Minimum Post Count

Started by gallitin, August 03, 2010, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallitin

I'm trying to find a mod/need a mod that will allow me to make certain boards require a minimum post count to enter.  I still would like the uses to be able to see that the board exists, but then when clicked on to enter it would take to a page/popup that would say that they cannot enter due to their post count not meeting the requirement of 25 to enter.
-gall

kat

Won't that just encourage people to post total crap, to gain access?

gallitin

I'm not quite sure, but I have 5k members now and not much posting but everyone is always viewing the forums.  I thought it would be worth a try to have the most popular board by views to be locked and see how that goes for 90 days or so.  If at that point it is an issue I can always go back.  I have a mod team that can try to keep the spamming to a minimum.
-gall

kat

I must have asked this question a million times, here... ;)

Which version of SMF are you using?

gallitin

-gall

gallitin

I'm not sure, I'll give them a try now.
-gall

gallitin

Quote from: K@ on August 03, 2010, 03:56:24 PM
Any of these do the job?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2309

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=610

The first one looks as though it would, but getting this error:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

The second option, no doesn't do what I need it to.
-gall

kat

Yeah, that's why I asked what version you're using. That mod's for v2.x.

Looks like you need to ask for the mod to be adapted for v1.1.11, I'm afraid.

gallitin

Yes, or upgrade to 2.x looks like the quicker solution.
-gall

kat

That's not recommended for a "live" site.

Loads of people DO use it, though, so it's your call. ;)

BACKUP FIRST!!!

:)

gallitin

Yeah, I just read that, worth a try on dev site I guess.  Thanks for the help.
-gall

kat

No problem!

Make sure you backup the database, because there's no way to go back to v1.1.11 unless you do.

gallitin

Well, just finished updating, and still the same error with that mod...any suggestions?
-gall

TheListener

Can you please do the following.

1. Let us know what the error is

kat

As I assume you're using RC3 and that mod is for RC2, you'll need "Emulation mode", when you install it.

gallitin

Ah, ok, I'm not familiar with that, how would I install in emulation mode?
-gall

gallitin

Actually, I have found that part, but if I change from SMF 2.0 RC3 to SMF 2.0 RC2 will that make my other packages that are written for RC3 not work?
-gall

TheListener

You don't.

Below the list of the mods on the right hand side is a link which says advanced.

Click on there

they will still work as once you have finished installing the mod then hopefully you will remember to change it back to RC3.

gallitin

Ok, installed, but didn't work correctly and crashed the forums, uninstalled and back to normal now.  Anyone have any other mods that might do this minimum post count thing I need?
-gall

Advertisement: