News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AWSP - Add WebSite Permission (Partially Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, September 13, 2010, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualdave

Has anyone tried using the parser and running this on 1.1.11?
vd

Oya

looks liek it would need to get totally rewritten for 1.1.11

Matthew K.

And I doubt that's going to happen, saying the mod author is trying to get rid of all of his mods now.

Joker™

Quote from: ®SirtLan on September 15, 2010, 07:16:11 AM
translation in german

<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.german.php">
<operation>
  <search position="end" />
   <add><![CDATA[
// Permission Mod translation by SirtLanVadisi.net
    $txt['permissionname_add_website'] = 'Kann Webseite Adresse zufügen';
    $txt['permissionhelp_add_website'] = 'Webseite und die URL der Nutzer im Forum und Profil angezeigt.';
// End Permission Mod translation by SirtLanVadisi.net
   ]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.german-utf8.php">
<operation>
  <search position="end" />
   <add><![CDATA[
// Permission Mod translation by SirtLanVadisi.net
    $txt['permissionname_add_website'] = 'Kann Webseite Adresse zufügen';
    $txt['permissionhelp_add_website'] = 'Webseite und die URL der Nutzer im Forum und Profil angezeigt.';
// End Permission Mod translation by SirtLanVadisi.net
   ]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Translation added , thanks for providing it.

Quote from: virtualdave on September 15, 2010, 04:57:36 PM
Has anyone tried using the parser and running this on 1.1.11?
vd
Sorry for getting to your request late , right now there were some major issues in my real life was sorting them out. Today i'm bit free if i get time i'll try to make it compatible to SMF 1x series also.

Mod Updated to version 1.2 , removing this bug
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Oya

doesnt seem to fix it :( not sure what its doing now but dont look liek its right

i got users who should be seeing links but cant and users who shouldnt but can

Joker™

Quote from: Oya on September 19, 2010, 11:53:02 AM
i got users who should be seeing links but cant and users who shouldnt but can
package updated ;)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Oya

taht change doesnt fix it

all ur chekcing is whether the user is a regular member or not which doesnt solve the problem

u need to actually check the other users permission

Joker™

Quote from: Oya on September 19, 2010, 02:55:47 PM
taht change doesnt fix it

all ur chekcing is whether the user is a regular member or not which doesnt solve the problem

u need to actually check the other users permission
I tested it for moderators , regular members . And which thing it doesn't fix ? as for me if the user's user group doesn't have permission to add then websites url and title won't load his group , but he can still see members belonging to other groups website's title and url .

Can you put some more light what mistake i need to rectify ? A huge thanks to you for point the bugs ;) . (Working on 1x series version also)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Oya

in my forum its done on post count groups so teh newbie group ( less than 50 posts) doesnt have permisson to post links in teh website area or they have to be in a premium vip group

but they should be able to see all those who can right? except i got some users who have say 40 posts and not in the group who can see urls of people who have permission themselves and i got some users who have 50 posts and in the vip group who cant see

cant give a link tho...

Joker™

Quote from: Oya on September 19, 2010, 04:17:35 PM
in my forum its done on post count groups so teh newbie group ( less than 50 posts) doesnt have permisson to post links in teh website area or they have to be in a premium vip group

but they should be able to see all those who can right? except i got some users who have say 40 posts and not in the group who can see urls of people who have permission themselves and i got some users who have 50 posts and in the vip group who cant see

cant give a link tho...
in short you mean post group is creating the problem.

*Edit - the problem comes
If a member has no regular group , only having a post group , then he can see website link of those group members also who don't have permission to show there websites .

Am i correct this time ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Oya

yeah thats the problem

ur mod only checks for (non)existence of primary group but it should actually check the permissons properly of each meber if ur going to do that since not everyone will do it my way and not veryone does it teh way u did sorry :(

Joker™

Quote from: Oya on September 20, 2010, 08:53:03 AM
yeah thats the problem

ur mod only checks for (non)existence of primary group but it should actually check the permissons properly of each meber if ur going to do that since not everyone will do it my way and not veryone does it teh way u did sorry :(
and how to accomplish this in your way ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Oya

i didnt say i knew how to do that cuz i dont its much too coplex for me but thats what ud have to do to be sure it was right

probly very slow too

Joker™

Quote from: Oya on September 20, 2010, 09:01:40 AM
i didnt say i knew how to do that cuz i dont its much too coplex for me but thats what ud have to do to be sure it was right

probly very slow too
the mod is really much tricky (at least for me) then it seems . Now as i know the bug i can work in right direction . Let's see what can i come up with.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

NathanC

Is there anyway you can make this compatible with 1.1.12? This is the exact mod I need, only it's incompatible.  ;D
Apple's got an app for that. SMF's got a mod for that.

}{ellKnight

I second NathanC's request. I'm running on 1.1.12 myself and tried coding it in manually but I wasn't able to do that so a 1.1.12 version or some instructions on how to set it up for that version would be greatly appreciated :)

HK

Joker™

While updating my mods I think this mod requires some special attention as it is very tricky mod. I'll try to rearrange and update this mod in upcoming days.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

You should be able to do it fairly easily by using an integration hook, and unset();.

Joker™

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 17, 2011, 01:56:18 PM
You should be able to do it fairly easily by using an integration hook, and unset();.
I'm not familiar with the hooks, just got the wiki link for it. I think have to read a lot that how to use these hooks first :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

I'll shoot you a couple of helpful Hook links in a PM. And you can ask me any questions if you want.

Advertisement: