MoreBloodWine

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on October 15, 2010, 06:07:12 AM
Checking again the list of spiders I found another one missing:

array (
'agent' => 'bingbot/2.0',
'spidername' => 'MSN Spider',
'spider' => true,
),

Thx, I'll get that added in later on and see about getting a self hosted copy up until the SMF guys get around to giving me permission to mod the main file if they ever do which I'm leaning towards no they wont. I only say that because alot of people would argue why do this for one person, but heres the thing, theres other people like me who host stuff like this that include files of their own so it would be more of a group thing but anyway, the SMF team will do what they want when they want but who amd I to argue with them lol...

Usually goes in one speaker and out the other...

But ya thx for the new spider ;-)
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Sea Mac

Thank You for this! Very useful!
I'm using the version snoopy_virtual made and posted here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=366399.msg2816231#msg2816231

It adds Browser and OS information. You can see how this looks:  http://softwaresanta.com/smf/index.php?action=who

I like it!        

MoreBloodWine

Ty for those kind words but as for snoopy's version, while it is nice and I'm not knocking it in any way the added data on individual lines makes the whos online list larger then I feel it hsould be. Again, I'm not knocking his version in any way but if you have a large forum the whos online list can get a bit huge with the added data on their own lines.

I do like it though !

@Everyone: Sorry for not getting a new hosted version up, been kind of busy with some family things bit I'll try to get a new hosted more manageable version up by tomorrow if not later today ;-)
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

snoopy_virtual

NO, mine is not a different version.

The only thing is my mod httpBL needs to change the file Who.template.php to work properly and, as Sea Mac is using this custom file instead of the default one, he was having problems installing my mod.

So, as I also have been using this custom file Who.template.php for a long time, I had already made the needed changes manually (for my own forum) so I gave him a copy of it.

But it's exactly the same one.

The fact that my mod allows you to see the OS & Browser of every visitor if you want is something different and, anyway, you can turn it on or off. Or even better (the way I have in all my forums) you can put it in a way that only admins can see that info.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

RCmod

I really wish someone would turn this into an actual mod that could be installed through the package manager. I went to MoreBloodWines's forum to check it out and this is exactly what I'm looking for.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: RCmod on October 24, 2010, 03:38:34 PM
I really wish someone would turn this into an actual mod that could be installed through the package manager. I went to MoreBloodWines's forum to check it out and this is exactly what I'm looking for.
One thing I am looking in to is making this a mod that more easily updatable but for the time being all you need to do is just toss this in as a replacement for your currently used Who.template.php file.

RCmod

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 24, 2010, 05:07:11 PM
One thing I am looking in to is making this a mod that more easily updatable but for the time being all you need to do is just toss this in as a replacement for your currently used Who.template.php file.

Yeah I realize its that easy, but I don't have FTP access to the site. I've been given full admin rights and allowed to install "some" mod's but I don't have FTP privileges and most likely wont.

BTW thanks for all your hard work with this great mod and not letting it die.

MoreBloodWine

If you have one of the "free" smf sites which I believe is owned by VBGamer assuming it's SMFForFree.com or something like that. HE might be able to hook this up for you... never hurts to ask... worst your gonna hear is HELL NO !

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: RCmod on October 25, 2010, 09:01:41 PM

Yeah I realize its that easy, but I don't have FTP access to the site. I've been given full admin rights and allowed to install "some" mod's but I don't have FTP privileges and most likely wont.

If you haven't got FTP access you can use the attached package.

EDIT:
Sorry, I have been trying to attach the package but apparently I haven't got permission to attach files here (?) so I have put it in my server instead. You can download it from here:

http://www.snoopyvirtualstudio.com/descargas/Custom.Who.template/Custom.Who.template-v0.5.zip

I have done it for my own use, so it's only compatible with SMF 1.1.11 and SMF 2 RC3 If you are using a different version let me know.

The only thing it does is to replace the original SMF Who.template.php file with the custom one published at the beginning of this thread by MoreBloodWine plus the 4 new spiders added by me.

Of course this is just a temporary solution while MoreBloodWine finish his mod. That's why I have named it version 0.5  ;)

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on October 26, 2010, 10:31:13 AM

EDIT:
Sorry, I have been trying to attach the package but apparently I haven't got permission to attach files here (?) so I have put it in my server instead. You can download it from here:

http://www.snoopyvirtualstudio.com/descargas/Custom.Who.template/Custom.Who.template-v0.5.zip

I have done it for my own use, so it's only compatible with SMF 1.1.11 and SMF 2 RC3 If you are using a different version let me know.

The only thing it does is to replace the original SMF Who.template.php file with the custom one published at the beginning of this thread by MoreBloodWine plus the 4 new spiders added by me.

Of course this is just a temporary solution while MoreBloodWine finish his mod. That's why I have named it version 0.5  ;)
Thx for hooking that up as a temporary solution but were assuming he can even upload packages...

snoopy_virtual

Well, RCmod was asking if anybody could turn this into a mod, so I assumed he can use the Packages Manager.

Otherwise it would have no sense.  ;D

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on October 26, 2010, 12:59:03 PM
Well, RCmod was asking if anybody could turn this into a mod, so I assumed he can use the Packages Manager.

Otherwise it would have no sense.  ;D
True, didnt really think of his wording but hell, you never know... weirder s***s happened before lol

choloman05

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 10, 2010, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: choloman05 on October 10, 2010, 06:55:48 PM
I have 0 mods installed on a fresh installation of 2.0RC3.  I don't know why, but I get tons of errors.  The old template I was talking about did the exact same thing on various versions of SMF. 

Maybe I need to change some setting or something I'm not thinking about though.  But even disabling template evals doesn't cut down on the errors.
I honestly wish I had soemthing to tell you but I have a 1.1 live site a 1.1 test site and even a 2.0 test site and this file is all working 100% flawlessly on them without a single error in either SMF or my cPanel.

No problem. I believe you 100%, but for some reason I always got lots of errors with the old custom who.template.php and still get them with this one.  Maybe I'll figure something out and post back here in the future.  Thanks.

MoreBloodWine

Well, if you do find soemthing please post it here so it can be looked in to because if by some streak of weirdness someething is wrong that only affect certain people then we need to get it fixed ASAP.

Only problem with that though is finding other people with the same problem or recreating it but either way please post your findings so I can look into them ;-)

lesmond

I was getting a few errors in the log whenever anyone viewed who's online.

http://www.xxxxxx.co.uk/index.php?action=who
8: Undefined offset: 139
Line: 94

8: Undefined offset: 92
Line: 76

I managed to fix it.
what I had to do was add this bellow to smf 2.0 rc3

$txt[139] = 'Pages';
$txt[92] = 'View the profile of';

to the bottom of both these files index.english-utf8.php and index.english.php in the language folders of the default theme, then Empty the file cache.

Free Forum Image Hosting

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

MoreBloodWine

Ty for that, I'll have a new hosted version up by days end ;-)

Edit: I'm just gonan remove those text links all together and just hard code the text in. This way people wont need to add language string anywhere.
Quote from: lesmond on November 15, 2010, 12:22:33 PM
I was getting a few errors in the log whenever anyone viewed who's online.

8: Undefined offset: 139
Line: 94

8: Undefined offset: 92
Line: 76

I managed to fix it.
what I had to do was add this bellow to smf 2.0 rc3

$txt[139] = 'Pages';
$txt[92] = 'View the profile of';

to the bottom of both these files index.english-utf8.php and index.english.php in the language folders of the default theme, then Empty the file cache.

MoreBloodWine

I added a link to DL the custom Who.template.php file to the bottom of the main post and my sig. Thee links lead off site to one of my forums where the file is hosted. I took out the language strings that were giving people errors on 2.0 and just added the raw text lines so everything should be updated and ready to go. Assuming I didn't miss any which I don't believe I did I added in all of the newly named spiders by people in this post.

I would add that I tried to also remove the original file from the main post but it didn't work so if a mod could please do that for me I'd appreciate it, Ty.

RCmod

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on October 26, 2010, 10:31:13 AM

EDIT:

Sorry guys, a little late in coming back to this thread.

THANK so much for this package! It worked great for me. You guys ROCK!

Rob Lightbody

MoreBloodWine

Advertisement: