News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Facebook and Twitter Sharer

Started by Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen, December 13, 2010, 04:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm sorry, I have promised to update this mod but haven not had the time to do it yet. it should be fairly easy to install using version emulation though.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

welshdog

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 18, 2011, 03:22:43 AM
I'm sorry, I have promised to update this mod but haven not had the time to do it yet. it should be fairly easy to install using version emulation though.

Actually I have no idea what that is!!!

No worries, I'm pretty useless at any sort of programming so am totally in awe of guys like you who are willing to spend time helping us out. :)

Thanks anyway.

poojim

hello! I get this error when I installed using the parsed method for 2.0 (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse):

"Unknown column 'b.facebooksharer_board_enable' in 'field list'"

Can you help me with this. thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Take the installsharer.php included in the mod package, upload it to your forum root and point your browser to it.
It should add the necessary changes to your database then. ( Also delete the file after making sure everything went ok. )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

poojim

Thanks! It fixed the error... However there is not any buttons of Facebook or Twitter appear. Do you think I missed something?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

poojim

oh yeah I forgot it in the miscellaneous. I also have one mod in the misc section and that is "Facebook like mod" I realized that it is now working now and the Facebook and Twitter Sharer ( 2.0 RC4 -> 2.0 ) is also not working. DO you think it has something to do with the SA Facebook integration? Aren't they compatible?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No idea sadly, I have not tested this mod for any compatibility with any other mod.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

poojim

gisfreak

hem, nice mods,

gonna try this, thanx
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but yes I believe it should work via version emulation, and yes I'm planning to update this still...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

billowingwillows

Hello, I'm getting ready to install this mod to 2.0.2, want to thank you in advance for a simple yet effective share mod.  :)
I went through this thread to see if this was addressed, but it wasn't, so I'll go ahead and ask: This mod is putting the share button in for the whole topic, with the buttons appearing in the topic title bar, but I'm interested in customizing this so that it appears in every post, with the buttons sharing a link to that specific post.
I'm about ready to go through the code and see if I can manage something like this on my own, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't (mainly because I don't really know php but I try my best to improvise), but I thought I'd ask if this is ultimately possible and if it's practically easy to accomplish.  ;D
Thanks a lot for any input!  8)

billowingwillows

Okay, so it gave me the same "corrupt or incompatible" message that someone else mentioned earlier in this thread. So I went through the process of editing all the files myself, double-checked after it wasn't working properly, installed the db.php file (and confirmed the columns existed) and still nothing. The problem is that it wasn't displaying the buttons themselves, and, when I went into my admin settings, to modify boards, it was telling me about a parse error in Subs-boards.php. I didn't jot it down, something about an unexpected character or something... I'll try all of this again and hope for the best. I don't know what it means to install with a version emulator, so I guess I'll have to learn about that and give it a spin that way if this doesn't sort out. I'll keep you posted. Modified Curve, by the way, with all the relevant files in the default folder.

billowingwillows

Okay, so I figured out how to emulate version, so I managed to install this without a problem. :) I'm assuming that whatever problem I had earlier in manually installing it was just an error of my own doing...  ::)  ;D

I'm wondering how I can get rid of the count that comes with Facebook's button. I read on their page for the share button that I can change the type of button to get rid of it, but it seems like this will conflict with the "text/javascript" settings that have already been established. Is there a way you know that I can keep the style of the button as is (which I really like and want to keep, it looks great with the twitter button) without that count?

As I was mentioning earlier, I'm interested in changing it so that each post has it's own set of buttons that share the link for that specific post. It looks like I'd need to change this code here to make this happen...

share_url="', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '"

... which should be pretty easy to manage. Then I'd just need to put the whole code in another spot in the template file that corresponds with the individual post. I don't know how exactly to change that code though (I don't really know php! *shhh) so I'm going to work on it and report back, but if someone else would like to jump in and lend a hand, it'd be greatly appreciated! :)

Gryzor

Hello,

This doesn't work under emulation for 2.0.2. I haven't checked the errors yet (might be something trivial, but I'm at work so I can't edit and upload code), but I was really hoping this gets updated some time soon. It's the only sharing mod that I've seen that is discreet and also puts the buttons in the title bar instead of in the message body, or a huge floating bar or popping icons or unicorns dragging banners and whatnot.

Cheers
T

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Afaik this should still work with emulation - but I hereby solemnly swear I'll update this mod within the next couple of weeks.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Gryzor

Heheheh maybe you'll just burn in hell or something :D

Kidding aside, got a meeting in 5 mins, when I get out I'll see what errors and where it throws them, and will let you know. Thanks so much :)

Gryzor

Nah, I think some other mod must have touched the code where your mod sits, I think it's the Likes mod from the looks of it. Will do it manually at home...

Srinib

Quote from: humbleworld on December 31, 2011, 05:46:00 PM
Will this MOD compatible with SMF 2.0.2?

No. I just tried to install but got this message.
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Advertisement: