News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RIAST - Remove Index & Add Smart Title For SEO (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 20, 2010, 03:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Link to Mod

RIAST - Remove Index From Title (& Add Smart Title) For SEO

- For SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x
- Fully hook, no file modification for SMF 2.0.x.

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. On default the "- Index" can be seen on the browser as forum index page title and this mod when enabled will remove it.
3. This mod will now also change your forum title from "page title" to "forum name - page title".
4. Upon its successful installation, you will be directed to modsettings page where you can enable/disable this mod.
5. There is nothing fancy about this mod as it is just a simple trick to boost a bit of SEO (at least IMO).
6. You can test it in lower SMF 2.0.x and 1.1.x version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)
7. For SMF 1.1x - this mod now requires Enhanced Mod Settings Page mod to be pre-installed (EMSPv100.zip is attached).

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep author's link if it is in there somewhere. ;)

Change Logs
#Version 1.3.0
- Rewriting the mod to fully use hooks for SMF 2.0.x
- Thus, no more file modifications.

#Version 1.2.1
- Fixing minor issues due to adding smart title.

#Version 1.2.0
- Add smart title instead of just removing index.

#Version 1.1.1
- Add option to turn it on and off.

#Version 1.1.0
- Covers both SMF version 1.1.x and 2.0.x

# Version 1.0.0
- Simply removes "- Index" from the forum title which can be seen in the browser.

smitch6

not sure why but i've had this on my forum RC4 for ages and the index is still there
i just tried it on another forum RC5 and it didn't work?
i've done a full browser reset
i'm using safari on a mac
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

weerforum

May I know what is your forum version, weerforum? I have just tested this on 2.0.2 forum last month and it was fine.

Quote from: Ahmad Rasyid Ismail on August 20, 2010, 03:31:12 AM
On default the "- Index" can be seen on the browser.

This mod simply will remove this "- Index" from the forum title.

Just to confirm, are you looking for this effect or something else?

weerforum

That is removing index.php. You can use this mod here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2709 i.e. RIPITP.zip to remove index.php in three main places (advisable) or RemoveIndexPhpFromUrl111.zip to remove index.php totally from your forum (not advisable as it breaks few things especially if you are using seo/sef mod).

weerforum

You might have modified you Subs.php file most probably by portal mod. You may need to manually modify the relevant files if you want to continue. The mod also only support default curve theme. All other theme might have to be edited manually also. Do not proceed unless you know what you are doing.

I just updated the mod page with RIPFUC which stands for Remove Index.Php from URL completely. You might want to try that instead. This is safer than the previous one. You can revert back to me if there is any problem.

Shambles

Thanks for reminding me about that. I will change the name soon. :)

DarkT3rror

to me works perfectly! ;) ;) GJ ahmad

weerforum

Quote from: Ahmad Rasyid Ismail on December 21, 2012, 04:15:51 AM
You might have modified you Subs.php file most probably by portal mod. You may need to manually modify the relevant files if you want to continue. The mod also only support default curve theme. All other theme might have to be edited manually also. Do not proceed unless you know what you are doing.

I just updated the mod page with RIPFUC which stands for Remove Index.Php from URL completely. You might want to try that instead. This is safer than the previous one. You can revert back to me if there is any problem.

Perfect Ahmad Rasyid Ismail

Thnx verry much  ;)

You are welcome. If you face any problem at all with that mod, do ask for support in its thread here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=396728.0

N i g h t m a r e

This mod is updated. Details are in the opening post.

- This mod will now also change your forum title from "page title" to "forum name - page title".
- Upon its successful installation, you will be directed to mod settings page where you can enable/disable this mod.
-  For SMF 1.1x - this mod now requires Enhanced Mod Settings Page mod to be pre-installed (EMSPv100.zip).

Rain Forest

Thank you. It will take sometimes before search engines populates their searches based on this new "smart" title (not really smart actually ;) ). Try to see its results after a month or so.

Updated to version 1.3.0 ;)

Change Logs
#Version 1.3.0
- Rewriting the mod to fully use hooks for SMF 2.0.x
- Thus, no more file modifications.

#Version 1.2.1
- Fixing minor issues due to adding smart title.

#Version 1.2.0
- Add smart title instead of just removing index.

#Version 1.1.1
- Add option to turn it on and off.

#Version 1.1.0
- Covers both SMF version 1.1.x and 2.0.x

# Version 1.0.0
- Simply removes "- Index" from the forum title which can be seen in the browser.

clownclone

I found that with this mod (latest version with hook) installed and running on SMF 2.08 today 29 Aug 2014 that when I went to logout from my smf forum it wouldn't allow me...it couldn't find it's referer and I had to turn off and uninstall the mod to logout.

Can you please provide more details like your error log both from your forum side and server side? As this mod doesn't deal with login or logout or menu etc. It is also being tested live and failed to have such an error before. I need details of error and not a mere claim like this to help. Otherwise, IMO it could be caused by session time out or other mods.

Advertisement: