Ads removed with paid subscription?

Started by The Mitchelli, May 10, 2011, 01:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mitchelli

Is it possible to set up a theme that contains google ads, but have them invisible if a member takes out a paid subscription?

Can it be done?

If so can it be done via a mod or does it require hand coding?

Thanks

Baby Daisy

are you using a mod to show those google ads in the first place?

manual coding is easier, all you need to do is call $user_info and check the 'groups' key (it returns an array of groups you're in, as the logged in user). if you have it set up that you get put into another group on ordering a subscription, that is
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There are mods available out there, that let you specify which groups see adds and which don't.
Combine a mod like that with the paid subs feature so that a paid subscription changes the primary membergroup of everyone subscribing, and you're golden :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

The Mitchelli

Thank you, do you know what the mods are called? There seem to be so many that do slightly similar things that I don't want to get it wrong or use a mod that is not rated by the community.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I do not know much of those mods, and can not recommend one because of that.
But I know this one has permissions for the ad slots, so it could be used just for that.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

The Mitchelli

Thank you Lex, I will give it a go. Although my forum is technically live - I have not publicised it and have no users yet so I guess bow is the best time to experiment!

The Mitchelli

All sorted now with Simple Ads,

I tried the 'more popular' ad management mod, but I didn't get the level of control I needed. I am now very happy with how it worked out.

Advertisement: