Note that if you do ever play around uninstalling the mod, you will need to patch the uninstaller before trying to uninstall it, and the way they do copyright handling is both insidious and unnecessarily convoluted (not to mention, likely to break for so many reasons)

showngo

I will give that a try, this is what the wording is on the error log

Only variables should be passed by reference

Arantor

Yeah, I figured that's what it was since each() isn't meant to accept byrefs any more and this is going away in newer versions of PHP (you get two separate warnings on PHP 7.2 for this one line of code)

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Arantor on August 15, 2017, 02:18:31 PM
I don't think repair_settings will remove this mod. :(

Interesting Arantor..I was always told the repair_settings.php would remove all skins and mod.'s. I have done this maybe three times now and it seems to do the trick..But like you say, it may not remove this one mod.. Last time I did this, I did notice maybe two mod.,s' still working on the forum and yet it shows not installed, and today they are still not installed, but functioning well and no errors..

I still have a lot to learn about running SMF

Arantor

Oh, it'll mark everything uninstalled and potentially remove hook mods but this mod uses none of that.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Arantor on August 15, 2017, 06:48:01 PM
Oh, it'll mark everything uninstalled and potentially remove hook mods but this mod uses none of that.

Thanks, good to know and I'll remember this in the future, all mod.'s are different then.

Advertisement: