News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Guest Registration Notification

Started by live627, June 18, 2010, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abraamz

i would prefer warning to appear on the top of the page, maybe even float there!
can this be made with css?

ascaland

Quote from: abraamz on February 20, 2011, 04:15:27 PM
i would prefer warning to appear on the top of the page, maybe even float there!

Yes actually. In the admin CP I editted the box's CSS with these attributes,
position: fixed;
border: 1px solid #cc3344;
top: 30px;
background-color: #ffe4e9;
margin-left: 35%;

trilap5e

Mod site says that its rc5 compat- but it won't install. also the code parser says it's not compatible. do i need to be running rc4 emulation?

ascaland

Thanks for letting me know, I have just updated the modification.

Clickout

Thanks project evolution for providing this mod. I'm using the mod and it's amazing!

desibees

2 major things, please help out.

Even tho i checked it in the mod settings, the message wont appear on the index page (www.mysite.com) and *inside* the actual topics/posts. Not too worried about having it "inside the actual topic/posts" but how do u make it appear on the index page? it only appears only the... Thingie where u can see the title of all topics..

oh and.

Quotei would prefer warning to appear on the top of the page, maybe even float there!

is this really possible? if yes, please gimme step by step instructions. I just installed your mod.

I was looking for a mod in which ^^^ that is possible from past 10 hours, I hope my searching stops here.

I'm the.. Help abuser

ascaland

Are you using a custom theme?

For the floating bar:
Quote from: Project Evolution on February 20, 2011, 08:05:59 PM
Yes actually. In the admin CP I editted the box's CSS with these attributes,
position: fixed;
border: 1px solid #cc3344;
top: 30px;
background-color: #ffe4e9;
margin-left: 35%;

desibees

mate, im completely ... kinda new.
Yes, im using custom theme.
Please don't just copy paste that stuff.

i really don't know which file to edit, where to edit, what to edit.

I'm the.. Help abuser

ascaland

Quote from: desibees on April 02, 2011, 10:37:51 PM
mate, im completely ... kinda new.
Yes, im using custom theme.
Please don't just copy paste that stuff.

i really don't know which file to edit, where to edit, what to edit.

For custom themes you have to find the template edits in the mod and place them in your theme's template files.

And those attributes are placed in the admin CP where the mod asks Edit box and border CSS. Just stick that CSS in the textbox.

desibees

QuoteFor custom themes you have to find the template edits in the mod and place them in your theme's template files.

isnt this already done automatically if i.. installed the mod on my custom theme?

I'm the.. Help abuser

ascaland

Quote from: desibees on April 02, 2011, 10:47:11 PM

QuoteFor custom themes you have to find the template edits in the mod and place them in your theme's template files.

isnt this already done automatically if i.. installed the mod on my custom theme?

If you chose to install it with the custom theme. Doing it yourself if there were errors or you skipped the step in the instalaltion. If it installed and it isnt even showing up on the index page, something went wrong.

desibees

its showing up.... definitely. but not on the page im looking for. can u help me through TV please?

I'm the.. Help abuser

ascaland

Quote from: desibees on April 02, 2011, 10:54:40 PM
its showing up.... definitely. but not on the page im looking for. can u help me through TV please?

Well earlier you said it wasnt displaying on the index page. What is the page your looking for? Can I have a link to your site?

desibees

gah mate, i created my site yesterday ,was having tons of problem with every mod and now just got pissed and reinstall the whole site. Is it possible if you can install this mod on my forum through TV before i install anything else?

I'm the.. Help abuser

ascaland

Quote from: desibees on April 02, 2011, 11:13:12 PM
gah mate, i created my site yesterday ,was having tons of problem with every mod and now just got pissed and reinstall the whole site. Is it possible if you can install this mod on my forum through TV before i install anything else?

Contact me on MSN then.

desibees

I'm the.. Help abuser

ascaland

Quote from: desibees on April 02, 2011, 11:18:07 PM
i don't....... have... your msn

Have you ever though about looking in my profile..?

desibees

I did, but i never saw that msn icon lol. im sorry, sec

I'm the.. Help abuser

denisoi

hello Project Evolution

can u explain me wich i must to modify to can have this mode one custom theme ? i just instaled and on my theme doesent work , only to the default ..

thanks
Castiga bani din freerolluri

ascaland

Manual Installation of Mods - Skip down to XML Format Instructions.

Basically, you just need to put the code that the mod edits in the template files, into your theme's  template files.

Advertisement: