How to integrate CKeditor in smf 2.0 RC3

Started by funkyzine, January 24, 2011, 04:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkyzine

Hey guys i want to integrate Ck-editor in smf2.0 RC3

do anyone knows how to do that
i nearly searched the hole Internet for this but nothing found 

Arantor

It's a huge amount of work actually because SMF is so geared to using bbcode, which means you need to rewrite a large amount of Subs-Editor to handle the conversion between CKeditor's HTML and SMF's bbcode (seeing that there's no HTML sanitiser library in SMF because that's what bbcode is for)

funkyzine

then is there any other editor that works in smf 2.0 rc3

please help me i need it badly

Arantor

SMF 2.0 comes with its own WYSIWYG editor...

funkyzine

but that editor is not good

i need the ckeditor badly
someone please help me

i have searched nearly every cornor of net for it my hole forum is ready to publish but this editor is making me sick

Arantor

And seriously, it's a LOT of work to add. I know, I tried it once.

funkyzine

i am ready for that but i dont know how to do that

Arantor

That's the point... I spent a lot of time working on code with SMF, and there is not a way to directly do it without rewriting literally thousands of lines of code when it's all done, depending on whether you keep bbcode or not (if you don't, it's a case of ripping out thousands of lines of code and smoothing over the cracks, if you do it's a case of adding a couple of thousand lines to sanitise the HTML from the editor, and convert it to/from bbcode as necessary)

I'm speaking from experience here, I actually tried it a while ago and after 3 *solid* days of coding, I still had something that only partly worked and I couldn't be sure didn't have security issues.

funkyzine

u mean there is no way to change the smf's native editor with another editor which works more better than it

Arantor

Not without rewriting much of the code that's there because so much of Subs.php (1500 lines), Subs-Editor.php (nearly all the file), editor.js (the entire file), Subs-Post.php (most of the file) GenericControls.template.php (most of the file), Post.template.php (some) and PersonalMessage.template.php (some) are so geared to using bbcode and the existing editor.

It's just not designed to be handled that way.

funkyzine

bro i found this mod to change the post reply with ckeditor it is giving me test fail error sould i install it or not

hxxp:www.pftq.com/smf-ckinstaller/ [nonactive]

Arantor

QuoteThis mod does not deal with the security issues of using the WYSIWYG/rich-text editor

I haven't even looked at the code but that kind of suggests you shouldn't... since it's the security issues that require all the work!

Kindred

yeah, looking at that site, I zeroed in on the same line...
     This mod does not deal with the security issues of using the WYSIWYG/rich-text editor; it is not recommended for large open forums where you may not fully trust all its users.  The intent is to allow easy integration of the CKEditor with the forum for those who have already decided to do so.

It would seem that you have a choice:   open a security hole in your forum and use the ckeditor or deal with the smf internal editor and keep your forum secure.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

*nods*

Integrating the editor itself and not worrying about security, that was a 15 minute job. Making it secure... would take more time than I had to spend when experimenting. Maybe one day though.

lttung

Same question, how to integrate Ck-editor in SMF  ???

Kindred

already answered...

short answer - you should not.
long answer... see the link above.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lttung

Quote from: Kindred on December 12, 2012, 09:02:46 AM
already answered...

short answer - you should not.
long answer... see the link above.

I search and found a mod. Pls test ( file Attachment)
Source: http://forum.giappi.tk/web/ckeditor-for-smf-!/

Kindred

If it is a file from outside of SMF, that would be your responsibility to test it...

We do not encourage the use of this - for various reasons, including security.

edit-- Also - removed the attachment, since there is no license in the package
Слaва
Украинi

tobocom

Quote from: Arantor on January 24, 2011, 08:46:43 AM
SMF 2.0 comes with its own WYSIWYG editor...

What You See Is What You Get

The buildt in, is an editor, nothing to do with a WYSIWYG editor.
CKeditor is however, a real WYSIWYG

Anyway, im looking for the same. Anyone converted this into a mod?
There is on for version 1.1.x  hxxp:pftq.com/smf-ckinstaller/ [nonactive]

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: