News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpgames

I switched to default smf theme, and mod does not work. I had uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I still get the old css sheet, as its not fully deleting, and it still does not show tabs. I even went behind the scenes into the package folder, and tabbed smileys was deleted from there.

I also moved all but 14 smileys to the pop-up, hoping that would help.

What do I need to do to get this mod to work? I went back to my preferred theme. Metin 2 blue. I also uninstalled a mod (ultimate menu).

Here is the CSS:
      div.tabContent {
         width:100%;
         overflow:auto;
         padding-bottom: 10px;
                        color: #0000ff;
      }
      div.hide {
         display: none;
      }
      div.tabContent_spacer {
         margin-top: 0.5em;
                        color: #0000ff;
      }

Note that I added text colour just to be sure that the links would show up regardless of which theme I used. I will change that colour once I get it working, as I don't use bright blue anymore.

List of Mods: Only the * ones are installed.
*1.   Bakers Dozen Pages   1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*2.   Fanfics System   1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*3.   Tabbed smileys   0.3.99c     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*4.   Login Security   1.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*5.   SMF Quiz   1.1.1 beta1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   MathJax   1.3   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*7.   Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag   3.10     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   More Genders   1.0.1   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   cbi 1.0   1.8.1   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*10.   Tagging System   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*11.   To-Do List   2.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*12.   Global Headers Footers   2.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
**13.   Tabbed smileys   0.3.99c     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*14.   SA Chat   1.0a1 Rev120     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*15.   [BBCode] Overline   1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
*16.   Add Favicon.ico Support   1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Thanks in advance!

MULITRI

Hello Steve,

I have installed your mod into SMFv.2.1.3 and it works almost perfect.

I have a couple problems, one minor, and the other maybe is not caused by you mod... i'll start with the minor problem.

The tabs i have created to organize my smileys (4 tabs) seems like it show at right hand by default, when a row of smileys is full. But when the row isn't full, as the smileys are placed showing from left hand by default, the row of tabs moves depending how long is the row of smileys. I have attached two screenshots for you can see what i meant (if i explained it correctly hehe)

What i would like is to get the tabs centered all the time no matter the tab i select and if the row of smileys is full or it has a couple smileys.

Now the other problem, which affect the Quick Reply function. Quick Reply has actualy installed two Mods:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3246
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3891

The first mod allows smileys and some BBcode buttons appears on the Quick Reply box, but when a smiley is clicked it doesn't appears into the message box. I would like to know if you know it could be not compatible with your mod or if there is another issue. If I uninstall that mod, the smileys aren't shown in Quick Reply, so i can't know if it will work the smileys.

I hope i have explained well my doubts, i will appreciate your help, Thanks.

Steve

First, it's not my mod, it's emanuele's.

And second, do you mean 2.0.13 or 2.1 beta 3?
DO NOT pm me for support!

MULITRI

Yes, sorry again, is 2.0.13

FragaCampos

Hi there.

I've been using this mod for some years, but recently it stopped working. I mean, not totally, but almost.
I think this happened after adding a new smile to one tab's list, and now I can't seem to make it work again.
This is what happens now, the first tab is ok, but the others appear empty.  :(

Can anyone help me to try to pin down the problem?

Regards.

Steve

Did you move a smiley from the first position in any tab section? When you go to 'Edit Smileys', are all your smileys listed?

FragaCampos

It's probable, but I can't really remember. Meanwhile I redone the order of the smileys in the admin panel. All smileys are correctly listed there.
The tabs appear correctly in the forum's messages, but only the first one shows the smileys.

Steve

I could take a look for you if you want but I'd need a temporary test account. If you're willing, pm me the url and account info.

Steve

The first problem is that your forum is in a language I don't speak but I used mine to see where each link goes. :P

The bad news is, I have no idea what happened. All of your tabs are gone and I can't make it create new ones. Usually the tabs get messed up if a smiley is moved from the first position of any tab but I haven't seen it completely wipe them out before. Did you add any mods or themes just before this happened?

I'm at a loss as to how to help you short of suggesting uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. :(

FragaCampos

Thank you for taking a look. You could switch the language to english in your profile. ;)

I believe you looked to my forum without the mod installed. Since the mod hasn't an on/off switch, I've uninstalled it, of course, because it's not working.
To see the problem, you'll have to install it.

If you have any difficulty, please contact me via PM so that we can arrange an hour to do it in sync.

Steve

Oh! I didn't realize you had uninstalled the mod. I'd much rather take a look after you do the installation because you'll want to do backups first.

FragaCampos

Just to note that the problem still persists.
Thank you for your help though, Steve.

MadCityKaren

Does anyone know if this mod works with 2.0.15?  (Noting the version of the mod on github is 4 years old now ...)

I love this concept, but am leery of installing an 'older' mod.

sam666

0.3.99c is working fine here on 2.0.15 and PHP 7.1.13  :D

inter

php 7.1
smf 2.0.15

Url: http://.../index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=editsmileys;
Error: A non-numeric value encountered
File: /.../Sources/ManageSmileys.php(977) : runtime-created function
Line: 9
Sorry for my English

kesulin

Quote from: MadCityKaren on January 27, 2018, 03:35:09 PM
Does anyone know if this mod works with 2.0.15?  (Noting the version of the mod on github is 4 years old now ...)

I love this concept, but am leery of installing an 'older' mod.
I try it and have problems with code in ManageSmileys.php. I force install and manual editing this part of code and work fine.

shadav

just wanted to say thank you :) I installed the beta version on a 2.0.15, I used the package installer at first but I don't think it worked (then again I don't think I fully enabled it in the post settings :D ) so then i uninstalled and did a manual install... everything seems to be working just fine
everything is inside tabs now, so much better

shadav

Quote from: emanuele on May 16, 2013, 05:06:02 AM
Never tried, but something like this should work.

In GenericControls.template.php remove this
Code (find) Select
tab_names[-5] = \'' . ($context['current_action']!='pm' ? $txt['tabbed_subject_and_icons'] : $txt['tabbed_to_and_subject']) . '\';

and:
Code (find) Select
tabs_content[0] = \'<div id="tab_-5_elem"></div>\';
tabs_content[0] += \'<div id="tab_-4_elem"></div>\';

Code (replace with) Select

tabs_content[0] = \'<div id="tab_-4_elem"></div>\';

and remove:
Code (find) Select
buttons_i = document.getElementById(\'post_header\');
buttons_f = document.getElementById(\'tab_-5_elem\');
buttons_f.appendChild(buttons_i);

But I'm mostly guessing...

Quote from: dimspace on May 16, 2013, 01:12:40 PM
Yeh, didnt manage it.. Left the initial tab as "undefined", the smileys didnt load and none of the buttons worked. Will have a dig around over the next few days.. should be fairly simple.. in theory..
I tried this but it didn't work :( same like dimspace said.....

any other ideas :D
i'd either like how dimspace said to exclude the subject and icon from being tabbed
or if it'd just default to the subject tab instead of the format tab

thank you  :)

shadav

I think, I do say *think* I figured out how to make it automatically open on the subject tab
in GenericControls.template.php
find
tabbed_toggleElem(\'tab_', $modSettings['enable_tabbed_interface']==2 ? (empty($context['post_error']['no_to']) && empty($context['post_error']['no_subject']) && empty($context['post_error']['no_subject']) ? '-4' : '-5') : '0', '\');';
replace with
tabbed_toggleElem(\'tab_', $modSettings['enable_tabbed_interface']==2 ? (empty($context['post_error']['no_to']) && empty($context['post_error']['no_subject']) && empty($context['post_error']['no_subject']) ? '-5' : '-4') : '0', '\');';

need to test more but so far it seems to have worked

shadav

this needs updated for 2.0.18  :P

I tried but.....

Sources/ManageSmileys.php

find
'function' => function($rowData) use ($txt)
{
if (empty($rowData['hidden']))
return $txt['smileys_location_form'];
elseif ($rowData['hidden'] == 1)
return $txt['smileys_location_hidden'];
else
return $txt['smileys_location_popup'];
},
'class' => 'windowbg',
),

replace
'function' => function($rowData) use ($txt,$modSettings)
{
if (empty($rowData['hidden']))
return $txt['smileys_location_form'];
elseif ($rowData['hidden'] == 1)
return $txt['smileys_location_hidden'];
else
return $txt['smileys_location_popup'] . ' (' . $txt['tabbed_smileys_tab']. ': ' . (!empty($modSettings['tabbed_smileys']['popup'][$rowData['smiley_row']+1]) ? $modSettings['tabbed_smileys']['popup'][$rowData['smiley_row']+1] : ($txt['additional_smileys'] . ' ' . $rowData['smiley_row']+1)) . ')';
},
'class' => 'windowbg',
),

*thanks to antechinus about removing the escaping
*thanks to vbgamer posting as well, I'd forgotten the $modSettings

now this "works" but with errors, which leads me to think it doesn't really work

https://4rearth.info/index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=addsmiley;d09f57ca07=f431d589b62f7f89057007b9bf7f94ef
2: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
File: /Themes/default/ManageSmileys.template.php
Line: 409

same error on
Line: 405

before I saw vbgamers post with the modsetting added I was also getting this error but it hasn't shown up since adding modsettings

https://4rearth.info/index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=editsmileys;e4574a5d2d=6cc4fb60517be7505f10dc5de49737cd
2: A non-numeric value encountered
File: /Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 1029

so well hopefully someone else can figure it out

Advertisement: