News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Gamer IDs

Started by KiLLuMiNaTi-7-, October 18, 2010, 07:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Link to Mod

Gamer IDs

Adds 4 new profile fields. Xbox, PSN, Steam & Xfire with popup gamercard support.

Features

• Display's an Xbox/PSN/Steam/Xfire icon in members post/profile/pm. When the icon is clicked it will pop-up with the following.

• Xbox - Official Xbox gamercard with full avatar & extra links (View Profile/Send Message/Friends list).
    • PSN - Official PlayStation Portable ID. Loads the EU gamercard by default.
    • Steam - Unofficial gamercard provided by http://steamprofile.com/.
    • Xfire - Official Xfire Miniprofile gamercard.
  • Platforms can be disabled completely or can be enabled to show on registration page by going to: Admin -> Core Features -> Enable Advanced Profile Fields -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.
  • Two options in the admin panel under: Admin -> Modification Settings -> Miscellaneous. So you can choose if you want the GamerIds to display in plain text or to change the default PlayStation Portable ID to the US version.

Installation
This mod edits the following template files. So make sure to tick your custom themes when you install the package in the SMF package manager under "Install in Other Themes" (only themes with the following template files will show up so you may not need to do this).

• Display.template.php
  • Profile.template.php
  • PersonalMessage.template.php

Upgrade
To upgrade from earlier versions. Uninstall the old version first then install the new one.

Credit
gamercard.xbox.com
eu.playstation.com/psn/ & us.playstation.com/portableid/
steamprofile.com

ChangeLog

1.4 (19th September, 2011)

• Fixed bug where you couldn't disable the fields in the profile summary
  • Added Italian translation (bruce86).
  • Updated package to attempt to install on future SMF versions.

1.3 by Dub-T (September, 2011)

• Added Xfire.

1.2 (June, 2011)

• Fixed a bug where the links inside the popup window would not load in certain browsers. (Thanks PureT)

1.1 (June, 2011)

• Support for 2.0 Final.
  • Speed improvements.
  • Added option in the admin panel to choose what style of PSN gamercard to display (EU or US).
  • Added option in the admin panel to display the users gamer id's in plain text instead of icons.
  • Validation when inputting a gamer id. It will replace any characters that the platform does not support.

1.02 (January, 2011)

• Updated steam gamercard URL.
1.01 (October 22, 2010)

• Removed "Add to friends list" link - Doesn't work anymore.
  • Fixed broken Xbox Links in popup window.
  • Support for steam ID number.
1.0 (October 19, 2010)

• Initial release.

Matthew K.

Very nice mod! Good job :)

Raths Rants

Looks like the Xbox link needs to be updated.

Once you click on the link to go to the Xbox.com site this is the error message I am getting.

Ooops! What happened to this page? We've moved some things around. The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available. You might want to:

It looks like you need to be logged in to see the profile on Xbox Live. Not sure though.
The DDC Network
a lot of hard work goes into easy

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on October 18, 2010, 09:11:26 PM
Very nice mod! Good job :)

Thank you :)

Quote from: rathsrants on October 21, 2010, 01:27:50 PM
Looks like the Xbox link needs to be updated.

Once you click on the link to go to the Xbox.com site this is the error message I am getting.

Ooops! What happened to this page? We've moved some things around. The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available. You might want to:

It looks like you need to be logged in to see the profile on Xbox Live. Not sure though.

Thanks for letting me know. The links where broken when xbox.com updated their site.  I've updated the package ;) Grab it on the download page. You have to be logged in still for the links to work though but it should now redirect to the xbox login - once logged in it'll take you to the link.

zapiy

Nice work as always fella.
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

~DS~

Cool mod, I can't get the Portable ID image to show somehow...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on October 22, 2010, 08:18:25 PM
Cool mod, I can't get the Portable ID image to show somehow...

Have you made one first on the playstation site? Also have you put your name in case-sensitive? - I should maybe add that to the field description. AFAIK this only applies to the psn field though.

~DS~

I know I am doing right because it's suppose to pull image from http://us.playstation.com/portableid/
It also does not install on custom themes...

EDIT: Does seem to be case-sensitive after all.  ::)
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

SilverKnight

Great mod.

Would like to see view games and the like added to steam section. Maybe make the mini steam icon reflect what the user is currently doing (busy, away, ingame etc) Like some of the other mods.

KensonPlays

Thanks for this mod! and rc4 support!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

LuckyLuciano

I would suggest changing this line:

if ($message['member']['has_gamer_id'] && $message['member']['can_view_profile'])
echo '
<li class="im_icons">
<ul>
', !empty($message['member']['gamer_xbgt']['link']) ? '<li>' . $message['member']['gamer_xbgt']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '
', !empty($message['member']['gamer_psn']['link']) ? '<li>' . $message['member']['gamer_psn']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '
', !empty($message['member']['gamer_steam']['link']) ? '<li>' . $message['member']['gamer_steam']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '
</ul>
</li>';

to this:

if ($message['member']['has_gamer_id'] && $message['member']['can_view_profile'])
echo '
', !empty($message['member']['gamer_xbgt']['link']) ? $message['member']['gamer_xbgt']['link'] : '', '
', !empty($message['member']['gamer_psn']['link']) ? $message['member']['gamer_psn']['link'] : '', '
', !empty($message['member']['gamer_steam']['link']) ? $message['member']['gamer_steam']['link'] : '', '
';

So the icons fold nicely into the rest of the profile icons.  See image below:

-Lucky

Anobix

Hi there!

A quick suggestion/comment/idea:  Would it be possible to add SC2 (Starcraft 2) IDs to this?  Or if it isn't too difficult I can try doing it myself (I just have no experience modifying the files other than basic installations/modifications).

Excellent work overall!

teh_Krall

Wicked nice mod, thanks!

Just out of curiosity, does anything need to be done manually to get the icons to show up on a user's panel when they post? Mine is just showing up as text.

C4G-TK

Just wanted to say that this is a nice mod.

I am having one problem though with the PSN Gamer Card.  The pop-up information when you click on the icon does not match what is actually on the playstation forums or on my console.  The console and us.playstation forums match, but your pop-up doesn't.  Is this because of the new url to the playstation forums being changed this past week?  I'm not sure where you mod is pulling the pop-up information from, but it is delayed.

Picture 1:  Your GamerCard pop-up (incorrect)

Picture 2:  Information from us.playstation forums (and from actual console) (correct)

-img removed-

TheListener

What edits will I need so I can add to the Ultimate Profile mod?

Masterd

Add this to the Ultimate Profile's template.

', !isset($context['disabled_fields']['gamer_xbgt']) && !empty($context['member']['gamer_xbgt']['link']) ? '<li>' . $context['member']['gamer_xbgt']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '
', !isset($context['disabled_fields']['gamer_psn']) && !empty($context['member']['gamer_psn']['link']) ? '<li>' . $context['member']['gamer_psn']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '
', !isset($context['disabled_fields']['gamer_steam']) && !empty($context['member']['gamer_steam']['link']) ? '<li>' . $context['member']['gamer_steam']['link'] . '</li>' : '', '

An0nymousHelper

There is no way to get this on 1.1.11 is there (srry im a noob)

Ellion Cold

Any chances of a 2.0RC5 update to this mod?

Masterd

Did you tried version emulation?

Camealion

Thanks for this mod.  I have a request for your next update  ;D.  It would be cool if we could get some raptr [nofollow] support. They also have a gamer card setup.

Advertisement: