News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeB

Quote from: butchs on January 26, 2011, 08:40:04 AM
You should not turn on banned until you are sure that you are not going to ban yourself.

I will send you a pm.

Thank you butches for rapid reply
I am confused...what ban?
Can you tell me exactley which one od those?
General Settings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enable Testing
Block Violations
Logging
Cache Duration
Notify Administrator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOS Attacks
User-Agent Inspection.
DOS Attack
User-Agent Whitelist
Trigger (#/sec)
Longterm Ban
IP Address
Enable IP Validation
Enable Admin IP Confirmation
Admin IP Low
Admin IP High
Admin Domain Name
Ports
Enable Remote Port Validation
Enable Server Port Validation
Server Port List
SQL Injection
Enable Injection Test
Permitted URI Characters
Cross-Site Scripting
Enable XSS Inspection
XSS Events alert
HTTP Header Attacks
Enable Header Inspection
Referrer Attacks
User-Agent Attacks
Request Entity Attacks
Country Identification
Enable Country Test
GeoIP
Country Code via Headers
Country
Proxy Information
Visitor IP call to ProxyProxy Header IDEnable Bypass ProtectionDomain NameIP Address

butchs

You are lucky I am home sick.  Going back to work tomorrow.  :o

Turn off "Block Violations" for now.  Then fix the php files.

You probably blocked yourself with the "Enable Admin IP Confirmation".  The log will give you more details.  Read the help icons "?" for details on how to adjust.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

henrik1782

Hi...

This is not really a problem with Forum Firewall but...

I just updated from 1.02 to 1.04 and once more when updating or removing a mod I had to manually make changes. For me it seem that installation of mod is based more or less on search/replace and if another mod get in between your have to make manual install/uninstall. It is normally not a big issue I just wonder that there could have been implemented a better way to do this.

This is just a comment for my fustration... Forum Firewall i working just fine. Great work.
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

butchs

The upgrade is worth it just for the obfuscation.  He he...  O:)

I think I am done for a while updating anyway...
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

henrik1782

Hi Butch and Arantor...

I know that it is not a special issue for Forum Firewall and honestly I dont mind updating. It would just have been so much easier if SMF had implemented this in another way. There are tons of other way to do it and it just seems a litle bit cloomsy.

Ok ... this is just another topic... it was just my fustration  ;)
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

butchs

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on January 21, 2011, 08:46:45 PM
One thing is to translate and other thing is to test.  ;)

We you did look at it and provide me a list of 1.1.x comments.  Like I did for you...  If you like I will can change you to reviewer or something like that?
???

Dippster

I was excited by this mod, it failed on test for index.template.php in default theme and ManagePermissions.php, but was OK with my theme by crip. I backed up the two pages and allowed the mod to install. once this was done I was redirected to the setup page and when ever i try to save I get a 406 error, even if i do nothing, and just try to save I get this error. I am using version 2.0 RC4.

Any help would be appreciated as I dearly would love to get this mod functioning on my forums.
Dippy

henrik1782

Hi Butchs....

just been excluded from my own forum. Acused of a DOS attack. How do I gain access again.

Masterd

Will this mod work with Simple SEF?

Joazo

Quote from: henrik1782 on January 27, 2011, 09:56:24 AM
Hi Butchs....

just been excluded from my own forum. Acused of a DOS attack. How do I gain access again.

All settings can be edited in the SMF_"settings" file in phpmyadmin.  Find "forumfirewall_enable" and change it from 1 to 0, refresh the browser and re-enter the admin panel and fix the settings in the mod.

henrik1782

Joazo

About ports:
Port 80 is enough in the allowed ports list or need anything more?

butchs

Quote from: Dippster on January 27, 2011, 01:43:55 AM
I was excited by this mod, it failed on test for index.template.php in default theme and ManagePermissions.php, but was OK with my theme by crip. I backed up the two pages and allowed the mod to install. once this was done I was redirected to the setup page and when ever i try to save I get a 406 error, even if i do nothing, and just try to save I get this error. I am using version 2.0 RC4.

Any help would be appreciated as I dearly would love to get this mod functioning on my forums.
Dippy

I really do not what to tell you.  You installed an unknown custom theme and tried to install the mod even after getting errors.  Not a good idea.  The mod is designed for the default theme and when using a custom there you need to perform a manual installation of the mod.  First install it in your default theme, then edit the parts of the custom theme that apply. :'(

butchs

Quote from: Joazo on January 27, 2011, 05:42:55 PM
About ports:
Port 80 is enough in the allowed ports list or need anything more?

In most cases port 80 is all you need for SMF. :)

butchs

Quote from: Masterd on January 27, 2011, 01:12:27 PM
Will this mod work with Simple SEF?

Out of the box, I have no idea.  The best part about this mod is that is is totally Admin configurable.  So I believe FF can be adjusted to work by editing the settings.
:-X

Masterd

Thank you, anyway. I will try this out.

henrik1782

Hi Butchs

I have about one user every day which is blacklistet because of DOS attack. Se attachment

Can you advice to lower the DOS attack trigger from 0.65 to maybe 0.5.

Best regards
Henrik Poulsen

butchs

Lowering it will cause it to be more restrictive.  Raising the attack trigger will make it less restrictive.

If you read the built in help the trigger is the hits per second over the cache duration. So if you take the cache duration and multiply it by the trigger that will give you the total hits over the cache duration.

I really do not think raising it is a good idea.  Why not whitelist your top members instead?

I find it hard to believe that regular members are getting banned because they have to click a whole bunch of times to access the trigger.  Maybe there is another mod over using the "actionArray" causing the bans.

For example if you read post #69 in this thread the enotify mod was causing users to get banned.  The problem was reduced when the refresh rate was changed from 10000 to 30000.  Maybe it needs to be higher?

Dippster

Quote from: butchs on January 27, 2011, 07:03:36 PM
Quote from: Dippster on January 27, 2011, 01:43:55 AM

Dippy

I really do not what to tell you.  You installed an unknown custom theme and tried to install the mod even after getting errors.  Not a good idea.  The mod is designed for the default theme and when using a custom there you need to perform a manual installation of the mod.  First install it in your default theme, then edit the parts of the custom theme that apply. :'(

Barbones forum, no other mods, no other themes complete install from scratch, bad behaviour works fine but still get 406 error when I click the save button in Forum Firewall settings. any ideas?

butchs

Do you have any thing in the SMF Error log?  If not, my guess it is on your server side and has nothing to do with the mod.

It could be the security settings by your host (ie using Modsecurity in Apache).  Or it could be a hosts firewall is blocking the content; if so, you will need to edit the mod settings in phpmyadmin.

Advertisement: