News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] vBulletin 4.0

Started by Nibogo, October 13, 2010, 07:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USFAddicts

EDIT: Fixed my problem!

Now when I try to login on the newly converted SMF Forum.  I cannot login to the admin panel, I tried both accounts from the SMF and the admin account from vBulletin.

Any help?

crew2cry

I have tried the converter but i was unable to login with the old user ids
can you provide the one that is working
i am converting vbulletin 4.0.7 to smf 2 rc5

venice12

Wha is this mean ?
Unsuccessful!
This query:
;
Caused the error:
Query was empty

Oldiesmann

What is it doing when you're getting that error?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

UndiFineD

thank you, this thing worked wonderful, though it was hard to find the attachments

_saiko

Is there a way to redirect from old vbulletin links (showthread.php) to the SMF links?
I migrated from vB 3.8 to SMF 2.0.1.

malc34

I want to convert my vBulliten forum to SMF, but I have no clue what I'm doing.. I did the whole basic installation so far but I guess I need to install this instead, can anyone maybe help me via email,aim,etc?

Antes

Hello malc34

Why don't you check out wiki :) You can find lot of good information about converting & converters...

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Converting

anshar

Converting vbb 4.0.8 with couple of plugins to SMF 2.0.1, but it's stopped on following error:

Link: convert.php?step=1&substep=11&start=600

Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (expire_time)

Any ideas?

anshar

aztoyota

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (posts) is the error I get. Reinstalled and tried 4 times to no success. Converting from 4.0.2.

fairwea1

Is there any chance of throwing the correct vbulletin4 converter into the download section of this site? This thread is confusing as to which files I'm supposed to use.

afcbob

Need help getting converted from vbulletin to smf i have installed the smf and downloaded the 2 files but what do i do next sorry new at this

NanoSector

Quote from: afcbob on May 13, 2012, 02:57:33 PM
Need help getting converted from vbulletin to smf i have installed the smf and downloaded the 2 files but what do i do next sorry new at this
Hi afcbob!

You know how to open your SMF install, right? Like http://mysite.com/index.php ?
Now, get rid of the "index.php" part and replace it with "convert.php", on your own site obviously. That will start the converter.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

afcbob

Ok thats great got that done how do a get the images back in my posts

alpheus

Quote from: roosendaaldegekste.nl on November 12, 2010, 08:22:25 PM
I have used [SMF Converter] vBulletin 4 and successfully converted vbulletin 4.0.8 to SMF 2.0 RC4.

But after the successful conversion when i try to login to my new smf forum with old usernames and password it doesn't works.

following message appears after first try

Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

and it did not works again....then it says to reset ur pass using username or email.

I converted to Smf 2.0.2 successfully but I have same problem too! I can't login to smf with new password. What can I do please?

gerzok

Quote from: alpheus on July 11, 2012, 11:35:50 AM
Quote from: roosendaaldegekste.nl on November 12, 2010, 08:22:25 PM
I have used [SMF Converter] vBulletin 4 and successfully converted vbulletin 4.0.8 to SMF 2.0 RC4.

But after the successful conversion when i try to login to my new smf forum with old usernames and password it doesn't works.

following message appears after first try

Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

and it did not works again....then it says to reset ur pass using username or email.

I converted to Smf 2.0.2 successfully but I have same problem too! I can't login to smf with new password. What can I do please?

Seem problem, I convert my vbulletin to SMF with this tools few weeks ago and i can't login now. I had to return to vbulletin from scratch. any idea about how to fox it?  :-\ 

Mariano

Thanks Jed11 for your modifications. It worked great (so far) but smileys and attachments were not converted.
I converted my forum from vBulletin 4.1.11 to SMF 1.1.12. Posts, profiles, threads and forums are displaying correctly.

I need to change my website's DNS first to know what it's not working, tough. I'll let you know if I have problems (I hope not).

Thanks a lot!

Peter_AUS

Just want to say thank you for providing such an easy way to move the majority of vBulletin 4.2.x over to SMF using the Converter the SQL file and the change in the source file that needs to be changed to achieve this.

What is missing, are instructions for how to do this conversion for people that are trying to find out.

So what I did, by reading and surmising what was meant was to put both the files required to do the conversion in the root of SMF.
I then made the change to add the line to the source file mentioned in the threads above.
What I found out when I ran the converter was that I couldn't access the vBulletin database, why, because the admin name wasn't allowed to in the MSQL Database area, so I added my smf admin database user to the vBulletin database user will allow all and then ran the converter again, with then no hiccups.

As said above smiles don't come across, nor do the thanks given by people so I am looking through the mods for a Thanks Mod.

What would be nice is maybe a list of essential mods that people think would be good to add in to the SMF core for administrative, permissions, profile, security etc. that are known to work well, as that would help all of us, make sure that hackers and spammers don't get in whilst converting over to SMF when we have used mods in vBulletin that aren't included in their core product either.

Thanks again for making my life not so difficult with the conversion, which I have only done on a test bed so far, still need to work some things out administratively and mods before doing it to my real site.
Regards,

Peter

arapboy

hi !

How can I fix this error?

I'd appreciate if you help

Converting members...Unknown column 'member_name' in 'field list'

Advertisement: