News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrading forum, smf_log_online issue

Started by johnandmarlena, August 15, 2010, 05:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnandmarlena

I can't access anything on my forum (not even the admin part), so I figured I'd just do the updating, and I was hoping this would work, but when I click for the upgrade it just says this in response.

QuoteUpgrading...
Updating Settings.php... Successful.
Updating and creating indexes...
    Updating indexes on "messages"... done.
    Updating table indexes... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SHOW INDEX
    FROM smf_log_online;

Caused the error:

Table './johnandm_forum/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

I'm clueless about this stuff, so is there any way someone would be kind enough to explain it in English for me to understand?

Thanks for ANY help!

Kays

Hi, in your site control panel > phpMyAdmin. Go to the smf_log_online table, then click on "Operations" at the top. On that page should be the option to "Repair". Clicking on that should repair that table. Then re-run the upgrade.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

johnandmarlena

That's the problem, I couldn't get IN to that site, so I had to do the upgrade outside. I did the webinstall thing.

Kays

The thing is that you need database access to repair that table. Can your host be of assistance?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

johnandmarlena

My domain host? Or smf host? Is there something I can do through ftp client?

Kays

FTP won't do it. You need databese access.

Who is hosting your forums? Do you have some sort of control panel access?

My Mods

johnandmarlena

I own the domain, but hosting would be SurpassHosting (right?). I guess I can go in through johnandmarlena:2082, but I don't know where to go and what to look for.

Kays

For your hosting at SurpassHosting there must be some sort of control panel. In there should be some form of database management tool. phpMyAdmin is the most common one. This will allow you to repair that table so you can proceed with the conversion.

Do you currently have any access to your forums? If so, there is the option to repair or optimize the database in the Admin CP under Maintenance.

My Mods

johnandmarlena

Nope, no access it says maintenance mode, which came when I tried to upgrade.

Yes! I found that... Do you happen to know how to repair the table?

Thanks again for this, and sorry I'm such a pain - I'm just too clueless about this.

Kays

If that is phpMyAdmin, then use the following steps

Quote from: Kays on August 15, 2010, 06:50:37 PM
Go to the smf_log_online table, then click on "Operations" at the top. On that page should be the option to "Repair". Clicking on that should repair that table. Then re-run the upgrade.

My Mods

johnandmarlena

I find it just fine, and it says it's fixed on the php thingy, but when I rerun the install, it doesn't work. Could it take time to like register or something...?

Still says this: "Table './johnandm_forum/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"

Kays

It should be instantaneous. Maybe try optimizing it.

Can you access that table in phpMyAdmin and see the rows?

My Mods

johnandmarlena

I can click on it, but what do the rows look like?

Quote* Browse
    * Structure
    * SQL
    * Search
    * Insert
    * Export
    * Import
    * Operations
    * Empty
    * Drop

#145 - Table './johnandm_forum/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
SELECT *
FROM `smf_log_online`
LIMIT 0 , 30
[ Edit ] [ Explain SQL ] [ Create PHP Code ] [ Refresh ]

Error

SQL query: Edit

SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM `smf_log_online` ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#145 - Table './johnandm_forum/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Open new phpMyAdmin windowOpen new phpMyAdmin window

This is all I get when I click on that table.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Go to phpmyadmin --> select your database ---> select smf_log_online and then in the drop down at the bottom, Select "Repair".

johnandmarlena

That's what I've done 5 times now, and it still says that it has crashed.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

After repairing, does it say that it is repaired or gives out some other message?

johnandmarlena

It says that it is repaired, which is why I'm so confused. So I guess that it is that it just happens again and again or something.

Kays

It looks like it's unable to repair it.

Two things to try. First try emptying that table. It's one of that buttons when viewing that table.

If that still fails. Under "Operations" rename that table. Then create a copy of it with the name of the original table (smf_log_online). Structure only, no data. That table can be empty.

My Mods

johnandmarlena

Yay, so that worked fine (yay!), but now the smileys aren't co-operating. Can I delete that like the same way?

QuoteThis query:

ALTER TABLE smf_smileys
    ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

Kays

My Mods

Advertisement: