1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel D.

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 03, 2005, 03:29:32 PM
What is the difference between a "regular group" and a "non-postcounted rank"?
*lol* We had some confusions with names of membergroups in SMF, too - remember? ;)

Celtland

You're far from ignorant!  :)

I was trying to use as little words as possible - it's my fault for not explaining better.  I don't know phpBB very well, either.  ;)  phpBB allows you to have the equivalent (though far from it really - SMF is superior by far) of membergroups here (you can assign permissions to them) - I'm calling them "regular groups".  phpBB also has ranks - perfectly useless as far as permissions go - they are just for show.  We have many ranks on our site - all of which are awarded (manually) based on performance rather than post count.  The converter is transferring over the "regular groups" very well, as well as administrators.  It also is tranferring the only group we have based on post counts - you need 0 posts to be in this group - it's the one new members default into when joining.  All of these gruops show up when you go into the admin area and click on Membergroups.  All of the ranks we have do not show up after converting.  Instead, every member is placed into the default group - because we all have more than 0 posts (I think).

To be honest - I can work around this no problem.  I want to get all the attachments converted more than anything.  I just installed 1.1 B3P for the first time an hour ago and would much rather use that for our new forums than 1.0.5.  Some of the files didn't convert with the 1.0.5 converter (not too many to fix manually :)).  Nothing except avatars made it over with the 1.1 converter.
Is maith an scáthán súil carad.

A friends eye is a good mirror.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Celtland on August 03, 2005, 03:52:14 PM
I was trying to use as little words as possible - it's my fault for not explaining better.  I don't know phpBB very well, either.  ;)  phpBB allows you to have the equivalent (though far from it really - SMF is superior by far) of membergroups here (you can assign permissions to them) - I'm calling them "regular groups".  phpBB also has ranks - perfectly useless as far as permissions go - they are just for show.  We have many ranks on our site - all of which are awarded (manually) based on performance rather than post count.  The converter is transferring over the "regular groups" very well, as well as administrators.  It also is tranferring the only group we have based on post counts - you need 0 posts to be in this group - it's the one new members default into when joining.  All of these gruops show up when you go into the admin area and click on Membergroups.  All of the ranks we have do not show up after converting.  Instead, every member is placed into the default group - because we all have more than 0 posts (I think).

That's a bit different from how SMF works.  In SMF, you are always in a postgroup.  You can be in many different membergroups, but always at least, and no more than, one postgroup.

But, you'd want this as the displayed group anyway - right?  Just be warned that both "non-postcounted" and "postcounted" ranks will show, to put it in phpBB terminology.

Are they not postgroups when "rank_special" is 1?

To be honest - I can work around this no problem.  I want to get all the attachments converted more than anything.  I just installed 1.1 B3P for the first time an hour ago and would much rather use that for our new forums than 1.0.5.  Some of the files didn't convert with the 1.0.5 converter (not too many to fix manually :)).  Nothing except avatars made it over with the 1.1 converter.

The new converter I just attached should solve both the ones that didn't go this time, and the ones that didn't go before.  Tell me if not.

-[Unknown]

Celtland

I ran the new converter once and got the following:

Converting attachment mod (if installed)...
Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/2.0.11_view_ip_on_thread_153.txt (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 52

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/flipstunt_656.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 52

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/mods_to_mttm_boards_143.doc (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 52

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/cannon_202.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 52

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/misc13_568.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 52
Successful.

I skipped a lot.  I think it generated one for every attachment.

QuoteJust be warned that both "non-postcounted" and "postcounted" ranks will show, to put it in phpBB terminology.

Thanks.  I'll remember this.  :D

QuoteAre they not postgroups when "rank_special" is 1?

As far as I can tell, when "rank_special" is 1 they are ranks (membergroup with no permissions to set - in phpBB) only.  The only postgroup (the default group) that tranferred has "rank_special" set to 0.

[Unknown]

Okay, can you try the attached?

-[Unknown]

Celtland

Thanks for all of your quick responses to this.  :)

Here's what I got - for all attachments again:

Converting attachment mod (if installed)...
Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/2.0.11_view_ip_on_thread_153.txt (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 53

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/flipstunt_656.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 53

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/cannon_202.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 53

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/misc13_568.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 53
Successful.

Celtland

I'm sorry.  I forgot to look at membergroups.  The default postgroup and ALL membergroups (ranks) transferred over.  All members were still placed in the default postgroup.

** Edit **

I'm not trying to be picky (because this one's a very easy fix).  Moderators from phpBB 2.0.17 are not transferring into the Moderator or Global Moderator Group.  Thanks again for all your hard work.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Celtland on August 03, 2005, 05:41:25 PM
/home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/2.0.11_view_ip_on_thread_153.txt

So... erm... where is this file, then?  I assume it's not in the above path.

I've checked on the moderators and I think I can make it do them.  The ranks should also be fine too.  I have to test it, though.

-[Unknown]

Celtland

I may have to wait to test it more.  We are changing servers righ now and started everything propagating earlier today.  I apologize if that has been the problem to begin with and again thank you for all your efforts.

gh0stw4lk3r

i also am trying to switch from phpbb to smf, but having problems converting the topics.

i first did a check on the database to make sure there are no duplicate entry's or other strange things.
results of test:

Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_auth_access ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_banlist ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_categories ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_config ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_confirm ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_disallow ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_forum_prune ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_forums ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_groups ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_posts ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_posts_text ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_privmsgs ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_privmsgs_text ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_ranks ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_search_results ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_search_wordlist ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_search_wordmatch ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_sessions ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_smilies ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_themes ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_themes_name ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_topics ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_topics_watch ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_user_group ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_users ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_vote_desc ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_vote_results ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_vote_voters ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb2_words ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_addons ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_album ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_album_cat ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_album_comment ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_album_config ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_album_rate ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_auth_access ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_banlist ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_bans ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_blocks ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_cal_config ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_calendar ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_categories ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_chatbox ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_chatbox_session ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_config ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_confirm ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_connections ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_disallow ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_favorites ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_forum_prune ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_forums ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_groups ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_ignors ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_liw_cache ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_messages ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_messages_comments ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_posts ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_posts_text ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_privmsgs ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_privmsgs_text ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_quickstats ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_ranks ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_report ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_report_cat ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_report_config ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_rooms ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_search_results ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_search_wordlist ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_search_wordmatch ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_sessions ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_smilies ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_stats_config ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_stats_modules ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_themes ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_themes_name ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_topics ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_topics_watch ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_user_group ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_users ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_vote_desc ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_vote_results ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_vote_voters ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_words ... OK
Now checking and repairing table phpbb_xtras ... OK

but when converting it still gives me errors like this:

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `fzrclub_nl`.smf_topics
(ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_BOARD, ID_POLL, locked, numReplies, numViews)
VALUES ('520', '0', '4703', '4711', '156', '156', '4', '', '0', '6', '121'),
('521', '0', '4709', '4909', '15', '41', '5', '', '0', '4', '140'),
('522', '0', '4726', '4910', '41', '41', '5', '', '0', '9', '129'),
('523', '0', '4732', '4756', '136', '136', '3', '', '0', '4', '65'),
('524', '0', '4733', '4863', '156', '-1', '4', '', '0', '11', '193'),
('525', '0', '4734', '10066', '-1', '41', '4', '', '0', '3', '146'),
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '520' for key 1

[Unknown]

Is the forum in use?  New posts cannot be made while the converter is going, I fear.

-[Unknown]

gh0stw4lk3r

the old forum is in use yes.

so what u say is that it is only possible to convert when the old forum is not in use? (ex: disable board?)

[Unknown]

Yes, I'm afraid.  You only have to disable it for a few minutes.  You may not have to disable it if no one is using it, but it's just not as safe unforuntately.

-[Unknown]

gh0stw4lk3r

tnx for the fast reply's uknown,
but still having the same error mesages :(

www.fzrclub.nl/smf is what it looks like right now, i cant even login due to nu users have been transfered ( as well as the posts)

Celtland

I was getting errors like these:

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/wf-shapes_882.zip (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/community/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 53

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/modstoth/public_html/mttmcommunity/attachments/mods_to_mttm_boards_143.doc (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/modstoth/public_html/community/convert.php(621) : eval()'d code on line 53

And then as I was reading it over I realized... phpBB keeps all attachments in a folder called "files."  I renamed that folder to "attachments" and everything successfully transferred.  All of the attachments are in the attachments folder - however, there are no links to the attachments in any posts.

gh0stw4lk3r

still no luck on my site :(

it keeps giving me errors on duplicate entry's

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `fzrclub_nl`.smf_topics
(ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_BOARD, ID_POLL, locked, numReplies, numViews)
VALUES ('2566', '0', '45975', '46015', '-1', '-1', '5', '', '0', '2', '78'),
('2567', '0', '45979', '46274', '505', '262', '2', '', '0', '16', '211'),
('2568', '0', '46011', '50017', '541', '530', '4', '', '0', '9', '213'),
('2569', '0', '46041', '47262', '369', '233', '9', '', '0', '17', '263'),
('2570', '0', '46080', '50338', '-1', '233', '4', '', '0', '13', '201'),

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '2761' for key 1

i have disabled the board, i do not have acces to phpmyadmin at my work, but have a script that kan check if there are dbproblems as shown a few posts before, that script returns no errors

what do i need to do to correctly transfer my forum?
anyone who can help me with that?

Celtland

Yeah - I'm an idiot.  I had attachments disabled because I didn't want anyone posting them while I was trying to get everything worked out.  They're all there and attached to posts.  Great converter, [Unknown].  Thank you for all of your help.  :)

Jay T

I am converting phpbb2-->SMF and this is the message I am getting.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

Celtland

Are both of the forums on the same domain?  If so, you may have to add permissions so that your SMF boards can access you phpBB boards (I also ran into this problem when I was converting).  If you have access to you MySQL databases - you need to add the user *name*_smf1 (or whatever number after smf is the database you plan to convert phpbb to) to the database *name*_phpbb1 (or again - which ever phpbb database you will be converting from) with ALL priveleges.

Jay T

Quote from: Celtland on August 05, 2005, 02:11:41 PM
If you have access to you MySQL databases - you need to add the user *name*_smf1 (or whatever number after smf is the database you plan to convert phpbb to) to the database *name*_phpbb1 (or again - which ever phpbb database you will be converting from) with ALL priveleges.

Thanks your response!

Edit: I got the converter to start and ran into a problem converting the members. Here is the error message.

images/avatars/175689279642bd889a626a8.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXXXX/public_html/smf/convert.php(758) : eval()'d code on line 33

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'

Advertisement: