News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Copyright

Started by hadesflames, January 29, 2011, 02:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadesflames

Link to Mod

Package Information

Latest Version: 1.0.4
Created by: hadesflames
Built for: SMF 2.0
Package: Custom Copyright

What is this?

This mod lets you add your own custom copyright to your forum on the footer where your SMF copyright is. What sets this mod apart from the other copyright mods, is that it works on ALL themes.

Alteration Log

Version 1.0.4

[!] Mod compatible with SMF 2.0.8. - June 28, 2014
[!] Mod compatible with SMF 2.0.7. - January 24, 2014
[!] Removed all file edits. (Mod now works with absolutely no file edits.) - January 24, 2014
[!] English UTF-8 support. - January 24, 2014

Version 1.0.3

[!] Compatibility with SMF 2.0.4 and the new copyright footer. (2013) 1.0.2 will remain for versions below 2.0.4, but will not receive support. Please update your forum asap. - February 18, 2013

Version 1.0.2

[!] Added the ability to chose if you want the copyright before or after the SMF copyright. - June 19, 2011

Version 1.0.1

[!] Support for SMF versions before 2.0 gold have been dropped. - June 13, 2011
[!] Updated for SMF 2.0 - June 13, 2011

Version 1.0

[!] Confirmed works with 2.0 RC5 - February 11, 2011
[!] Confirmed works with 2.0 RC4 - January 16, 2011

Need Help?

If you need help with this modification, please don't hesitate to post in the support thread. Legacy version 1.0.2 has been dropped. If you're on an ancient version of SMF, either upgrade, or find a different mod.

NOTE:

This mod will NOT work if you have removed the SMF Copyright, and it may not work if you have modified the SMF Copyright. If any modification/removal has been done to the SMF Copyright, I will not provide any fix to get it working without the SMF Copyright.

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

plentynaira

Thanks for dis cool mod.

works good on my custom theme.

easy and simple to implement. thanks

Mari-chi

I see London, I see France, I see Hadesflames and his super spiffy custom copyright mod. :)

live627

You did that just to tick him off, eh.

Aldo, you honestly surprised me. I thought you were finished with submitting new mods.

Mari-chi

Quote from: live627 on January 29, 2011, 05:10:24 PM

You read me like a book! XD

hadesflames

Quote from: JBlaze on January 29, 2011, 03:02:38 AM
Congrats!

Thanks =]

Quote from: Mari-chi on January 29, 2011, 04:42:34 PM
I see London, I see France, I see Hadesflames and his super spiffy custom copyright mod. :)

****** -.-

Quote from: plentynaira on January 29, 2011, 04:12:26 PM
Thanks for dis cool mod.

works good on my custom theme.

easy and simple to implement. thanks

Glad you liked =]

Quote from: live627 on January 29, 2011, 05:10:24 PM

Aldo, you honestly surprised me. I thought you were finished with submitting new mods.

Well, it doesn't hurt to help out others with the things you learn right? =]

Mari-chi

Oh, Hadesflames, you flatter me. I think that's about the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me!! :P Kay, but srsly. *Stops spamming thread*

hadesflames

Confirmed working with RC5.

Neo_TE

Hi hadesflames

I liked this mod  & installed itsince it works with custom themes without any manual edit.  But we didn't like our website copyright to be displayed below the SMF copyright since some people may not find it easily since it will appear along with the MOD copyright.

So I changed some codes in subs.php so that our website copyright will be displayed above the SMF copyright.

This is the code modified by me in subs.php and it works properly without any error in the log.

$search = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank" class="new_win">Powered by SMF';
   $replace = $modSettings['custom_copyright_message'] . '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank" class="new_win">Powered by SMF';

instead of

$search = ', Simple Machines LLC</a>';
   $replace = ', Simple Machines LLC</a><br />' . $modSettings['custom_copyright_message'];

I would like to know if these code edits by me will cause any security or other issues.  Also please correct me if some error exists in this code.

live627

Ah yes, it looks good. Doing hat won't cause any issues.

EnvisionPortal Team

Quote from: live627 on February 19, 2011, 06:59:39 PM

That. It looks fine to me as well ;)

-hadesflames

Neo_TE

Quote from: live627 on February 19, 2011, 06:59:39 PM

Quote from: EnvisionPortal Team on February 20, 2011, 11:55:13 PM
That. It looks fine to me as well ;)

-hadesflames
Thank you very much.  ;D

tfs

Broken in SMF 2.0 Final.  It will install without error (using emulation), and the ACP has the place to enter the custom copyright, but there's no visible change to the footer.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

live627

Most mods that add to the footer copyright line are broken now because of the changed copyright line. They rely solely on the old one with LLC...

eric1234

So what shall we do? by the way, this mods got no uninstall file or something. SO i cannot uninstall it. >.<

tfs

To uninstall you may have to have your SMF "emulate" an older version.  At the Package Manager, click on "Advanced" and change the version from SMF 2.0 to SMF 2.0 RC5.  Then the programs in the list will allow you to install/uninstall if they're RC5 compliant.

The usual cautions apply if the uninstaller runs into an error.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

hadesflames

The mod now works with 2.0 gold.

Motardist

Installed 1.1 with 2.0 Gold and there's no change in the footer when I add the text and save.  :(

tfs

It's working for me now.  Try uninstalling and then deleting yours, and then get the one on the mod download site again.

Advertisement: