News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

IUMQ - Install & Uninstall Mods Quickly (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 08, 2010, 08:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Link to Mod

IUMQ - Install & Uninstall Mods Quickly

- For SMF 2.0.x
- Fully hook, no file modification.

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. This mod will add a Reinstall and Delete link to the page that appears after the mod is uninstalled.
3. Similarly a Uninstall link is added to page which appears after mod is installed.
4. This enables you to remove and re-install mods quickly.
5. Upon successful installation, you will be directed to Mod Settings page where you can turn this mod on/off.
6. You can test it in lower SMF 2.0.x version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep original and current authors' link(s) if it is in there somewhere. ;)

Original Author: Joker™
Alternative Support Site: BurkeKnight Enterprises

#Changes Log

@Version 1.5.1
- Re-upgraded to be a fully hook mod with no file modification for SMF 2.0.x.

@Version 1.5.0m
- Downgraded to a partly hook mod due to undefined errors.

@Version 1.5.0
- The mod is now maintained by ahrasis.
- Upgraded to a fully hook mod.

@Version 1.4.0
- Compatible with SMF 2.0 final
- License added to the mod

@Version 1.3.0
- Language files sorted out.
- Added support for Turkish language
- Compatible with RC4

@Version 1.2.0
- Added support for portuguese language.
- Added " Delete Button " on page that appears after uninstalling the mod . Now you can delete the mod directly after uninstalling the mod without going to mod list page.

@Version 1.1.0
- Added support for Russian language

@Version 1.0.0
- Initial release.

#Important Notes For Translators
- Language can simply be created and added on your own.
- Simply copy, translate and save current english language file to IUMQ.yourforumlanguage.php.
- Upload it to this mod support page if you want it to be attached together with the main file.
- There are cahnges in text strings, that is why the current translation is not re-added.

Afro

Ok. So the purpose of this is to re-install mods quickly after uninstall and to uninstall quickly after install
So that the codes wont have time to destroy something inside the files.

Great!!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Good work Joker. A very helpful mod indeed.

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Joker™

Thanks everyone for nice comments :).

Ported means ? as i wrote it on mod site also

Quote(Made it specifically for my mods testing)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

DoctorMalboro

Cool mod, actually... very useful and it can be a very nice feature (the re-install of mods)

Sabre™

Quote from: Joker™ on August 09, 2010, 10:25:24 AM
Ported means ? as i wrote it on mod site also

There had been an smf1 version for years. It might be in archives now.
Ported = made compatible(in a rough sense) 
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Joker™

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 09, 2010, 10:54:08 AM
There had been an smf1 version for years. It might be in archives now.
ohh , never knew it
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Good work, this will be good on a testing forum :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Bugo

Joker™

Quote from: Bugo on August 12, 2010, 07:03:17 AM
Russian translation
Thanks a lot bro , will add this in next update :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

sAce

Nice tools for mod developers , good job buddy

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: S-Ace on August 12, 2010, 02:44:24 PM
Nice tools for mod developers , good job buddy

We should make this a core feature, not for the public, but for a homebrew version of smf lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

sAce

I dont think this will be very useful for General Admins , i mean why the hell would you install then uninstall and then again re install ( unless broken )

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: S-Ace on August 12, 2010, 02:53:01 PM
I dont think this will be very useful for General Admins , i mean why the hell would you install then uninstall and then again re install ( unless broken )

Actually come to think of if, its not that useful for testing, I mean for what it says its for and it does well..

For testing, you install check for errors then uninstall, remove and then upload and install your changed package...

SMF 2.0 RC5

Joker™

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 12, 2010, 03:16:48 PM

Actually come to think of if, its not that useful for testing, I mean for what it says its for and it does well..

For testing, you install check for errors then uninstall, remove and then upload and install your changed package...
I rarely re-install my test site. Most of my mods are still installed on it.Many time there is file clashes between 2 mods , so at that time i felt need for this mod , that's why i wrote this
QuoteMade it specifically for my mods testing
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Joker™ on August 12, 2010, 03:32:07 PM
Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 12, 2010, 03:16:48 PM

I rarely re-install my test site. Most of my mods are still installed on it.Many time there is file clashes between 2 mods , so at that time i felt need for this mod , that's why i wrote this
QuoteMade it specifically for my mods testing

And it does its job well :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

blow

It's a very helpful mod, thank you.

Here are the words for: portuguese_br, portuguese_br-utf8, portuguese_pt and portuguese_pt-utf8:

$txt['click'] = 'Clique aqui para ';
$txt['reinstall'] = 'Reinstalar';
$txt['mod'] =' o Pacote';

;)

live627

Someone beat me to making this. Shh, quiet.

Advertisement: