News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Topic Icons Redesign

Started by PurpleCrow, September 25, 2010, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

I've created a new set of topic icons using the wonderful Silk Icons and thought I would share.

Made a quick preview image (its not very good but you get the idea of what the images look like!).

All images are in PNG format but with GIF extentions so that they can just overwrite the existing icons.

Note: The preview only contains a few of the images, I've redesigned ALL of the topic icons (53 I think).

Also attatched are quick_lock.gif, quick_lock_sticky.gif and quick_sticky.gif that appear on the right hand side of the topic descriptions on the topic index (just so it all matches, they are all in the file called quick_lock.zip).

PS - I would love to know if anyone ends up using these :)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Can you compiled it in a zip and tar.gz as well. When I am using linux, I can't open the rar file.

PurpleCrow

Erm, I think so... I'll have to work out how to do it mind you LOL
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Joker™

Quote from: PurpleCrow on September 25, 2010, 09:43:32 AM
Erm, I think so... I'll have to work out how to do it mind you LOL
In winrar there is a option whether to zip or make rar file.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

I can do it but I have to reboot with my windows first.  ;D

PurpleCrow

.zip added :D Cant work out how to do the tar.gz but will add it as soon as I do lol
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Zip is universal already. You don't have to tar.gz it. I can do that here for you. Here:

Put it in the OP and I can delete it here.

Edited: Deleted as already in OP.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: ahrasis on September 25, 2010, 09:51:07 AM
Zip is universal already. You don't have to tar.gz it. I can do that here for you. Here:

Put it in the OP and I can delete it here.

Done, thank you!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

PurpleCrow

Updated to include a few more images.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

I think it should be placed in icons folder and the name of show_lock.gif should be quick_lock.gif.  I am not sure about quick_sticky_lock.gif but I have repacked them in tar.gz anyway with the added folder so the same can be uploaded in the same images folder and just extract it. I named it icons with the reference to the folder it going to override.

Edited: Attachment deleted as already included in the OP.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: ahrasis on September 25, 2010, 11:33:21 AM
I think it should be placed in icons folder and the name of show_lock.gif should be quick_lock.gif.  I am not sure about quick_sticky_lock.gif but I have repacked them in tar.gz anyway with the added folder so the same can be uploaded in the same images folder and just extract it. I named it icons with the reference to the folder it going to override.

Ya know I thought that when I was packaging the files, I dont know why its called that on my computer... Odd! I'll upload the new folder you've added to the OP.

Thanks again!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

wilfred888

Thanks - I'm using them for my forum.
I am available for cheap Web Design, PHP scripting and more. If you need any SEO help etc, PM me for a quote/estimate.

Good quality web design from $20. PM for examples.

TheDisturbedOne

Creative Commons or Public Domain?
I really like these!!

Advertisement: