News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public!

Started by [Unknown], June 26, 2005, 10:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolparth

Hello if u use downl;oad accelerator, disable browser integration & exit from it before installing any packages .
If u keep it one...it downloads u r package...
Hope this helps anyone exp this problem

Xarcell

I dunno what a download accelerator is...

Anyways, I was just looking at my website 5 minutes ago didn't touch a thing. Now I refresh and I get this:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

All my other websites work fine. Including a my other freshly installed 1.1b.

EDIT: I just noticed that if I click the link from my previous post, the site comes up. However, when I visit the index, I get the STU problem.

EDIT: I was able to look at my error log, there are no other errors showing. BTW, I get 192 GB data transfer a month, the most I've ever used is 10GB in a month. So far this month(past 10 days) I've only used 147.840 MB.

-Xarcell

luponero

post edited.

Xarcell

Webhost says it's an error in the script. I'll try to find out in more detail.

[Unknown]

This message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Doesn't come from SMF, it comes from your webserver.  Sounds like a 503.  Might be mod_security.  Having problems with mod_security?

-[Unknown]

Xarcell

I checked with my host again.

I don't have mod_secruity and they say it's DB errors that are coming up. However these errors are not showing up in my forum log. They say it was a Invalid query name. I'm trying to figure out how I can find the details so I can pass it along.

Valodim

there's a typo in a comment in Profile.php: "noficiation" in notification() ;)

[Unknown]

Quote from: Xarcell on September 19, 2005, 11:49:25 PM
I checked with my host again.

I don't have mod_secruity and they say it's DB errors that are coming up. However these errors are not showing up in my forum log. They say it was a Invalid query name. I'm trying to figure out how I can find the details so I can pass it along.

Invalid... query... name?  Eh?  Can you get them to give you direct lines from the Apache/PHP/etc. (where ever the error is going to) error log?

-[Unknown]

Xarcell

Yea, I'm trying to get that information now. I'm starting to feel like they are trying to blow me off. Thier policy is to respond within 24 hours. It took them 3 days for the last response. They've had serious power outage in the LA area, but from what they said, it's been fixed.

Maybe they are just swamped with complaints. However, as soon as I get the information I'll pass it along. I've already asked once though, and they didn't answer the question. So I gotta try again.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Xarcell on September 20, 2005, 06:11:08 PM
They've had serious power outage in the LA area, but from what they said, it's been fixed.

That was a week ago now.  Definitely serious, though.  I remember I was working away, and bam... everything was off.  Didn't come back for an hour... worse in some places, better in others.  Wasn't so bad, though.

-[Unknown]

Sirius

ho boy  37 pages to read to find out if everyone else have encounter the same bugs as I did in this version....    I should of kept 1.0.5

i have problems with posting answers sometimes ( it give me an error page) on 2 different forums , 2 different sql database  same bug..

I have to reload the page to be able to post an answer from the quick reply window... too often..

dtm.exe

Quote from: sirius on September 20, 2005, 10:22:18 PM
ho boy  37 pages to read to find out if everyone else have encounter the same bugs as I did in this version....    I should of kept 1.0.5

i have problems with posting answers sometimes ( it give me an error page) on 2 different forums , 2 different sql database  same bug..

I have to reload the page to be able to post an answer from the quick reply window... too often..

I've also had this problem with SMF 1.0.5.  SMF 1.1 has a completely different quick reply method; it fixed it for me.

Sirius

so i'll disable the quick reply feature and hope that they will release the rc1 soon... ::)

dtm.exe

Quote from: sirius on September 20, 2005, 10:59:23 PM
so i'll disable the quick reply feature and hope that they will release the rc1 soon... ::)

If that's what you want for you and your users, then yes.

Daniel D.

Quote from: sirius on September 20, 2005, 10:59:23 PM
You're not a charter member, so you'll have to wait until 1.1 Final.

[Unknown]

Daniel D.

Sirius

so I better not hold my breath while i wait for a new release then...  and no way to fix this problem beside paying 50$ US ?

I just confirm today that this bug is in my 2 forums,  it happen also when we send a private messages or if we reply without the quick reply box..

I must not be the only one to have this problem ??!!! 

dtm.exe

Quote from: Daniel D. on September 21, 2005, 04:34:07 AM
You're not a charter member, so you'll have to wait until 1.1 Final.

That's not true...RC1 is being released the the public...eventually.

Sirius

thank you for the answer..  I'll be waiting   and i am considering my membership for charter member since i've been SMF for over one year now ..

Advertisement: