News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Membergroup ID with Group Name

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, January 28, 2011, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Membergroup ID with Group Name - Link to Mod

Taken over by: BurkeKnight - BurkeKnight Enterprises from: Joker™

For Support: The mod's Support topic at SMF, or at BurkeKnight Enterprises.

In many modifications a user id required to fill the Membergroup ID of a specific Membergroup, but by default in SMF the membergroup is only shown in the url while admin is modifying a member group.

After the installation of this package the Membergroup ids will be shown in a separate column before the name of the group.

The effect of this modification can be seen at

Administration Center > Members > Membergroups

Change Log

Version 1.1
- Mod compatible to SMF 2.0 Final
- License added to the mod

This mod is licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)

Matthew K.

kaydrive

I just loaded the mod Default Membergroup with id, It loaded fine and seems to work but when i tryed to set member groups there was no ID # listed See photo attached.

Any help would be nice.

Suki

nice mod indeed  ;)  I am one of those mod authors that tell users to write the membergroup ID  :P

@kaydrive  did you get any errors on install?

can you please attach your ./Sources/ManageMembergroups.php  file

try cleaning your forums cache, go to admin / maintenance / forum maintenance  / routine / cache
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

kaydrive

I am very new to smf and i am not sure when that file is or how to post it? Could you walk me though on where it is.

Oh and it loaded with out ANY errors.

Just tryed the cleaning as listed on last post (admin / maintenance / forum maintenance  / routine / cache)
Did not work.

Suki

in order to attach the file here, you will have to use your ftp program How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

once you are inside your server, go to the Sources folder, find the your /ManageMembergroups.php  file

download it to your PC,   now  reply to this post,  under the text boc you will see a link:  "advance options"  click it,  a box will appear, use that box to upload your file
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

kaydrive

Suki

your file did not have the mod's  edits,  are you sure you installed this mod throw the Package Manager ?

I edited the files with the mod's code, use this one

kaydrive

Thanks i will give it a shot and let you know how it works.

kaydrive

Worked like a champ.
Thank you very much.
Greg

H3lioz

Hey i uninstalled the mod after installing it (lol)
But the id's is still there  >:(

Help? :/

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Hiya all.

I am entrusted with this mod now but I haven't have time to look into it deeply yet. I also believe that my brother Joker is a better coder than I am. I will try to do my best in handling this mod.

Thank you for supporting this mod and do feel free to ask for support.

Advertisement: