News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Not finding Vanilla forum

Started by 1stAngel, October 16, 2010, 04:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stAngel

No, its not big as its a pretty new forum, not a lot on it, but I missed SMF so much I wanted that back but cant lose this LOL

I will send as soon as I have downloaded it.

1stAngel

Hmm just realised I have some mods on it and that may screw up the Vanilla you are working on.  You may have to remove those from the SQL first

Norv

It shouldn't really be a problem, I think. Vanilla is free and is available for download, so we have a brand new copy as well (and a converter should of course work on those as well). So if the in-progress converter would work with some fields added by mods, it would choke on the fresh install - this way he'd know. :)
The important point of real-world data, such as your database, is to see what surprises can the real data hold. The converters aren't always ready for any surprise (even breakage) that may appear in the databases of the other software.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

1stAngel

Ok cool :)  No worries.  Thank you for explaining, I appreciate it.

Nibogo

Yep, as Norv said real databases are pretty useful to know have some cases when the converter may fail, that's why now I'll try to have a real database to test the converters first :)

About mods don't worry, they shouldn't be a problem ;)

1stAngel

MANY thanks to you.  I now have a forum working on SMF!!  I really appreciate this guys, you are awesome!!

Silentspy

is it possible to get the early release sent on pm?

been waiting for this for days now :P, tried doing my own changes to the converter but it seemed a bit more advance then expected

Advertisement: